Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Reading... Book Thread

Go down 
+18
Dazzled_By_Edward
GlitchInMyBrain
multifandomfreak
Resisting the wine
nomadgirl
marci.hearts.edward
VamptasticVeronica
Fandom_United
Jacob_imprintedonme
ladyandthevamp
Sarahlovestwilight
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Tao
TeamSwissCheese
therapycasecullen
MariForEmmett
Happy Twilighter
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 am

ladyandthevamp wrote:
i attempted to finish the series but i got kind of bored with them after book 4. I love the movies though! are the rest of them just as good?

Yeah, i was kinda lost at the begining of 5, but the end in the book is so much better than the movie.

The plot twists in 6 & 7 will make your brain explode (in a good way)
I just finished them for the 2nd time. I highly recomend reading them because the movies probably won't be near as good
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 am

oh ok! thanks I will have to start reading them again!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:45 am

I reading 2666 I read about 125 pages out of 896 pages of this book, it's really intresting book, yet you don't know what this book is about. Also the books I order from amazon well over a week ago didn't came! Since here in Vegas it's snowing and some of the roads are close, hopefully my books will come.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 pm

awww you poor thing. jk lol. so what book are you reading like right now?
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Ok, so I just finished Frostbite (the second in the Vampire Academy series) and I LOVED it. AANNNNDDDD I got notice in my email that the library has a copy of Shadow Kiss (the third and latest in the series) on hold for me!! WOO HOO. Guess who's going to the library in the morning, lol. I'm a happy girl!!

Last book then I can start reading the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton!! study
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Good news my books finally came! And they all so lovely looking, I dying to see the Sookie Stackhouse books I got! But I am still reading two books currently which are And Then There Were None (which is a book I reading for my modern literature class), and of course 2666 which is so damn big! I adore the book, and love how the author wrote it, but the reason I am taking a while to finish this book, is currently I am sick with a mean and bad cold that I have for a couple of days. I been reading this book in bed, since when you sick you usually sleep alot, I keep falling asleep! Since it's a ritual for me to read before I go to bed, also with listening to music. Today I was getting into the book, then I felt tried I fall asleep with my book. My parents had been telling me that lately they catch me falling asleep with books on my bed. I also getting more books from the library hopefully tomorrow? I going to pick up Dorian Gray and East Of Eden.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
Ok, so I just finished Frostbite (the second in the Vampire Academy series) and I LOVED it. AANNNNDDDD I got notice in my email that the library has a copy of Shadow Kiss (the third and latest in the series) on hold for me!! WOO HOO.

Shadow Kiss is SO good and I cried! Big cliffy at the end!!!! I am so happy theat there is going to be at least 2 more in the series!

and Tao i totally knkow how you feel!!! I have the stupid stomach flu and dont feel like doing anything! I am currently reading a book called Peeps by Scott Westerfeld and I picked it up today and started reading it then likethe second sentence in i started getting drowsy. Every freakin time! I really wanted to keep reading it. so i totally get what you mean!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
Shadow Kiss is SO good and I cried! Big cliffy at the end!!!! I am so happy theat there is going to be at least 2 more in the series!

NOOOOOO I don't want to cry at the end!!!! Now I'm sad!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Vampire Academy Series? I still have to read the House of night series, since I only read the first book, and I stop reading the second one for some odd reason. Are they better than the House Of Night? I really shouldn't be getting myself into series of books, since I have a huge pile in my room of books waiting to be read.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:03 pm

The House of Night series was really really good, and the Vampire academy series is even better! I recommend reading these before House of Night, but if you are bad at waiting, then dont read Vampire Academy for a while because i am so anxious to know what happensinthe 4th book!

and Happy Twilighter, I loved the books even more because of it! Read it and maybe its just me who cries while reading it. I cry when anything that has to do with the Titanic is brought up, so maybe its just me! Read it and tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Ohhh when I read all my books in my waiting to read pile, I will surely go and check these books out (Looking my pile of books, I guess summer of 09 looks like when I done with my books No )
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Tao wrote:
Ohhh when I read all my books in my waiting to read pile, I will surely go and check these books out (Looking my pile of books, I guess summer of 09 looks like when I done with my books No )

well that is possibly a good thing because the next books in each of these series comes out in '09
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:16 pm

I have this bad habit of buying way too much books, and getting way to much books from the library there just so many books I want to read! If only I had the time, and also being healthly can't read well when you are sick, thanks at least someone knows how it feels trying to read when you are sick. I just hope I get this bad cold out of me before winter break, and do some hardcore reading during break Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Yep! i bought so many books with my birthday money and i am just now finshing the third one
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Tao wrote:
Vampire Academy Series? I still have to read the House of night series, since I only read the first book, and I stop reading the second one for some odd reason. Are they better than the House Of Night? I really shouldn't be getting myself into series of books, since I have a huge pile in my room of books waiting to be read.

I own all of the House of Night books, and I can't wait for Hunted to come out in March, but I think I may like the Vampire Academy series better... They're definately all worth reading.

my immediate reading "to do" list looks like this...

Shadow Kiss (third in the Vampire Academy series)

all 7 books in the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton

all 3 books in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz

At Grave's End (third in the Night Huntress Series) by Jeaniene Frost ... I own the first two... love them, love them, love them

then... I'll have to consult my list... yes, I have a very, very long list of series and authors I want to read, lol.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:22 pm

oh yeah the Blue Bloods series! I still have to read it. what did you think?
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
oh yeah the Blue Bloods series! I still have to read it. what did you think?

I'll let you know when I read them, my sister liked them enough to buy them, and since we have almost the exact same taste in books, I'm sure I'll like them too...
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:27 pm

ok well i already bought it, so i think that i am going to pick that one up after I am done with Peeps and City of Ashes.
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Blue Bloods is in my infamous books I need to read pile!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:31 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
ok well i already bought it, so i think that i am going to pick that one up after I am done with Peeps and City of Ashes.

my sister read the Peeps series... she bought all 4 in that series, she liked them a lot...

I haven't read those, but I did read his "Midnighters" series... they were cool...weird, but cool. The end cought me completely out of nowhere. It was sooooo not what I had been expecting.

Tao wrote:
Blue Bloods is in my infamous books I need to read pile!

my sister bought all three in the series, so I'm not in a rush to read them right away...

the problem's gonna come in February when i move... we have all our books mixed together right now so we can all read them, but when we have to start separating, there's gonna be some ugliness, lol

Last edited by Happy Twilighter on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 pm

sorry for the double post... I tried to delete it Embarassed

Last edited by Happy Twilighter on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 pm

City Of Ashes! I love the Mortal Instruments series dearly more than HP, good series. Love Cassandra Clare's writing I love you
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Ok well now i am even more impatient! I need to buy City of Ashes!!!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Tao wrote:
City Of Ashes! I love the Mortal Instruments series dearly more than HP, good series. Love Cassandra Clare's writing I love you

I absolute COULD NOT put them down once I started reading them... I can't wait til March 24th when City of Glass comes out... i even have the countdown clock for it on my myspace page, lol.

Then in fall 2010 we get the first of the Infernal Devices books ... which is the three part prequel series WOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Yeah I got City Of Bones, thinking it was regular YA book, and when I read it I got addicted by it, and the day after I finish City Of Bones, I went to buy City Of Ashes, so I read those two books within four days. But I really want to find Cassandra Clare's old fan fiction, since she wrote a long time ago a fan fiction for HP that was really popular, and now I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading... Book Thread
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next