Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Reading... Book Thread

Go down 
+18
Dazzled_By_Edward
GlitchInMyBrain
multifandomfreak
Resisting the wine
nomadgirl
marci.hearts.edward
VamptasticVeronica
Fandom_United
Jacob_imprintedonme
ladyandthevamp
Sarahlovestwilight
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Tao
TeamSwissCheese
therapycasecullen
MariForEmmett
Happy Twilighter
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 pm

StupidLamb_1981 wrote:
i just bought The Tales of Beedle the Bard....it was a very cutesy book rendeer

That was the last book I bought too! I really liked Dumbledor's commentary Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
StupidLamb_1981
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
StupidLamb_1981

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:01 am

Fandom_United wrote:
StupidLamb_1981 wrote:
i just bought The Tales of Beedle the Bard....it was a very cutesy book rendeer

That was the last book I bought too! I really liked Dumbledor's commentary Smile

yeah...that part was awesome Smile i enjoyed getting a bigger glimpse of the stories
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/butterflyprincess7981
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:41 am

Oh my goodness, so i'm half way through half blood prince and it is not making my wait until next summer easy. I keep imagining how friggen awesome this book is going to be on screen. It's so in depth with Voldemort and just not making him a stereotypical rebel without a cause but a truely tortured soul. From what i've seen in the trailers ("Did I know I just met the darkest wizard of all time? ... No" = EPIC!)

*sigh* I just had to share my excitement because nobody at my work understands. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 am

Jacob_imprintedonme wrote:
Oh my goodness, so i'm half way through half blood prince and it is not making my wait until next summer easy. I keep imagining how friggen awesome this book is going to be on screen. It's so in depth with Voldemort and just not making him a stereotypical rebel without a cause but a truely tortured soul. From what i've seen in the trailers ("Did I know I just met the darkest wizard of all time? ... No" = EPIC!)

*sigh* I just had to share my excitement because nobody at my work understands. haha.

HBP is going to be EPIC! It was my fave book out of the series so I sooo can't wait for next summer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
StupidLamb_1981
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
StupidLamb_1981

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:46 am

so this is just a little update.....i had a very bookish christmas....i got a 7 novel compilation of course by jane austen......and my father sent me money so what did i do? went and bought more books!!! i bought the constant princess by phillippa gregory vilette by charlotte bronte an the count of monte cristo. so yeah....i'll be busy for a while, please let me know if you guys have read these books and what you think about them Smile

Last edited by StupidLamb_1981 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and typos)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/butterflyprincess7981
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:12 pm

StupidLamb_1981 wrote:
so this is just a little update.....i had a very bookish christmas....i got a 7 novel compilation of course by jane austen......and my father sent me money so what did i do? went and bought more books!!! i bought the constant princess by phillippa gregory vilette by charlotte bronte an the count of monte cristo. so yeah....i'll be busy for a while, please let me know if you guys have read these books and what you think about them Smile

I've had a yearning to go to Powells and buy more books but I have to finish the ones I have yet to read. They include

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" JK Rowling
"An Abundance of Katherines" John Green
"Marked (A House of Night Series)" PC Cast
"Shoppaholic and Baby" Sophie Kinsella

and not to mention we're going to be re-starting New Moon in January. Lots and lots of reading before I'm allowing myself to buy another book.
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:03 pm

I just finish reading this book called "To catch a pirate" which is a story of a girl falling in love with a pirate cute easy read. I taking a break in reading or maybe I stall my reading because my mom gave me for chirstmas the game Pokemon Diamond, it is the most addicted thing I ever own in my life! What sucks is that I don't own my own DS I have to borrow from my sister. So I read a little bit during the time my sister use her DS. I going to start reading the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I think that now reading is going to slow down alot cause of this new addiction I found.
Back to top Go down
marci.hearts.edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
marci.hearts.edward

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:17 am

the last book i read was "Paper Towns" by John Green

i loved it... especially the whole homage to wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
nomadgirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
nomadgirl

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 am

For those of you who have read Vampire Diaries, there's a trilogy that begins on Febuary 10 (I think) that is called Vampire Diaries: Revisited: Nightfall. It's a trilogy that is completely and totally about Damon (who reminds me a lot of Jasper, IDK why)!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightnomads.com
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:44 am

I am going to start to read a Certain Slant of Light. It was recommended to me by this girls who works at borders and she is in charge of the Young Adult section and all of her picks are awesome so if you can check it out!
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:45 am

nomadgirl wrote:
For those of you who have read Vampire Diaries, there's a trilogy that begins on Febuary 10 (I think) that is called Vampire Diaries: Revisited: Nightfall. It's a trilogy that is completely and totally about Damon (who reminds me a lot of Jasper, IDK why)!!!!!!

Wait is it by L.J Smith?
Back to top Go down
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 pm

I’m just coming off my Twilight high. I’ve finally started reading non-Twilight stuff again, but just as Edward as ruined me for all mortals (j/k) Twilight has sort of ruined me for other books. Wink
I just read Thirty Nothing by Lisa Jewell, which I’ve been reading every year or two for the last eight years and I just read it and thought “why did I like, this?” I’m sure I’ll read it again in a year or two and like it, but … twilight has spoiled me.
I am in the middle of Rosie Dunne by Cecelia Ahern. I’m having to take a frustration break as another tragedy has befallen the main couple.

What did you guys read right after reading Twilight? Did you have any 'rebound' books? Smile
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:46 pm

not rebound books per se, cause i've been stuck in "paranormal" ever since, but i've read lots and lots... go back to the first post on this thread for a rundown, lol...

right now i'm on a mission to convince every person within the sound of my voice (or my keyboard) to read City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Everyone will love them and then I'll have company in my misery waiting for the third book in the series to come out in March... so far i'm at 2, and a third one bought them today, lol... you should join our little club, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 am

Happy Twilighter wrote:
not rebound books per se, cause i've been stuck in "paranormal" ever since, but i've read lots and lots... go back to the first post on this thread for a rundown, lol...

right now i'm on a mission to convince every person within the sound of my voice (or my keyboard) to read City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Everyone will love them and then I'll have company in my misery waiting for the third book in the series to come out in March... so far i'm at 2, and a third one bought them today, lol... you should join our little club, lol.

City of Bones rocked! I am waiting for number two to arrive at borders so i can pick it up... any day now!
Back to top Go down
nomadgirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
nomadgirl

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:58 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
nomadgirl wrote:

Wait is it by L.J Smith?

Yah, it's by L.J. Smith. Right now, while I wait for it, I'm reading Morganville Vampires. It's actually not a bad series, though there a cliffhanger endings for most of the books. The fifth one comes out tomorrow! Yay! LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightnomads.com
multifandomfreak
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
multifandomfreak

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Right now, I am reading:
'The Mysterious Bnedict Society' by Trenton Lee Stewart
'The Host' by our own Stephenie Meyer (I still haven't finished it Embarassed affraid )

And I WANT to read 'The Golden Compass'

That is all.

Last edited by multifandomfreak on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/thenextCULLEN
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:22 pm

multifandomfreak wrote:
Right now, I am reading:
'The Mysterious Bnedict Society' by Trenton Lee Stweart
'The Host' by our own Stephenie Meyer (I still haven't finished it Embarassed affraid )

That is all.

I just read His Dark Materials Trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass) and I thought it was really good but if you are an extremely strong Christian, just giving you warning that the books might offend you.
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 am

I have been reading a lot of classics lately and they have all been really great.

I just finished Hamlet by Shakespeare, The Pearl by John Steinbeck and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Gatsby is one of my favorite books now. I really encourage reading it.

Currently I am reading Emma by Jane Austen, Romeo and Juliet and Richard III by Shakespeare and I'm starting to reread one of my favorite series The Lord of the Rings.

Not to mention one of the best fanfics in the world The Puppet Master. I'm so happy I finally got around to it because it's amazing. I'm reacting to the characters just like I do in Twilight and I am really starting to be a fan of Paul now. Strange what looking through another person's perspective can do to you.

I plan on reading many books, I have many waiting for me on the shelves gathering dust, but the ones I'm looking really forward to are Vanity Fair and Gone with the Wind.

BTW I love the Buttfaced Miscreant icon in multifandomfreak's signature. It takes me back.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 am

I just finished reading The Host (again)

Now I'm going through all of Lois Lowry's books because The Giver was so AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I have a list of every book I have read since January 1st 2009 (As of June 17th - 70 books) and I will list some of my favorites....

- Harry Potter (I have read some of them twice this year, and am currently working on UK editions)
- Twilight (All of them have been read at least twice)
- Cut (Really good book on depression and cutting)
- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (If you have not read them, check them out. Even Stephenie recommended them!)
- Generation Dead (The second one, Kiss of Life, is on my list. An okay read, not the best.)
- Just One Wish (A great read for this summer. It is a cute love story with a sad ending. It made me cry!)
- Undone (Another sad tale about losing a loved one, but overall a quite good plot and the story is pretty fast paced which is awesome)
- The Blue Bloods saga(Really good, Blue Bloods is a bit boring at first, but once you get into them, they are wonderful. I am impatiently awaiting the release of The Van Allen Legacy October 6th!)
- The House of Night novels (Not a huge fan, I just want to know the ending)
- The Mortal Instruments Trilogy (Pure gold, a must read for any fantasy fan! Even if you are not one, I am sure you will fall in love with the new Edward Cullen, Jace Lightwood.)
- Just Listen (A Sarah Dessen book, so they are always good.)
- This Lullaby (Another SD, kind of slow paced in some parts, but not bad)
- Paper Towns (Slightly odd story about growing up and being found, but I thought it was okay. I am not reading it again though.)
- Vampire Academy (Yep, I am continuing this series shortly.)
- Speak (An incredible novel of pain and depression with a movie as well. I hope K-Stew is alright in this one. [I have not seen the film yet but Kristen is the leading lady])
- That Was Then, This Is Now (A sort of continuation of The Outsiders with a new cast of characters. The Curtis' are mentioned briefly and it is a pretty good coming of age story.)
- Romeo and Juliet (I have only read half, I got side-tracked by HP but plan on continuing soon)
- Pride and Prejudice (Same with Romeo and Juliet, but it is really good!)

I read a lot more, but these are some of my favorites. My list of books to read are....

- Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampire series, I hear they are great)
- 13 Reasons Why
- My Sister's Keeper
- The Alchemyst
- Wuthering Heights
- A Separate Peace
- The Awakening
- Stargazer
- The Host (I know, I have not read it yet)
- Wintergirls
- Wicked Lovely
- Jane Eyre
- The Hobbit
- An Abundance of Katherines
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:07 pm

QuoteGirl wrote:
I have a list of every book I have read since January 1st 2009 (As of June 17th - 70 books) and I will list some of my favorites....

- Harry Potter (I have read some of them twice this year, and am currently working on UK editions)
- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (If you have not read them, check them out. Even Stephenie recommended them!)
- Generation Dead (The second one, Kiss of Life, is on my list. An okay read, not the best.)
- Just One Wish (A great read for this summer. It is a cute love story with a sad ending. It made me cry!)
- Undone (Another sad tale about losing a loved one, but overall a quite good plot and the story is pretty fast paced which is awesome)
- The Blue Bloods saga(Really good, Blue Bloods is a bit boring at first, but once you get into them, they are wonderful. I am impatiently awaiting the release of The Van Allen Legacy October 6th!)
- The Mortal Instruments Trilogy (Pure gold, a must read for any fantasy fan! Even if you are not one, I am sure you will fall in love with the new Edward Cullen, Jace Lightwood.)
- Paper Towns (Slightly odd story about growing up and being found, but I thought it was okay. I am not reading it again though.)
- Speak (An incredible novel of pain and depression with a movie as well. I hope K-Stew is alright in this one. [I have not seen the film yet but Kristen is the leading lady])
- That Was Then, This Is Now (A sort of continuation of The Outsiders with a new cast of characters. The Curtis' are mentioned briefly and it is a pretty good coming of age story.)
- Romeo and Juliet (I have only read half, I got side-tracked by HP but plan on continuing soon)

I read a lot more, but these are some of my favorites. My list of books to read are....

- 13 Reasons Why
- My Sister's Keeper
- The Alchemyst
- Wuthering Heights
- A Separate Peace
- The Awakening
- Stargazer
- Wintergirls
- Wicked Lovely
- Jane Eyre
- The Hobbit

Those books are all AMAZING!! I love Jane Eyre and An Abundance of Katherines!! And Pride and Prejudice!! AAAAAH!! Fangirl time!! xD

I have a list of books I've read this year but not with me. Right now I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld because one of my friends basically forced it upon me. coughNOELLEcough
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
multifandomfreak
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
multifandomfreak

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:26 pm

DanaBug wrote:
QuoteGirl wrote:

- 13 Reasons Why
- My Sister's Keeper
- The Alchemyst
- Wuthering Heights
- A Separate Peace
- The Awakening
- Stargazer
- Wintergirls
- Wicked Lovely
- Jane Eyre
- The Hobbit

Those books are all AMAZING!! I love Jane Eyre and An Abundance of Katherines!! And Pride and Prejudice!! AAAAAH!! Fangirl time!! xD

I have a list of books I've read this year but not with me. Right now I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld because one of my friends basically forced it upon me. coughNOELLEcough

Hey! I did no-- Well, yeah. OK.
Back to top Go down
multifandomfreak
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
multifandomfreak

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm

GlitchInMyBrain wrote:
multifandomfreak wrote:
Right now, I am reading:
'The Mysterious Bnedict Society' by Trenton Lee Stweart

That is all.

I just read His Dark Materials Trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass) and I thought it was really good but if you are an extremely strong Christian, just giving you warning that the books might offend you.

I am not religious, and I kind of know the themes... Thank you, though! I'm on a hunt for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

I just starting reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Right now there is not much zombie action, but I'm hoping for more. Laughing And I just bought Abundance of Katherines so I can finally understand what Nicole is talking about all the time!
Plus, I still have to read the Host. ( This is the part where you yell WHAT?) I know . . . I know. . .
I bought it a long long time ago, but I haven't read it yet.

Uh. . . So many books . . . So little time. Wink
Back to top Go down
multifandomfreak
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
multifandomfreak

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:37 pm

kpattz87 wrote:
I just starting reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
Right now there is not much zombie action, but I'm hoping for more. Laughing And I just bought Abundance of Katherines so I can finally understand what Nicole is talking about all the time!
Plus, I still have to read the Host. ( This is the part where you yell WHAT?) I know . . . I know. . .
I bought it a long long time ago, but I haven't read it yet.

Uh. . . So many books . . . So little time. Wink

Ooooooh, An Abundance of Katherines is for the win!
Don't worry, I haven't finished The Host either! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading... Book Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next