Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Reading... Book Thread

Go down 
+18
Dazzled_By_Edward
GlitchInMyBrain
multifandomfreak
Resisting the wine
nomadgirl
marci.hearts.edward
VamptasticVeronica
Fandom_United
Jacob_imprintedonme
ladyandthevamp
Sarahlovestwilight
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Tao
TeamSwissCheese
therapycasecullen
MariForEmmett
Happy Twilighter
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-12-10

What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 pm

I just got done reading No.2 Of Night World
Looovvvveeeddd it. To death.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:53 pm

DazzledDaily wrote:

My sister read the first of those and didn't care for it too much, was the second set of stories better than the first? I wasn't going to bother with them based on her reaction to the first book (we have almost exactly the same taste in books.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
DazzledDaily wrote:

My sister read the first of those and didn't care for it too much, was the second set of stories better than the first? I wasn't going to bother with them based on her reaction to the first book (we have almost exactly the same taste in books.)
Did she read Secret Vampire? Thats the first one, personally one of my faves, but some of them are slow. Most of them are really great I think so. A lot of my friends thought the first one was a lot like Twilight (hmm...lol). Theres a few vampire stories, but to me most of them seem like witch stories.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Well.. she bought it, and read all 3 (i think) stories in it. It's still here on the bookshelf... maybe I'll give it a shot. We know better than to compare anything to Twilight, lol. And we like all kinds of paranormal books, not just vampires... although I'm reading Frostbite right now, and she's reading Untamed, lol.
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:04 pm

I read about half way through Untamed and Im really dissapointed in it. I hope when the next one comes out it'll be better, but of course I can't fully judge it untill I finish it =]

Night World is nothing compared to Twilight , but it was a cute read while we all wait for the next movie xD.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 pm

DazzledDaily wrote:
I read about half way through Untamed and Im really dissapointed in it. I hope when the next one comes out it'll be better, but of course I can't fully judge it untill I finish it =]

I've read (and own) all 4 of those so far. I really liked them all. They're a lot of fluff in parts, and they're all fairly juvenile, but they're written more like a high school book, and it fits cause that's what they are, highschoolers. I think they're fun. Hopefully you'll be happier with Untamed by the time it's over. I can't wait for Hunted in March!!

You should read City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare when you're done with those. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! But be careful, when you're done with them, you'll be all jonzin' for City of Glass like we are, and it's not coming out til March, either, lol.
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
DazzledDaily wrote:

I've read (and own) all 4 of those so far. I really liked them all. They're a lot of fluff in parts, and they're all fairly juvenile, but they're written more like a high school book, and it fits cause that's what they are, highschoolers. I think they're fun. Hopefully you'll be happier with Untamed by the time it's over. I can't wait for Hunted in March!!

You should read City of Bones and City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare when you're done with those. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! But be careful, when you're done with them, you'll be all jonzin' for City of Glass like we are, and it's not coming out til March, either, lol.
Yeah I own them all too and I was realy angered at the end of the 3rd book. cyclops Probably the reason I love the house of night series so much is because im still in Highschool =]. Damn teenaged years! lol.

I should read them! Ive been dying to get my hands onto a copy. My local library always has them checked out and I can never find the money to buy the first book.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:31 pm

DazzledDaily wrote:
I should read them! Ive been dying to get my hands onto a copy. My local library always has them checked out and I can never find the money to buy the first book.

It took us soooo long to get those books... our local library only has the second book, so we actually started going to another library that's in the next county to look for books, lol. (That one book is not all our pitiful local library was lacking :-( ) So we finally found it, and the second one. Then my sister bought them both (they're on my Christmas list... i'm crossing my fingers I was good enough this year, lol).

They're absolutely worth buying... try ebay or something, maybe you can find them for less that way??
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
DazzledDaily wrote:

It took us soooo long to get those books... our local library only has the second book, so we actually started going to another library that's in the next county to look for books, lol. (That one book is not all our pitiful local library was lacking :-( ) So we finally found it, and the second one. Then my sister bought them both (they're on my Christmas list... i'm crossing my fingers I was good enough this year, lol).

They're absolutely worth buying... try ebay or something, maybe you can find them for less that way??
I'll try to get them from Ebay. My mom's pretty paranoid in the sense of hackers getting her credit card # or identity theft. Mad
Razz I'll sneak the books onto my moms shopping list for me for christmas haha. JK.
I did see the books at borders and I begged and begged my parents to atleast buy me the first one. 'No its to expsensive' and 'I doubt you can really read that big a book' Evil or Very Mad The covers are really pretty though I love you
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:41 pm

DazzledDaily wrote:
The covers are really pretty though I love you

Yeah, the desktop on my sister's personal computer is the cover of City of Bones... the artist for those is really spectacular. The cover for City of Glass is just as nice.
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
DazzledDaily wrote:
The covers are really pretty though I love you

Yeah, the desktop on my sister's personal computer is the cover of City of Bones... the artist for those is really spectacular. The cover for City of Glass is just as nice.
Very magical flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:45 pm

(What is with quoting sooo much!)
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
Its a quoting party Cool
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:

just to be clear... What a Face

that's funny Whitney... we both did it at the same time, lol

Last edited by Happy Twilighter on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm

oh well no one told me
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:49 pm

I don't think you were online Sad
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 pm

I read 20 pages of 2666 which is a big book, and I have to say I couldn't put this book down, that my parents have to rip me apart of the book since we were going to eat dinner outside. During dinner I was thinking and talking about the book to my parents. I can see why Robert Pattinson like this book... it's very interesting, and it's not really a book for everyone, but this book seem to be my taste of a good book.
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 pm

StupidLamb_1981 wrote:
I am a BIG Jane Austen fan trying to make my way through her whole collection. So I am currently reading Mansfield Park (love it so far!) and A Time to Kill by Harper Lee. That one was a really great story. Anyways, I am also a big fan of Phillippe Gregory (The Other Bolyn Girl). So that is my recent reading list. Also, if anyone has read the book "Guilty Pleasures" by Laurel K. Hamilton please let me know how it is. I plan on starting a book review podcast, so I am open to any suggestions for books that I should read and review confused
Tell me when you have your podcast up, since I looking for a good podcast that does good book reviews
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 pm

If you want to stick with the Vampire/ Sci-Fi Fantasy Genre you have to read:

1) Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. To me it sounded cliche but it really wasn't. At all...

2)The House of Night Series by P.c. and Kristen cast. OMG these books are good. I own them and have read them several times.

3)The City of Bones Series by Cassandra Clare . I just finished the first one and I loved it.

4) Blue is For Nightmares Series by Lorie Stolarz. This book was recommended to me by my Librarian. I told he that i loved Twilight and she told me that I have got to read this series.

5) The Vampire Diaries Series by J.L. Smith. Very well written and very enjoyable.

Here is a good site for vampire books:
http://www.lovevampires.com/index.htm

they have reviews and everything!
Back to top Go down
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:32 am

I am still reading OoTP, it's taking me nine years to get through it! lol! Whenever I read it, I always get really tired and end up falling asleep mid-sentence. I am very close to finishing it, I'm right at where they all arrive at the ministry to find Sirius
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 am

Jacob_imprintedonme wrote:
I am still reading OoTP, it's taking me nine years to get through it! lol! Whenever I read it, I always get really tired and end up falling asleep mid-sentence. I am very close to finishing it, I'm right at where they all arrive at the ministry to find Sirius

i find that very hard to believe... that just sounds wrong coming from you!! lol
Back to top Go down
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:50 am

I know, it's so strange. It happens when it takes me forever and a day when I read a book, I sort of lose interest in reading it (HP or not)

But I AM going to finish it
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 am

i attempted to finish the series but i got kind of bored with them after book 4. I love the movies though! are the rest of them just as good?
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

ladyandthevamp wrote:
i attempted to finish the series but i got kind of bored with them after book 4. I love the movies though! are the rest of them just as good?

OOOHHHH MMMMYYYY GGGGOOOODDDNNNEEESSSSSSSS.

Yes the rest of them are awesome! They get a little darker, and more intense, because the perverbial sh!t its hitting the fan with Voldemort among other things. Plus the kids are all getting older, so things they do, and things that happen to them are more involved than things from the first few books.

They're absolutely worth reading, at least once through, but I'd suggest a couple times. I know I noticed that I missed a few of the little things when I read them the first time through.

Go. Read them now! hahaha
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:36 am

umm ok! will do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading... Book Thread
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next