Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Reading... Book Thread

Go down 
+18
Dazzled_By_Edward
GlitchInMyBrain
multifandomfreak
Resisting the wine
nomadgirl
marci.hearts.edward
VamptasticVeronica
Fandom_United
Jacob_imprintedonme
ladyandthevamp
Sarahlovestwilight
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Tao
TeamSwissCheese
therapycasecullen
MariForEmmett
Happy Twilighter
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

What Are You Reading... Book Thread Empty
PostSubject: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 am

Books I've Read Since June:

The Twilight Saga ("Twilight", "New Moon", "Eclipse", "Breaking Dawn") -- by Stephenie Meyer - LOVED THEM, DUH!!!!
-- waiting for "Midnight Sun"... yeah, I know, but a girl can hope.

The House Of Night Series ("Marked", "Betrayed", "Chosen", "Untamed") - P.C. & Kristen Cast -- really good, not as good as "Twilight", more juvenile, but still a fun read.
-- waiting for "Hunted" won't be out until March

The Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series ("Guilty Pleasures", "The Laughing Corpse", "Circus Of The Damned", "The Lunatic Cafe", "Bloody Bones", "The Killing Dance", "Burnt Offerings", "Blue Moon", "Obsidian Butterfly", "Narcissus In Chains", "Cerulean Sins", "Incubus Dreams", "Micah", "Dance Macabre", "Harlequin", "Blood Noir") - by Laurell K Hamilton -- I LOVE THEM!!! They're adult reading, so there's violence, language and sexual references and situations. But they're sooooo good.
-- waiting for "Skin Trade" due out in 2009 -- and I'm sure there'll be more at some point... goodie, goodie, lol

The Midnighters Series ("The Secret Hour", "Touching Darkness", "Blue Noon") - by Scott Westerfeld -- a little different, not vampires, but full of otherworldly creatures... a little technical, but they were cool

"Aurelia" - by Anne Osterlund -- nice little story about a young aristocratic witch and her adventures... not exactly riveting reading, but it was fun

"Bewitching Season" - by Marissa Doyle -- another story about young witches, this time twins on the verge of their first "season" in london ... again, not exactly Pulitzer Prize winning, but lots of fun

The Mortal Instruments ("City Of Bones", "City Of Ashes") - by Cassandra Claire -- these books are SO FREAKIN GOOD!!! I loved them. I don't like all the storylines (anyone who's read them knows EXACTLY which storyline I'd want changed, lol) but I'm determined that the situation in question will be resolved in the 3rd book.
-- waiting for "City Of Glass" in March -- and The Infernal Devices (series of prequels) due to start releasing in the fall of 2010

The Vampire Academy Series ("The Vampire Academy", "Frostbite", "Shadow Kiss") - by Richelle Mead -- Just recently finished reading all these, and LOVED them. The second and third books are much more interesting than the first one, but it was good too. I wanted to cry at the end of Shadow Kiss because the cliffhanger 'bout kilt me.
-- currently waiting for the 4th book coming August 2009

The Night Huntress Series ("Halfway To The Grave", "One Foot In The Grave") - by Jeanienne Frost -- Not quite as hard core as Laurell K stuff, but really good action and great relationship stuff. I bought both of these.
-- waiting for "At Grave's End" on December 30th

The Southern Vampire Series aka The Sookie Stackhouse Series ("Dead Until Dark", "Living Dead In Dallas", "Club Dead", "Dead To The World", "Dead As A Doornail", "Definately Dead", "All Together Dead", "From Dead To Worse") - by Charlaine Harris -- these are the books the HBO show True Blood is based on, and they're soooooo much better than the show. They're funny, wih action and really great storylines. You're gonna love these characters!
-- waiting for "Dead And Gone" in 2009

Books I Still Want To Read:

The Merry Gentry Series ("A Kiss Of Shadows", "A Caress Of Twilight", "Seduced By Moonlight", "A Stroke Of Midnight", "Mistral's Kiss", "A Lick Of Frost", "Swallowing Darkness") - by Laurell K Hamilton -- I so love Laurell K... she's a little demented, sure, but she's fun. I can't wait to read these!

The Blue Bloods Series ("Blue Bloods", "Masquerade", "Revelations") - by Melissa De La Cruz -- my sister liked these enough to buy them, that's a really good sign

Ok, that's all i'm gonna list for now... I have lists and lists of others... as I work my way through, i'll update :-).... I started to read The Warrior Series ("The Warrior Heir", "The Wizard Heir", "The Dragon Heir") by Cinda Williams Chima, but I just wasn't in the mood for it. I may go back to it once I finish with the rest of my looooonnnnnng list of things to read, lol.

Let me know if you read any of these, and what you think :-)

Last edited by Happy Twilighter on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : finished Vampire Academy Series - LOVED THEM!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
MariForEmmett
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
MariForEmmett

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:03 am

I am currently reading the following...

-Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
-Eclipse
-The Chronicles of Narnia
-Emma
-The Kite Runner
-Skeletons at the Feast
-Suite Francaise
-The Boleyn Inheritance
-Lord of the Rings
-The Count of Monte Cristo

There are others, but I can't remember them currently because I have them stashed around different places.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/silent_song47
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:08 am

holy cow!! i can only read one book at a time. if i try to read more than that, i get them all mixed up haha (i guess cause i'm only reading vampire / paranormal stuff right now)
Back to top Go down
MariForEmmett
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
MariForEmmett

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 am

See I like to have different stuff because then if I'm not in the mood for one genre I'll read something else. It's weird if I read a little bit then the whole storyline comes back to me and I remember =D I am forever reading a million things at once.

Right now my traveling/purse book is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince that's my main one at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 am

not me, i have to focus, lol, but then i dont' usually put them down... when i have time to read, i usually read the whole book, or the majority of it at least... it's much easier for me that way

i'm the same way with fanfiction... i don't like to read stories that aren't done yet, cause I hate to wait for the end of the story, lol
Back to top Go down
MariForEmmett
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
MariForEmmett

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am

See I wish I would focus on one rofl.
Back to top Go down
therapycasecullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
therapycasecullen

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: books im reading   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm

i have a lot of school work so im focusing on light reads
-the tales of Beedle the Bard by JKR
-Running Out Of Time, Margaret Peterson haddix
for school i had to read Johnny Tremain, Esther Forbes
and i really want to read the new suzanne collins book, the huger games or something lke that.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 pm

therapycasecullen wrote:

and i really want to read the new suzanne collins book, the huger games or something lke that.

that's the one Stephenie suggested a while back... let me know how it is :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey i have got a question for you!
Is Stephanie writing anything else??? Or is she going to?
I am dying to know!!!!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
I am dying to know!!!!

last I heard, she had an outline for the second book in the "Host" series, and she had some ideas for a mermaid book and something else that I can't remember. And of course, Midnight Sun hovering in the background of everyone's mind. I have a feeling we'll see the "Host" sequel and maybe a few more misc books from her before she even thinks about working on Midnight Sun again. But that's ok, I'm not going anywhere, lol.

Last edited by Happy Twilighter on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 pm

OME! New Host!!!! WOOHOO! haha sorry i love the host.... I am freaking out!!!! NEW STORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! lol!
Back to top Go down
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:53 pm

A HOST SEQUEL?!?!??! OMMMMMMMG i didnt know about that at all!!!! AHHH thank you for that news!!! that makes me so excited!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 pm

I spend almost $80 on books today on amazon, but I am not spending a penny, since I am ordering books as my christmas gift here is what I brought!
1 of: To Catch A Pirate
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 of: Sookie Stackhouse Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)(Which have seven books)
1 of: His Dark Materials Trilogy (The Golden Compass; The Subtle Knife; The Amber Spyglass)(Three books)
1 of: A Countess Below Stairs
1 of: The Chronicles of Narnia(which is really a big book, but it's like seven books in one large booK)

Total is ???? 19 novels! but in physical books it be like 12 books.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Tao wrote:

1 of: Sookie Stackhouse Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)(Which have seven books)

double check your books, hun... there should be 8 in that series

and that is one awesome Christmas present, lol
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
Tao wrote:

double check your books, hun... there should be 8 in that series

and that is one awesome Christmas present, lol
It just onl got paperbacks of series, since the eight book is still in hardcover
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:15 pm

ahhh, gotcha

that bites, lol

i just finished reading those about 2 weeks or so ago, LOVED them
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
ahhh, gotcha

that bites, lol

i just finished reading those about 2 weeks or so ago, LOVED them
Yeah I Planning to read those books during winter break, and also tomorrow going to get a book I reserve from the library and it's called "2666" which is the book that Rob was reading during his travel to the oversea countries. Right now I am reading "And then there were none" by Agatha Christie, which I think it's one of the best mystery books I ever read.
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
I am dying to know!!!!

last I heard, she had an outline for the second book in the "Host" series, and she had some ideas for a mermaid book and something else that I can't remember. And of course, Midnight Sun hovering in the background of everyone's mind. I have a feeling we'll see the "Host" sequel and maybe a few more misc books from her before she even thinks about working on Midnight Sun again. But that's ok, I'm not going anywhere, lol.
Yay! A sequel to Host im glad to hear that. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:46 pm

I am freaking out!!!! The HOST 2!!!! WOOHOO!!!! i am going to watch Stephanies site until it says so!!!!! bounce bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Happy Twilighter wrote:
Right now I am reading "And then there were none" by Agatha Christie, which I think it's one of the best mystery books I ever read.

omggg i'm getting that book this weekend!!! my friend was constitently reading it and insisting that i read it lol so im really excited to get it!!
Back to top Go down
StupidLamb_1981
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
StupidLamb_1981

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: What I have read recently   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 pm

I am a BIG Jane Austen fan trying to make my way through her whole collection. So I am currently reading Mansfield Park (love it so far!) and A Time to Kill by Harper Lee. That one was a really great story. Anyways, I am also a big fan of Phillippe Gregory (The Other Bolyn Girl). So that is my recent reading list. Also, if anyone has read the book "Guilty Pleasures" by Laurel K. Hamilton please let me know how it is. I plan on starting a book review podcast, so I am open to any suggestions for books that I should read and review confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/butterflyprincess7981
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:05 pm

StupidLamb_1981 wrote:
I am a BIG Jane Austen fan trying to make my way through her whole collection. So I am currently reading Mansfield Park (love it so far!) Also, if anyone has read the book "Guilty Pleasures" by Laurel K. Hamilton please let me know how it is. confused

I Love Love Love Jane Austen... and Mansfield Park is my favorite of the six complete novels. (I still haven't read Sanditon or the letters, although I have them all.)

I've read the entire Anita Blake series (what's available to this point) and they're freakin awesome... but... they're harsh in some places and are definately NOT young adult material. In fact the later books are very adult, both in the action and the sexual situations. Check out the first post of this thread for my list of what I've read recently and a little about what I thought... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:44 pm

OMG! i just recently went wild in my librarys newberry award section.
My great finds:

The Giver-THIS BOOK IS GENIUS! i don't want to spoil, but i totally cried when they released the twin. it is a big deal and rare accurance when a book provoks emotion from me. this deffinatly one of my favorites.

A Wrinkle in Time-very awesome, though a little hard to follow at times.

Bridge to Terabithia-i love reading thease kinds of books; they just never get old.

i'm also re-reading HP Dethly Hallows. since i've already read it, i keep shouting at the characters "Don't do it!" they never take my advice...
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Since my books that I order from amazon I won't be able to get my hands on them until Christmas, so I just finish reading Seeing Redd which is a sequel to The Looking Glass Wars which a twist on the Alice In Wonderland story by Lewis Caroll. Right now I starting to read 2666, also I got more books from my library I got two Agatha Christie novels, a books by Alice Sebold, got a vamapire book called Bloodline. Also yesterday after watching the bbc verison of it I brought Jane Eyre!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Tao wrote:
Also yesterday after watching the bbc verison of it I brought Jane Eyre!

If you like Jane Eyre, you'll have to find Wide Sargasso Sea, it's the prequel. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading... Book Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next