Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out) Empty
PostSubject: kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)   kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:38 am

Let me start by making this perfectly clear : I'm not saying ANY of this because I have a problem with kstew. I like very few actors/actresses AT ALL.
Rob is only one of about five or six I enjoy so this isn't personal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that pictures are surfacing of kstew in costume I decided I might as well bring it up.
I'm not...confident, for lack of a better term, that this is going to go well. Not because I don't think kstew wants it, god only knows she craves this sort of thing, but because I honestly feel like Joan jett is one of those people that NO ONE could EVER capture in essence. I just don't think it's possible. I'm aware that Joan has given her blessing but personally, I can't picture it.

Joan is untouchable. Simple as that.
I'm not even a groupie-mega fan of her work but I enjoy her music and I greatly respect what she's done. I've watched interviews and seen her lifestyle. Heck, I was raised in the rock world.
I just cant see anyone as Joan. It's like someone trying to be Elvis. NO THANKS!
Dakota being in the movie doesn't help much either.
I get the whole "breaking out of my childhood image" thing, but no.

Fantasy vampire with good CGI is one thing, portraying the reality of Rock is TOTALLY different.
To be blunt, she would be eaten alive.

Yes that's just my opinion, give me yours.
Cool

Last edited by Folklorn on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)   kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Yeah, i really don't know what to think about this whole thing.
I agree with you on how Joan is pretty "untouchable".... so... ah!
*crosses fingers kstew does okay!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025

PostSubject: Re: kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)   kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:35 pm

ohmyedward wrote:
Yeah, i really don't know what to think about this whole thing.
I agree with you on how Joan is pretty "untouchable".... so... ah!
*crosses fingers kstew does okay!*
I think maybe this will turn out to be a good way to introduce a new generation to her music and there's always a chance kstew will rock it. Again, my only reservation is that she HAS to tap into pure emotion and not have ANY reservations about falling to pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)   kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kstew = Joan Jett ? (hear me out)
Page 1 of 1