Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

harry potter vs twilight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scottishtwilightfan
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
scottishtwilightfan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-01

harry potter vs twilight Empty
PostSubject: harry potter vs twilight   harry potter vs twilight Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 pm

so twilight and harry potter are often compared but nobody seems to have came to a conclusion about which is a better book series. so which is.....

- better written?
- more succesful?
- more addictive?
- better as a movie?
- which movie did more justice to the books?
- which lot of fans are more passionate?
- and ultimatley which has the overall bigger franchise? harry potter vs twilight Icon_question
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

harry potter vs twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: harry potter vs twilight   harry potter vs twilight Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:07 pm

I cannot see why people would compare Twilight and Harry
Potter, they are completely different stories and genres and have different
followers. All in all, they have a few similarities (the cast members for one),
but the essential core to each series is totally different. It is like
comparing apples to kiwis. They are both fruits, but that's their main
similarity.
Best Written:
Twilight, most definitely. Stephenie Meyer has a way with words that makes it seem natural and poetic. While JK Rowling's can seem mundane if only looking at the text compared to the bigger picture.
More Successful: That is a hard one, because they are each successful in their own rights. JKR really got people, especially children, interested in reading. Harry Potter was the first "big book" I read when I was about six. SM has brought back the vampire culture, and the success of the young adult world and genre. I think they are tied.
More Addictive: As I earlier stated, I read Harry Potter when I was a very young girl. I did not become crazy until about two years ago (before Deathly Hallows) and it really hit around this time last year weird enough. Twilight I fell in love with instantly, but that was probably due to the hype I felt those final few weeks before Breaking Dawn. (I read Twilight in late June 2008). Currently, I am more addicted to Harry Potter, since the HBP DVD came out and that the exhibit is in driving range, but I figure I will be back in the Twilight mood around June. So, it changes.
Better As A Movie: Hands down, Harry Potter. The movies are tasteful and have extremely talented actors, and it is always a pleasure to watch. Twilight's choppy moves and silly costume/special effects/script choices make it hard to stomach, while Harry Potter flows magically. Harry Potter has always been my favorite movies (HBP and PoA especially) and I can never get enough of them. I do not even think I have seen Twilight five times. New Moon on the
other hand was great, but it still lacked the essential energy and excitement that comes with a Harry Potter film, even though I have seen each of that lot over twenty times.
More Justice To The Books: Again, a hard one. I saw the Harry Potter movies shortly after reading the books and at a young age, so that has always stuck in my head. Dan Radcliffe truly is Harry, while Kristen Stewart will never be Bella for me. I think that Twilight took some interesting turns, for the worse, but still stayed close to cannon. New Moon was right on almost the entire time, and I loved that. Save HBP, the movies contained mostly relevant info and never left out anything to big. I disliked HBP for the fact they added in ridiculous extras and excluded crucial scenes, but overall I loved it. More justice? It's a tie.
More Passionate Fans: Harry Potter again. Most of us
have grown up with the books, and for many, our lives are shaped around it. I am undoubtedly the person I am today because I love Harry Potter so much. Twilight is still a new thing, and most of the fans have sprung up in the past year or so. Harry Potter can be seen kind of as a lifestyle (Look at Melissa Anelli, Emerson Spartz, John Granger, Alex Carpenter, Lauren Fairweather and all the rest of
the wizard rockers and web masters and authors and actors and movie personnel and store owners…) while Twilight is just a fun fad. Yes it has many passionate fans, but Harry Potter nerds are truly die hard.
Bigger Franchise:
Once again, Harry Potter. I think that it is Hollywood's longest and biggest franchise, has the most fans (who has not heard of Harry Potter?) has made ridiculous amounts of money and still continues to. They are opening up a theme park for crying out loud! I feel kind of weepy knowing that it's ending soon, but Twilight is just beginning. Yes, it broke all of HBP's records, and it earned a surprising amount in the box office, but Harry Potter has done better overall.

As you can see, I am a passionate Twilighter and Harry Potter fan, but Harry Potter will always be top in my heart.
Back to top Go down

harry potter vs twilight
Page 1 of 1