Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed

Go down 
+3
Sarahlovestwilight
DanaBug
nomadgirl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nomadgirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
nomadgirl

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-12-10

New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Empty
PostSubject: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 pm

MTV has posted information about New Moon that you can find here.

Make your own decision, but my personal opinion is EPIC FAIL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightnomads.com

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 pm

AGREED!!!

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG EPIC FAIL!!!
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:57 pm

GAH!!! TWILIGHT IS NOT A SAGA!!!! IT IS NOT:
"A long story of heroic achievement, esp. a medieval prose narrative in Old Norse or Old Iceland"

URGH!! Sorry, freakout over. I like the little moon, but other than that, they didn't really think that far out of the box, did they?

Oh! And I'm back from DC! Soo freakin' awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 pm

personally I don't think it's epic fail but there are problems IMO.
I really would have preferred silver or another "cold" color. I don't associate Twilight as a whole with the warm end of the spectrum but that's my artistic background peeking through.

I'm not a fan of the other words thrown in there either. I suppose they can easily be justified but it reminds me too much of both harry potter and star wars. That could be what they were going for in an attempt to make the series even more marketable but let's be honest, it's the hardcore fans you need to get. We're the ones who will go see it over and over again.

I don't mind the little moon at the bottom. I even think it's pretty cute but the color and bonus words turn me off. Silver is the metal of the moon...nuff said.
Of course overall i'm just glad he went with the same text. I didn't even think about the fact that he could have changed it. That would have been fresh hell so kudos for keeping the same text. I have to remind myself that Chris is still just learning about our fandom. I suppose he'll get a better idea of how dedicated/powerful/insane we are when he starts interacting with the fans via events and press "stuff".

I can't WAIT for comicon. If New Moon is there he's going to get quite a baptism by fire. XD
Overall, I'm fine with it. It's not quite what I wanted but I won't judge until I see a teaser or trailer.

ps. SILVER!
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:29 am

Folklorn wrote:
I really would have preferred silver or another "cold" color. I don't associate Twilight as a whole with the warm end of the spectrum but that's my artistic background peeking through.

ps. SILVER!

Thank you Folk!!! I coudn't put my finger on what was bothering me about the orangeness, it was driving me insane. I totaly agree.

Somthing about it being all lowercase erks me as well. I know twilight was all lower case, but I think new moon being two words makes it stand out more to me. I don't know it just looks...sloppy.

I could do with out the little moon at the bottom, and the lines on either side of it. Makes it look a little to busy for my taste.

Other than that i think it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 am

I like the crescent moon ^^ but Orange !!! ughhhhh No
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Sarahlovestwilight wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

ps. SILVER!

Thank you Folk!!! I coudn't put my finger on what was bothering me about the orangeness, it was driving me insane. I totaly agree.

Somthing about it being all lowercase erks me as well. I know twilight was all lower case, but I think new moon being two words makes it stand out more to me. I don't know it just looks...sloppy.

I could do with out the little moon at the bottom, and the lines on either side of it. Makes it look a little to busy for my taste.

Other than that i think it's fine.
See now I was expecting them to capitalize the title too. I never noticed that they didn't do that with twilight. Having two words in the new moon title does make me feel like it should have been capitalized. It also has a greater effect on the viewer than a change of color. At least that is what I think.
Back to top Go down
beendazzled4life
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
beendazzled4life

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:05 pm

LAME! dude it's not even a new moon, its a cresent moon. do they even know what a knew moon is? and it should have been red or something. oh man. and the twilight saga really?! really?! it is way too cluttered
Back to top Go down
http://www.tapodcast.com
SpunkRansomLove
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SpunkRansomLove

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:16 pm

I liked it. and I thought the twilight books were refered to as a saga. that's what i called it anyway cuz not all of the titles are the same, like harry potter. personally i don't care what the title looks like, it's the movie i'm worried about. i don't think i'll be able to stay alive just watching Kstew on the screen with her fly catcher mouth and monotone voice. Taylor will be my savior for new moon.
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 pm

what the hell is that shish-kabob?!

are your friggin serious?! I clicked the picture thinking there was something behind it. But no, they're serious.

About the Twilight Saga thing. On the books the series is even classified as a saga.

But anyways, the moon.I mean, COME ON!!!IT SHOULDN'T BE A CRESCENT!!! I pictured a full moon.v not a puny crescent

AHHH (storms off in a fury)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed   New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Moon Cover Art and Title Revealed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: