Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your favorite genres of music?

Go down 
+7
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
DanaBug
sparklingpixie1987
Fandom_United
lizthetwilightfrog
AJALLIGATOR
Irish_Vampire93
11 posters
AuthorMessage

What are your favorite genres of music? Empty
PostSubject: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:25 pm

I'll keep this simple. I'm just wondering what types of music we all like.
It's always interesting to find out.

Personally two of my favorites are rock and trance.
Then classical...and finally, everything else under the sun. Well, not country.
I'm not a big fan of current rap either. I like old school before the thug thing was so popular.

btw- I know a lot of people say negative things about trance but IF you know what to look for and what to avoid, you can find some really beautiful music.

What are your favorite genres of music? Icon-musicownsmysould
Back to top Go down
Irish_Vampire93
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Irish_Vampire93

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 pm

I like Rock too and Alternative they are my absolute faves
After those two il listen to anything really Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1367224/

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Irish_Vampire93 wrote:
I like Rock too and Alternative they are my absolute faves
After those two il listen to anything really Smile
Sweet! We are both rockers. Cool
Back to top Go down
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Oooooo music, one of my favorite subjects. I love everything (except country, ew). I listen to everything from Frank Sinatra to Chiodos to Automatic Loveletter. I go on these kicks where I'll listen to one genre or one band for a like a week straight, I'm currently on a Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble (cause he does a lot of Sinatra stuff)/Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kick. Ever need any suggestions, I know a lot of really good indie bands, particularly the local stuff (which is mostly Alt. rock).

-A.J.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:29 pm

VERY NICE! Sinatra is love ~<3
I need to buy some of his CDs.
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:19 pm

I love music it is my heart and soul. I really like all kinds of music I will give anything a chance to impress me. Right now I am in to the music that inspires my book I am writing so like Within Temptation and Barlow Girls some Josh Groban and so on. I love music that touches the soul and makes you dance laugh or just act silly
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:37 am

Yay music. cheers

I'm kinda all over the place when it comes to my musical preferances but it mostly all lyes under the rock spectrum. I'm really into classic rock, 90's alternative and grunge, some current alternative, indie (i'm really into Band of Horses right now) and metal but mostly the older stuff like Metallica or Iron Maiden. I guess it just depends upon my mood. Some day's I just need something calming so I will listen to The Shins or Death Cab and other days I need something that's going to melt my face off...ah...Lamb of God anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:43 am

As one metallica fan to another, I have to ask, what did you think of their new album?
I get it, but as much as it hurts me to say it, I'm not a huge fan. I would so be burned at the stake if I said that around a mob.
Maybe I'm just stuck in the 80's.
Deff Leppard bby BD
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 am

oooh man....i like a lot of different types of music...i like classical (beethoven), i like rock and alternative....Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Garbage, The Spill Canvas, Muse, Skillet, Rasputina, The Sounds, Clutch etc. I like Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Josh Groban. I like some 70's and 80's music. The Sweet, AC/DC, Foreigner, Joan Jett, Def Leppard
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Oh my gosh, music. I swear my iPod is permanently attached to my hand. I have a total mixed bag taste in music. My taste spans all over time and space in music. Hah! My very first fave genres (I was about 3) was 80s and Disney, because that's what regularly played in my car. Those haven't change, but I've expanded. I now like just about everything except country. ESPECIALLY older country like George Strait. My dad plays it around the house ALL day in the hopes I will somehow love it. Ya...not gonna happen. But I love alt, rock, Broadway songs (I LOVE musicals, especially Phantom of the Opera, but that's because I'm a dork), some pop, old school stuff, anything 80s, and I mean ANYTHING. I like soul and I like some hip-hop (I take a hip-hop dance class so I kinda have to), but not the kind that, well, I guess has a detailed description of a woman's anatomy and is swearing every third word. I prefer older stuff. Oh! And I like classical. I guess, in short, Music=Life! afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Music is My LIFE !!

So Definitely Rock and Alternative !!

and of course Classical, because it's a way of life :]

trance when I feel like dancing Very Happy

and NO HIP HOP or RAP or whatever this sh*** is called.

sorry guys Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Folklorn wrote:
As one metallica fan to another, I have to ask, what did you think of their new album?
I get it, but as much as it hurts me to say it, I'm not a huge fan. I would so be burned at the stake if I said that around a mob.
Deff Leppard bby BD

I didn't like it that much either and neither did my little brother whose a hardcore fan of their stuff. It's not just you. I really like their older stuff...Black album and before a lot better than Death Magnetic and St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:36 pm

i like hip-hop (not rap), pop, rock and R&B
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
MrsMcVampy
Mod
Mod
MrsMcVampy

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Does anyone like country? LOL I always feel like an outsider since no one ever does. I am not big on the Toby Kieth like stuff, but I do like country. I like new stuff like Rascal Flatts and old stuff too. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones is one of my favorite songs, even though it makes me cry.

I like almost all music, is just go through phases of what I fell like listening too. Right now, I am on a musical kick (I hate that I never saw RENT on broadway!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tapodcast.com
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 pm

i like some country..
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm

MrsMcVampy wrote:
Does anyone like country? LOL

My mother listens to country so I kinda grew up on it and even though it's not my favorite form of music I still catch my self singing along to the radio when it comes on. I actually like some country though like the Dixie Chicks...I've always loved them.

Last edited by Fandom_United on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm a scatter brain)
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:28 pm

I do like Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley ^^
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I love pretty much everything. Country, rock, r&b, etc.

I'm very drawn to a lot of acoustic stuff. Most music I like, I like 10x more when it's just the performer on whatever instrument they're playing.

I don't know what I like better. The acoustic guitar or the piano. Both are extremely beautiful instruments and anything with just that usually catches my attention (ex. Rob). I love them both and wish I could play either of them but alas, I don't think I can learn by myself. I spent 8 years playing the clarinet and i'm so used to someone teaching me how I just don't think I can learn on my own (though I do have a pretty spiffy acoustic guitar).
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
AnnaIsTeamEmmett
Mod
Mod
AnnaIsTeamEmmett

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Jacob_imprintedonme wrote:
I love pretty much everything. Country, rock, r&b, etc.

lol well than how come every time a country soung comes on you say next!!!!

I love all things music.

Classical
Country
Pop
Rap
R&B
TECHNO otherwise known as TechYES
Rock
Alternative
Accoustic is AWESOME

I know these aren't genres BUT

Jason Mraz rocks my musical world
Green Day makes me smile
Coldplay is made of awesome
Joe Nichols hugged me. NO JOKE
Rihanna makes me wanna DANCE
Britney Spears is coming back
Jon McLaughlin is BEAUTIFUL
DeathCab For Cutie is fantastical

Just a short list of love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Fandom_United wrote:
Folklorn wrote:
Deff Leppard bby BD

I didn't like it that much either and neither did my little brother whose a hardcore fan of their stuff. It's not just you. I really like their older stuff...Black album and before a lot better than Death Magnetic and St. Anger.

I'm so glad it' not just me. I felt so bad about it. It's just not my material.
I like the black album and load better. Load is a little much sometimes but it's amazing when you're pissed off and you need to let out the steam.

Okay, I feel better!

I love reading what everyone likes! Music is possibly the most awesome topic EVER! Well, a close second next to Edward. (I'm not obsessed, I dunno what you're talking about?) >> <<
I'll fight you for him Sammi!!!...or I'll run away.
Back to top Go down
Irish_Vampire93
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Irish_Vampire93

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:27 pm

oooohhhh i like country too, Rascal Flatts are my favorite
(my friends all think I'm weird though)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1367224/
MrsMcVampy
Mod
Mod
MrsMcVampy

Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Irish_Vampire93 wrote:
oooohhhh i like country too, Rascal Flatts are my favorite
(my friends all think I'm weird though)

Team Carlisle and a Rascal Flatts fan? You are my new favorite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 am

MrsMcVampy wrote:
Does anyone like country? LOL I always feel like an outsider since no one ever does. I am not big on the Toby Kieth like stuff, but I do like country. I like new stuff like Rascal Flatts and old stuff too. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones is one of my favorite songs, even though it makes me cry.

I like almost all music, is just go through phases of what I fell like listening too. Right now, I am on a musical kick (I hate that I never saw RENT on broadway!)

I think country TODAY is okay... I think hopes of me liking country were kind of killed once my dad started playing older country around the house...ALL THE TIME! I swear all I hear is "There's a tear in my beer and I crying for ya dear!" or "All my exes live in Texas!" or "Don't rock the jukebox!" ot "If You Ain't Lovin', you ain't livin!" So, ya, everytime I think country, ^ that pops up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:53 am

Jacob_imprintedonme wrote:
I spent 8 years playing the clarinet and i'm so used to someone teaching me how I just don't think I can learn on my own (though I do have a pretty spiffy acoustic guitar).

Right on another Clarinet player! I only played for five years though...

At the moment I'm teaching my self how to play the drums on my little bro's kit. It's a lot of fun and very noisy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favorite genres of music?   What are your favorite genres of music? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favorite genres of music?
Page 1 of 1