Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Empty
PostSubject: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:16 pm

The wait is finally over. After 364 days, New Moon has arrived in theaters. So, the big question is:

WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK?

Favorite Parts?
Least Favorite Parts?
Best Book-To-Screen Transition?

Last edited by QuoteGirl on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:08 pm

i liked it overall! i thought it was a lot better than twilight but i'm sure the extra money helped.
Favorite Parts:
The ending... all of the people i talked to that havn't read the book were so mad! The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_smile
The Jacob-Bella relationship, i thought it was really natural
MICHAEL SHEEN! i though he did an AMAZING job and i'm very excited to see him in eclipse. i loved his facials and just everything! *applauds*
Charlie/Billy Burke... awesome as always
Mike Newton & the humans overall
the wolf animation: amazing!

Least favorite parts:
Kristen Stewart's overall acting, she did NOT convince me that she was depressed. sad, yes. extremely depressed, no.
The shirtlessness. i mean yes it's a mostly female fanbase but c'mon.
The felix/edward fight at the end. i didn't think it was resolved very well.
the cliff dive. i dunno it felt sorta, anticlimactic i guess? i just didn't like it.
angry jacob. taylor just didn't convince me *plsplsdontkillme*
edward being a visual memory instead of just his voice

The highlight of the night though was when jacob had his first shirtless scene and all of the other girls were like "OOHH!!" the guy in front of me goes "Okay ladies calm down!!!" The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_razz

best book to screen translation for me was the fight between jacob and paul
Oh and random thing, on IMDb it says new moon was called: Untitled Sports Movie as its fake title while they were filming in canada
and imdb also has a page for breaking dawn but it's posted as in development
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Okay guys, do not hate me, but I might be one of the only people who was disappointed in it. I agree it was better than Twilight, but don't think it was all that amazing.

Favorite Parts:
The Break Up scenes, both Edward and Jacob.
Taylor taking off his shirt.
Charlie when trying to help Bella. And the month scene.
The Voulturi. (Demitri Especially) Leading the humans to the Volturi.
The scene before Bella jumps off the cliff. (I loved the song placement)
Eric Yorkie overall.
I definitely fell in love with Jasper, he is adorable. The Cullen's overall.
Taylor/Kristen Chemistry!

Least favorite Parts:
What made me angry about the movie was the wolves. I understand that you can only go so far with CGI but I thought they looked incredibly cheesy. I would have rather waited longer or them spending a lot more money to make better looking wolves. One thing that bothered me a lot about them was the proportions. The long legs on the body looked weird.
Alice's Vision of Bella. The whole theater burst into laughter at my midnight showing. It was hilarious.
The Cliff Dive. I didn't feel like it was there. I laughed at Kristen ramming herself into the rock.
The transition from Forks to Italy. That bugged me.
Angry Jacob at Alice. "It's going to get very ugly," just wasn't convincing for me.
Kristen Stewart.
The Ending. It pissed me off. Not because it was a cliff hanger, just because it was a stupid way to end it. Do you think the last thing I wanted to see what Kristen's open mouth? No.
I also feel like the acting was very directed. That sounds really weird, but it seemed like every little line the scene was taken over or stopped at some point, like the actor's couldn't get into the scene because it was stopped so many times to be directed. I could feel when Jacob got off the dirtbike that he was told exactly how to do it right.
I'm with Nicole and Anna on the Rob/Kristen Chemistry. It's always feel awkward watching them kissing and whatnot.

Please don't kill me guys. I think I just expected more from all the hype and I didn't get what I wanted.

And does anyone think that the Tag line should be
Bella, what the Hell were you thinking?
It was said so many times.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion

PostSubject: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Alright, time for Ms. Critical to state her opinions. Very Happy

Overall, it was much better than Twilight. But, there was still so, so, so, much that could have been improved on. This time, I didn't come out of the theater wanting to cry because I was so disappointed, that was a good thing.

* I'm now Team Micheal Sheen. He was so AMAZING! He was an evil genius meets giddy school girl. Loved it!
* Humans. Mike Newton - "What a marshmallow." Classic.
* Charlie "Chuck" Swan - Can he be my Dad?? lol
* Break Up scene - perfection was almost achieved. I thought that having no music, would have made it just a little more heartbreaking.
* Jasper & Emmett **sigh**
* The scene where Edward breaks his phone because he thought Bella was dead. (Not in the book, but one of my favorite scenes in the movie)
* Date scene with Jacob, Bella, and Mike
* Jacob & Bella (So much more chemistry than her and Rob)
* Shirtless Rob. (I think I'm the only person who wanted more of that and less of Taylor - but I think I'm just biased. Very Happy )

Dislikes
* Kristen Stewart. I think she has improved her acting since Twilight, yet I only got semi-depressed, not her being "Bella" depressed. (Do you know what I mean?)
I still think her name should be Blinky - because that was so annoying.
* Not enough time with the Wolf Pack
* Not enough time with just Bella & Jacob
* Not enough time with the Cullen's
* Not enough time in Volterra (I just think that everything was rushed - like they took each chapter in the book and condensed it into 2 minute segments that didn't mesh together - it went way to fast)
* I like and dislike Bella writing to Alice. Something was just not right about that.
* Lack of angry Edward (He supposed to be angry in those "hallucinations")
* Still don't like the hallucinations of Edward
* Chemistry between Bella and Edward (It seemed like they were forcing their acting way too much( aka trying to hard) They just were so depressed when they are supposed to be happy)
* "The Vote" - way too short
* They cut out my favorite scene - where Bella still thinks she's dead - and Edward gives her that long monologue and then proposes

And that's where I think I need to stop - cause I might just keep on going. I don't remember disliking so many things - but I do. Sad It was still much much better than Twilight. I just felt like I was watching a highlight reel - not a movie.

P:S: So mad that so many people got to see the Remember Me trailer in front of New Moon and I didn't. That makes me sad. Sad

Oh, and what's with the frolicking in the flowers (Alice's vision)? Were we supposed to laugh at that? Because my whole theater did. It was cheese and not the good kind of cheese.
Back to top Go down
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:53 pm

kpattz87 wrote:
Oh, and what's with the frolicking in the flowers (Alice's vision)? Were we supposed to laugh at that? Because my whole theater did. It was cheese and not the good kind of cheese.
Don't worry my theater laughed too. I hope to the dear lord above that is NOT how newborn Bella and Edward's first hunt is supposed to look like. *cringes*
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Dazzled_By_Edward wrote:
Okay guys, do not hate me, but I might be one of the only people who was disappointed in it. I agree it was better than Twilight, but don't think it was all that amazing.

Favorite Parts:
The Break Up scenes, both Edward and Jacob.
Taylor taking off his shirt.
Charlie when trying to help Bella. And the month scene.
The Voulturi. (Demitri Especially) Leading the humans to the Volturi.
The scene before Bella jumps off the cliff. (I loved the song placement)
Eric Yorkie overall.
I definitely fell in love with Jasper, he is adorable. The Cullen's overall.
Taylor/Kristen Chemistry!

Least favorite Parts:
What made me angry about the movie was the wolves. I understand that you can only go so far with CGI but I thought they looked incredibly cheesy. I would have rather waited longer or them spending a lot more money to make better looking wolves. One thing that bothered me a lot about them was the proportions. The long legs on the body looked weird.
Alice's Vision of Bella. The whole theater burst into laughter at my midnight showing. It was hilarious.
The Cliff Dive. I didn't feel like it was there. I laughed at Kristen ramming herself into the rock.
The transition from Forks to Italy. That bugged me.
Angry Jacob at Alice. "It's going to get very ugly," just wasn't convincing for me.
Kristen Stewart.
The Ending. It pissed me off. Not because it was a cliff hanger, just because it was a stupid way to end it. Do you think the last thing I wanted to see what Kristen's open mouth? No.
I also feel like the acting was very directed. That sounds really weird, but it seemed like every little line the scene was taken over or stopped at some point, like the actor's couldn't get into the scene because it was stopped so many times to be directed. I could feel when Jacob got off the dirtbike that he was told exactly how to do it right.
I'm with Nicole and Anna on the Rob/Kristen Chemistry. It's always feel awkward watching them kissing and whatnot.

Please don't kill me guys. I think I just expected more from all the hype and I didn't get what I wanted.

And does anyone think that the Tag line should be
Bella, what the Hell were you thinking?
It was said so many times.

I agree with you 100%. I thought the wolves were awful, both CGI and human forms. I mean, they did not have this brother/friend chemistry that was so vivid in the books, and everything felt so forced! Sam was not the alpha I know him to be, he did not even try to stop Paul! Just, "Calm down. Paul, calm down!" Sam would have pushed him away and tried to be a bit more calming than that.

I could not stop laughing during the "Vampire Bella" scene because it was so freaking ridiculous and I think I missed some dialogue after. Oh, well. I am seeing it with my cousins Saturday.

Erik, especially during Romeo and Juliet was amazing! He made me laugh almost more than Mike, and he still is sweet and charming with Angela. I really wished they did keep Ben in, because he is one of my favorite characters and the true guy for Angela.

The Bella, what the hell where you thinking? is perfect. I must have said that a billion times during the movie. Including, Can I strangle you? What was the tag line anyway? I really liked "The Cullens aren't the only family with a secret" and "Will you stay with the one who loves you when you cannot be with the one you love?" because it is so darn confusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions   The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Reactions
Page 1 of 1