Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage

R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide Empty
PostSubject: R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide   R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Well, it’s that time again Twilight Nation - where we have our Speak Up and Out post of the week. And I’m sorry to say that you’re stuck with me . . . again.
It seems as if we haven’t gotten off to a good start. No one has signed up yet. Sad
So, because I don’t want you to go without, fellow Twi-hards, I thought I’d just do a short little post. Hopefully you all will sign-up - because I know you’ll get sick of only me posting - if you haven’t already. Very Happy Enjoy!
And if I haven’t said it already: SIGN UP FOR THE R.P.P.P’S SPEAK UP AND OUT POST’S!! WE’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!

Fangirling - A How To Guide:

Over the past several months we have seen how not to Fangirl. Chasing someone down an alley is how not to Fangirl. Grabbing onto someone you don’t even know is how not to Fangirl. But, because we all know the many ways to Fangirl negatively - and not necessarily the ways to Fangirl positively - I chose to give you positive/appropriate ways to Fangirl:

1. Be calm and respectful:
“Insert Celebrity’s Name Here” is just like you and me, so speak to them calmly and respectfully - (No one needs to know that you’re dying inside - they would probably freak out if they saw that).

2. Respect the idea of personal space:
Keep a respectable distance from the object of your Fangirling (a.k.a. DON'T TOUCH!).

3. Save trees and your favorite stars:
Turn Tabloids around/stop buying them (that’s obvious)

4. Assess the situation before taking a pic:
Pics of a Star’s personal time/life are BAD! - It’s rude and the light hurts their eyes. Assessing situation before taking a pic is GOOD!

5. Contribute to the economy:
BUY their music/movies/books (We all love Pirates, but NO PIRATING!)

6. Be polite:
Screaming out their name - or in their faces, is not a good way to get their attention (they might run). Go up to them in a polite manner - if it is an appropriate situation.

7. Keep it short:
Always keep your exchanges to an acceptable period of time (this will change upon situation). They probably have something to do, so keep it short (Unless “Insert Celebrity’s Name Here” proposes otherwise) - God Willing. In case giggles ensue - be sure to have someone poke you at times of weakness.

8. Save your money:
If you are lucky enough to take a picture with “Insert Celebrity’s Name Here” 2 pictures is enough - no need to waste the whole roll.

9. Call them by their name:
For example, call Rob by his given name: Anything else is wrong. For instance, Edward. He probably doesn’t like it, and it’s incorrect. Haven’t we all seen Rob in the sunlight?

10. Know how to control yourself:
Try to constrain your autographs to pieces of paper and so on. Body parts are not really good to sign on, neither are Pocket Edward's.

If we can learn to Fangirl positively - the world will be a better place. Laughing

P.S: SIGN UP! SIGN UP! SIGN UP! SIGN UP! bounce
IF YOU DIDN’T HEAR ME THE LAST TIME - I’LL SAY IT ONCE MORE: SIGN UP!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide   R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:20 pm

All of this is so true. And after a lot of thinking I finally thought of something to talk about. I'll PM you about it.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion

R.P.P.P Post for 8/28/09: Fangirling: A How To Guide
Page 1 of 1