Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kristen & Security On Campus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Kristen & Security On Campus Empty
PostSubject: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Kristen Stewart, actress and star of "Twilight," generously donated her time to film a Public Service Announcement for SOC designed to raise awareness about sexual assault, particularly on college campuses. This Public Service Announcement will be used during April's Sexual Assault Awareness Month and during September's National Campus Safety Awareness Month (NCSAM).

The PSA was created by Civilian Studios LLC, directed by Diane Paragas and produced & written by Amy Lawday and Liron Reiter of Amy Lawday Productions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm glad to see her doing something positive...not the whole being raped but the whole public service thing.
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 pm

It's a great message, but I would have loved to see a little emotion while she was delivering, but Orlando Bloom will sooner declare me the love of his life. (And then Carlisle will suddenly appear and they'll have an all-out duel)

I am certainly glad she's doing something for a good cause. It's nice to see her doing it, though did anyone else notice that she was sort of sitting oddly, as though she wanted to bolt out of the room as soon as humanly possible.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:42 pm

She was sitting, talking, in a normal voice, looking normally, not acting, not trying to be emotional. She looked perfectly calm, legs crossed, and talked to the camera. I honestly didn't think there could possibly be anything to pick on in this, apparently I was wrong. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:36 pm

I seriously wasn't trying to pick on Kristen. I'm not usually a Kristen-basher. I really liked her in Speak.

My quelm about this was how uneased she looked. She seemed as though she was really scared. She very rarely shows emotions to the camera and I can completely respect that. I could tell that she was very into this cause and I'm very glad. Kristen is a really private person who has difficutly showing her compassion and her kindness to others, which I can certainly understand. I just wish that she would put more of an urging undertone into her voice, because it is an incredibly important issue.

I think what really got me was the way she was hunching her shoulders. It just made her look uncomfortable, which made me feel a little awkward watching it. The way she was sitting also displayed a bit of anxiety.

I just want it to be known: I seriously wasn't bashing Kristen. That's just who she is: private and always equiped with a blank face, no matter how passionate she may be. It didn't feel to me that she was talking to the camera like she would to a normal person having a conversation about whatever the topic. I thought she was trying too hard to look normal that she came across as a little nervous.

That's just my opinion: I really like Kristen in some roles. I'm not saying this just to try and bash her. This is what I honestly thought. This isn't just some crazed attempt to comment on how she, I don't know, can't act or can't be human or whatever bashers say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: good   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 11:27 pm

Last edited by read_the_book on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:42 am

It's good to see her doing something to give back and I actually like that she looked a little tense and uncomfortable. It adds to the message.

The movie she is talking about is called "Speak" which is based off a book of the same name by Laurie Halse Anderson. It's one of my favorites of her movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kristen & Security On Campus   Kristen & Security On Campus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kristen & Security On Campus
Page 1 of 1