Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ImaFanpire
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ImaFanpire

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-01

(Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Empty
PostSubject: (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!   (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:17 pm

so I'm writing an analysis paper on the symbolism of Twilight, but I don't really know what to write about... my main two ideas are writing about the opening quote in the beginning of the book, and how that ties in with the temptation of vampires and forbidden love, and also talking about what vampires have meant to people throughout the ages. my other idea is writing about choice, and choosing your own fate.

Do you think these are good things to write about? do you have any other suggestions? Please, I need some help! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!   (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Folk is here! Well, that may or may not be a good thing. Let's find out together shall we?!

I don't know your grade level so this may not be an appropriate suggestion but one of the major themes in twilight that you could talk about is the parallel between vampirism and sex.
Basically when steph is talking about being bitten by a vampire and the way she has Edward wanting to wait until he and Bella are married, she is really talking about premarital sex. Try reading a passage of twilight where they're talking about Bella becoming a vampire, plug the word sex into the spot where it says bitten or becoming a vampire. It won't look great grammar wise but I think that it will give you a good idea of what I'm talking about.

You can also talk about what it means to be human. That topic comes up a lot in this series although, oddly, Steph doesn't really dive as deep into the subject as she could. That might be because she wants to keep from pressing her own beliefs on her readers. However, the fact remains that the characters themselves do have to decide if being a vampire really means you are no longer worthy of a soul.
Think about it this way, do you think a lion is damned because it eats a zebra?
It's pretty much the same thing if you put a vampire in place of the lion and a human in place of the zebra. It's more like a fact of nature to me. Humans have always found ways to avoid our natural predators. So maybe nature finally created one that we couldn't get rid of with technology or medicine.
That's my opinion so of course you can use my same points to argue against vampires and their nature if you want. But I think those might be some good topics to start with.
I hope I was able to help. If not, let me know some more details about the paper and I'll see if I can come up with something better.

(Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Essay
Back to top Go down
ImaFanpire
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ImaFanpire

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!   (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:28 pm

thank you so much, your points are really great! i'm a sophmore in high school, so the whole sex thing might not be the best topic. but I'll ask my teacher if I can use that point. I'm pretty sure she will be okay with it. Smile

wow, what you said was a lot of help, thank you SOOO much! if you think of anything else, please let me know! Smile

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!   (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm so happy I was able to help you!
I'll keep thinking of other topics in case you need them.

Let me know if your teacher says you can't talk about sex. I'll come up with another point you can use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!   (Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Time sensitive) Twilight Essay--please, I need help!!!
Page 1 of 1