Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SarahBella
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SarahBella

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-08

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:41 pm

This is not a book about vampires...

the description thanks to borders.com

In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place...

This is a great book... I absolutely loved it. Its like a mix between "The Most Dangerous Game" and "The Lottery" if you are familiar with those short stories.
I think it might end up being a series but this is the only book out right now so we will have to see...

Hope you enjoy it as much as do...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheCrazeePair
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Ahhhhhhhh... Books this addicting should be illegal! I couldn't put it down, seriously i did nothing but read untill about four in the afternoon.
Gah, i'm so useless when i get a good book.
This is so intense, i was bawling my eyes out through some parts. I really hope there's more!
Back to top Go down
SarahBella
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SarahBella

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 pm

There has to be at the end it was like "End of book 1"

if there is not gonna be another one i'm gonna be a little upset
and i will feel deceived
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 am

YAAAAAAAAAAY! There IS another one! Its called "Catching Fire" oooo sounds epic Smile coming out early this September

http://www.amazon.com/Catching-Fire-Second-Hunger-Games/dp/0439023491/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235402542&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
SarahBella
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SarahBella

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:41 pm

AAAAHHHH I'm so excited i just got an email from borders today and it was in the email... i freaked out a little bit. Now we know how long we have to wait when before we were like waiting for an eternity...

YYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
bounce
Laughing Very Happy
lol!

I added smileys to show my excitement!! haha
Back to top Go down
VampsWolves&...Humans
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
VampsWolves&...Humans

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm

ahh i love that book!! stphenie meyer suggested it on her website and i immediatly bought it! lol
Back to top Go down
edward_dazzles_me
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
edward_dazzles_me

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:20 pm

OMG I AM READING IT RIGHT NOW AND IT IS MADE OF AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:38 pm

I just finished it for my second time today. I heard several people saying what an awesome book it was, and when I was in the library it hit me to look it up, and I read it within a couple hours.

I was really fortunate that the librarian put a sign up asking if anyone enjoyed The Hunger Games two days later, and she gave me an ARC of Chasing Fire the day before it came out.

After doing some browsing on the internet, I came across some interesting news - The Hunger Games is slated to become a movie coming out 2011. There are still no news on auditions or casting, but the director is Nina Jacobson and Suzanne Collins herself will be writing the screenplay.

This book is so addicting and if anyone has not read it yet - do it right now! Go to the library or bookstore or borrow it from a friend. If Stephenie Meyer aka, the Queen of the Universe approved it, you know it is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Page 1 of 1