Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jennatwin
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Recently on AOL.com, there was a news story that Edward and Bella Twilight Barbies from Mattel were available for pre-order on Amazon.com. They sell for $26 each and claim to be just like the "dazzlingly beautiful vampire Edward Cullen" and the "simple and sophisticated Bella Swan." What do you guys think about this? Would you buy the Twilight barbies? Or has Twilight Nation gone too far?
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm

I probably won't buy them, but I just wanted to say one thing, more like complaint.

Warning: Bella Bashing Below!

"Simple and sophisticated Bella Swan????"

Hahahahahahahaha

More like complex and whiny Bella Swan. All her friends are of the supernatural, how is that simple? And I don't think I need to say anything about whiny do I?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
teampotter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am

Hello.

I agree with Dazzled_By_Edward. Also which teenager who read the series plays with barbie dolls? Even if they were only collecting them...

Teampotter
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Wow. Those are some of the funniest character descriptions ever. "Simple and sophisticated Bella Swan?" How in the world is she simple? Bella, for all her faults, is very intelligent, a bit dense sometimes, but still, and I have never ever heard her called sophisticated before. Not even as a vampire. She's clumsy and hates getting dressed up and fashion. "Beautiful and dazzling vampire Edward Cullen?" that might be true, but it is still hilarious. They could say ''Moody and depressed, gorgeous Edward Cullen" and I am not even going to do Bella's because some non-bashers might get a little annoyed. I will just leave it there.

As for the barbies, I think it is a little scary. I mean, do they really expect to sell many? Even if you buy one only for your Barbie or Twilight collection, I do not know many people in the age group of Twilight readers that play with Barbies. Yeah, they are a bit fun sometimes when playing with a younger child, but on a regular basis, no. Who do they expect will buy their products? And personally, I find some barbies a bit creepy, and I looked up pics of them, and boy they look creepy.
Back to top Go down
teamedwardjacobaddict
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamedwardjacobaddict

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I would buy the Barbies. I am a collector of the different Movie Barbies. So I would buy these. And hope they will come out with at least a Jacob one too and hoping for the Cullens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!   Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight Barbies? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1