Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

your twilight wedding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-12-17

your twilight wedding Empty
PostSubject: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:08 pm

how would you describe a twilight wedding?

a wedding that is based on twilight?
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:16 am

does having Jasper as the groom count for my twilight wedding?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 pm

My twilight wedding? You asked for it!
So, if I ever get married and should I have a twilight wedding, you can expect something elaborate and simple at the same time. I want people to have fun at my wedding so one focus will be a calm, friendly atmosphere. Low lighting, not too many people, and fun outfits. I want people to dress up in either 20s style outfits or some sort of early era costume. I want darker Hughes for dresses and my own wedding dress would be a champagne color. I think my wedding would be at night too. I'd have to throw some horse riding in there too. My stud needs to ride a stud. Oh and Rob needs to be there! Oh how I could go on and on...
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Brie you can have anyone there but what im talking about is that if some1 was getting married and they were going to base it on twilight then how would you set up the scene?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Pixiepale wrote:
Brie you can have anyone there but what im talking about is that if some1 was getting married and they were going to base it on twilight then how would you set up the scene?
...ooooooooooohhhhhhh. I see. okay, stand by---
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 pm

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:33 pm

If someone wanted to have a twilight themed wedding I think you would have to be pretty careful about it. The reason I say this is because it would be very easy to make your wedding campy and goth looking when you're trying to capture the vampire vibe. The best way to look at it would be to try and take things from old fashioned weddings. Like I said with my wedding, it would be a good idea to keep to older customs as far as the dress designs and maybe the cake. BUT, you can still mix it up modern vampire style by taking those older traditions and sprinkling them with vampire sparkles.

For example, take your traditional cake and make it a little more elaborate with extra piping and Gothic designs (note Gothic architecture is different than the style). Change the colors to darker tones although you should still avoid the black wedding dress. It just screams goth when that's not what you're going for. Maybe the cake could be red velvet cake with dark chocolate. Very decadent and yet simple.

Twilight/dusk would be a good time to have the wedding. Maybe outside under tends surrounded by candles or lanterns. Lot's of hanging flowers but nothing with an intense scent that would be too strong. If you want to go really far back in time, get married in a forest under a huge old tree. Some people won't get it but it's a great way to make things more personal and give that feeling of natural love. Maybe even plant a small tree together...I'm such a tree hugger. moving on.

Have some classical music for dancing but also throw in some fun stuff of course. Maybe switch up the wedding music from traditional marches etc. to soft or intense piano while you're walking down the isle. George Winston is a great composer to look at.

as for the time of year, it's up to the bride but I've always wanted a winter wedding.
Spring or summer would probably be best for a night wedding outside though.

Oh, and get fun with the goodie bags. That's the place where you can be nerdy and give people fake fangs and other themed stuff.

Red wine is a nice touch too. And maybe strawberry cider for those of us who can't/don't drink.

Is that more what you had in mind?

Edit: This goes without saying but you need to have little tributes to the books all over the place like red ribbons for decoration, Apple food and drink whenever possible, red flowers although I didn't like the one on the cover, and seriously, a giant chess board for a wedding game would be a lot of fun!
Lots and lots of cider...I know I said that already but I love the stuff. I can go through bottles of it with no problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:39 pm

wait...did you want a step by step of how I see a twilight wedding playing out?
Cause that could take some time.

...but I'll do it X3
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 pm

well...not exactly but if you want you you can, brie.
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh and ie noticed that you like to post reeeaaalllly long posts! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Pixiepale wrote:
Oh and ie noticed that you like to post reeeaaalllly long posts! lol
Okay, as long as I answered your question somewhat then I'm happy.

Yes, I am the queen of "Wall O Text" posts. Well, Missy has long ones too. I was basically trained to make long and detailed posts by being a gaian for about five years. When you're on a giant forum like that where your worth as a citizen is based on your post number and quality, you learn to shape up real fast. It's helpful sometimes but gaia has fallen apart at the wallet and age group so I moved on to twilight and more adult forums. In theory we're more adult anyway ;D
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:05 pm

lol so I see. I was raised to use use a thesaurus and cook like the italian I am. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Pixiepale wrote:
lol so I see. I was raised to use use a thesaurus and cook like the italian I am. lol
yummy, food for thought and food for your tummy ;9
I should use a thesaurus more...
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

speaking of good italian food my dad is making Homemade Lazanga for dinner. II, sono la fame! Lol thats Italian for im starving.
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:15 pm

And I should use a Dictionary more. True story
Back to top Go down
emmett_or_jake
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
emmett_or_jake

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm

I would say that i would have jake as the groom if it counts lol! and have lots of flowers and ribbons and and eleborate dress lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:57 pm

no! not a wedding in the books, how would you set out the wedding theme as twilight-like cups with robs face on them or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your twilight wedding   your twilight wedding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your twilight wedding
Page 1 of 1