Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What brought you to Twilight?

Go down 
+10
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Katydid
Jacob_imprintedonme
TeamSwissCheese
Resisting the wine
ladyandthevamp
Fandom_United
Happy Twilighter
SurrepTRIXus
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SurrepTRIXus
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SurrepTRIXus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-15

What brought you to Twilight? Empty
PostSubject: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 am

So what brought you to read the Twilight books and what brought you all to the TA podcast?

In other words, what's your Twilight testimony?

~TRIX~
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4464489/1/<b>Fixing<_b>_<b>Dusk<_b>

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 am

ummm what brought me?

A friend. I found them on itunes!

its a very exciting story. That took all of two sentences to say!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm

My sister heard that there was going to be a vampire themed movie made based on a set of books. We liked vampire movies so we stalked the library waiting for said books to be returned so she could read them before the movie came out. She finally decided after a few weeks that they were apparently good books, because they never seemed to be in, so she would just buy them. I still wasn't all that interested except for the fact that there was a movie coming out, I hadn't decided if I wanted to read the books or not.

So..... the books were bought from eBay and joined "the library" in our bathroom. (Ok, before you all freak out, lol, we have a small house and all our bookshelves are already filled, so there's a shelf in the bathroom that we put the newest things to read... we lovingly refer to this shelf as "the library", lol. We tend to spend LOTS of time in our bathroom reading because the books in there are for everyone to share, so the agreement is that they DON'T leave the bathroom until everyone who's interested has had a chance to read them. This way no one hords a book. It's odd, but it works for us. Very Happy ) They sat there for a few days while we each read whatever it was we had already started.

One night, I had finished my book, and was bored, so I picked up Twilight. That was at about 1am on a Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. At around 2am I went and got the bean bag from my bedroom and decided to camp out on the floor in the bathroom, so as not to break the "no leaving the bathroom with the book" rule. This didn't seem at all odd to me until around 6ish when I thought what it was going to look like to my uncle as he passed the bathroom on his way out to work, lol. I decided to chance the wrath of my sister for breaking the rule and took the book to my bedroom to finish, lol. I finished Twilight at around 8:30am on Wednesday... went to work from 9am-4pm (taking New Moon with me to read on my lunch break)... came home, did laundry (again, taking New Moon with me to the laundry mat) and ate dinner... started reading again about 8pm... finished New Moon around 3am... slept til about 9am... woke up and started Eclipse... finished Eclipse around 5pm... then started back on Twilight, lol.

I reread the three of them nonstop for about 2 weeks, in rotation. My sister, my aunt, and my uncle all thought I'd lost my mind until my sister finally started reading them. Then she was as hooked as I was. We finally convinced my aunt to read them and she liked them too. (although not as much as we did)

I don't have an accurate count of how many times I've read the books, or how many people my sister and I have convinced to read them. Both numbers are very high, and we are proud, lol.

As for the podcast... I was simply scouring cyberspace for any and all things Twilight and came across Twilighters Anonymous (the website, not the podcast) and thought they were cool. Then I decided to make a myspace page dedicated to Twilight (cause I'm slightly obsessive and needed an outlet, lol) and started collecting other "friends" with Twilight pages. I came across someone (I wish I remembered who) who had TAPodcast as one of their friends. I saw their myspace and realized they were not the same site I'd already seen. I added them on myspace. One day they sent out a message saying they were having a live chat on uStream. I was hooked from then on!

I have to admit, I still haven't made it through all the old episodes of the show (i know, bad fan) but I'm working on it. I hate, hate, hate iTunes so it's only for the love of the show that I deal with that frustrating program every week. I love all the antics, I love the discussion, I love the fun, I love the "of the weeks", I love the forum, and I love the girls. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Ok. So. I have to admit that I didn't know what twilight was until april of this year. I was listing to a *caugh* harry potter podcast that shall remain unamed. It was their april fools episode and they try to trick everyone into thinking that they were going to talk about Twilight along with other series insted of just Potter. Twilight was the only book out of the ones that they mentioned that I didn't know about so I decided to check them out from the library. Luckly our system has downloadable audiobooks that were always avalable because I couldn't find a copy of the books at any of the six branches in our district. Anywho, I listened to the first two books non stop until they were done then bough all three books for my birthday in the middle of April and the rest is twi-history.

I got curious about the twilight fandom because I figured a book series this good must have a following. So I googled and searched for sites and also searched iTunes for Podcast. I downloaded three or four different Twilight podcast and the only one I liked was TA's...and to this day it's the only Twilight podcast I listen to every week. And as I've said many times this show does what any other has failed to do for me...they make my inner fangirl very very happy.

cheers cheers cheers for TA Podcast!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:04 pm

totally random! IDK they came to me!
Back to top Go down
SurrepTRIXus
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SurrepTRIXus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Okay, my turn!

When I'm busy at work, I'm REALLY busy, but when I'm not... I have nothing to do. So over the summer I was on Yahoo!Answers and I noticed that half the questions in the Books and Author's section were talking about this book I had never heard of called Twilight. So I thought to myself "Self, you should read this book. Even if it turns out to be bad, at least you'll have passed some time and then you'll have a clue about what people are talking about."

So I did read it. I bought an e-copy and downloaded it to my work computer, intending to only read it at work. I can't tell you how mad I was when my boss let me go home early that day! I finished Twilight the next day and promptly downloaded New Moon. I read about half of it (where Jacob sneaks in through Bella's window) before I went home, and that night I had my first Twilight dream. And of course from that point on I was hooked.

When I finished New Moon, I went to download the next two books that I had heard a buzz about, only to discover that the last book hadn't been released yet! "No big deal... I can wait..." I thought, and continued to read Eclipse. That thing about only reading the books at work? Yeah, that didn't last. I blew off my friends and our standing Wednesday night get together to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" so i could finish Eclipse.

"No big deal..." I thought again. "Breaking Dawn will be released soon. Just 18 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes and 15 seconds... 14 seconds... 13 seconds..."

I promptly pushed Twilight on all my friends and set about re-reading the series again and again before Breaking Dawn came out. I myself have currently converted 9 people into Twilight Nation (including my husband), and most of them have turned several people as well. I bought real copies of the books and even downloaded them to my phone so I could always have them with me. I even bought another copy of Twilight and New Moon so I could lend them out. I read the first three books three full times before BD came out, and countless times since.

Yeah, I think it qualifies as an addiction! But, oh, how welcome it is!

I came to TA Podcast by doing an iTunes search for Twilight... seeking to feed my addiction. Thankfully, this is a great way to do it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4464489/1/<b>Fixing<_b>_<b>Dusk<_b>
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Good topic. My turn.

My really good friend/co-worker hooked me up with the books in Sept. She had been reading them for a few months and would every now and then mention that she was really embarrassed about this teen books series about vampires that she was really addicted to. Now, I don't know why I wasn't more curious, but I didn't think much of it. I saw a preview for the movie before the Penelope dvd, and I thought "that is that crap my friend is reading." So I asked her about them, and she decided she would just bring me the book. I had it for a couple of days before I started it and she would text me with asking if I had gotten going.--Still didn't realize how awesome they were going to be. That night, I had nothing to do. After 20 pages, I was hooked. Something about the first time Bella sees Edward makes me excited. (I think its the description of his long fingers picking a bagel, it conveys so much. Wink)

I finished Twilight by Saturday night. I read Midnight Sun that night (stayed up until 3 am). I went to the bookstore Sunday and finished New Moon on tuesday. Then I finished Eclipse by the end of the week. BD took me a little while (its not my favorite).

Then, I learned about the fandom... My husband works with some girls that are really into Twilight. I started emailing them. Our town wasn't planning on having a midnight showing of the movie, so my new friend started a campaign. She took fliers to the local bookstores telling everyone to call the theater and show support for Twilight. I called and left a message --very sane message- saying I just wanted to show interest in Twilight and left my number saying they could call me if they had any additional information. The next day I got a call from the manager saying they were having the showing and by the way "what is twilight?" I got to talk business/Twilight and explain the phenomenon to the manager of our movie theater. (so cool) Then my friends organized a party with trivia before the midnight showing. It was awesome and so much fun.

I found TA Podcast from Tiwlightmoms.com. On their newsblog they mentioned the podcast and how they had Edward's pick up line of the week. That made me curious, so I tracked down the podcast. I didn't listen very much at first, but then I had a trip for work where I was going to be traveling in the car for like 7 hours over two days. I burned several of the podcasts to mp3 CDs and thought I would enjoy that more than music on such a long trip. That got me hooked on the podcast! I laughed so hard, I'm sure some people at stop lights noticed. So, I was in a good mood when I got home, wanted to know more about Rob on a stick (hadn't seen the videos yet) and started working phases like "made of awesome" into my regular vernacular.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 pm

basically when i got twilight, it took me 2 years to actually pick it up! When I did, I was happy because it was at the end of July so I was able to actually read all of the books and breaking daw came out the day after i finished Eclipse! PErfect timing. I do have to owe it to all of the people at my school who were reading it because they convinced me that it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

yahh my storys not that interesting but my friend kept urging me to read it when summer started and i wanted to read another series but she like forced me telling me it was the best thing everr and she was totally in love with it and i was just like ugggg i hate reading lol but i read it and got addicted and in the very impatient weeks between the time i finished eclipse and when breaking dawn was released, i found TA on itunes!!! soooo yah. thats my amazing story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:01 pm

I found Twilight a couple of weeks after finishing the final Harry Potter (August 2007). I was just browsing around random Harry Potter websites, when pictures of Gaspard Ulliel and this random brunette chick kept popping up as "Edward and Bella" I was intrigued and went to a few websites in reference to them and saw they were from a book series called "Twilight" and that a lot of HP fans recommended it if you liked the HP series. So, it took me about a week to actually find the books because the library was all out and a lot of the book stores in my area didn't have them. I FINALLY found the series at a downtown Borders.

It took me about three weeks to finish the series. For one, I bought the book so I had something to read on my massively long road trip to Las Vegas (big 21st birthday bash with my friends, drove through Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona and Nevada) and started reading it when we were driving back home. For two, Eclipse had just come out not that long ago and all the book stores were sold out so I had to order it online and wait.

As for the podcast, well ...
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
Katydid
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Katydid

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 pm

well a lot of girls on my swim team were telling me it was awesome and worth reading. during that time, my mom was mad at me because i kept on rereading harry potter and nothing else (idk why) and told me if i went a week without reading harry potter, she would buy me a book of my choice. and i chose twilight! now my addiction to twilight is greater than my addiction to harry potter.
Back to top Go down
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Uhhhh...-brain explodes-
I think I saw Twilight at Barnes and Noble because it was featured as a top YA book.
I came upon this podcast....on youtube when I saw the Rob-on-a-stick video! =]
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
StupidLamb_1981
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
StupidLamb_1981

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 am

i had been listening to a podcast *that will remain nameless* and heard them mention it. i was intrigued but put it out of my head. i heard it mentioned again on yet another podcast, so in march of this year i finally ordered all 3 from amazon and read them in 2 weeks. i had to wait for BD to come out. i have been hooked every since.

i found TA doing a random search on itunes.

Last edited by StupidLamb_1981 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/butterflyprincess7981
therapycasecullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
therapycasecullen

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: what brought me?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:19 pm

i had heard of twilight but wasnt interested in reading it, unil a teacher froze in the middle of class, looked at my friend and said "do you have twilight? i really wnat to read it." i decided if my teacher was reading it it couldnt be only a lame chick novel so i picked it up and read it that same day. couldnt put it down! that was a year ago, and iv been completely dazzled since!
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:48 pm

I have always loved books. Iv'e read all the classics ( Shakespeare, Dickens, harry potter, you get the idea). So when people were popping up all aruond me with this "twilight" book i thought it was just some crappy heard-it-all-before romance story. BUT I refused to be left out of ANY form of book discussion so i picked up a copy. Armed with a notebook and pencil to write all the flaws as i found them, i read twilight. By the time i finished the book i'd filled two note book page with random hearts and OMGs. I went to three differant librarys before I found checked in copys of new moon and eclipse, which i finished in time to be a fangirl about the release of breaking dawn.

After seeing the movie i came across the TAP commercial on youtube and decided to check it out. I was sceptical at first but within the first five minutes i was hopelessly dazzled.

And here i am today, hardly able to contain my fangirl screams, embracing the cold weather in texas because it makes me feel like i'm in Forks, and working on my very first fanfic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

I embrace any cold weather I can get here in Georgia. Warm weather makes me hostile.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:38 am

Sarahlovestwilight wrote:
I have always loved books. Iv'e read all the classics ( Shakespeare, Dickens, harry potter, you get the idea). So when people were popping up all aruond me with this "twilight" book i thought it was just some crappy heard-it-all-before romance story. BUT I refused to be left out of ANY form of book discussion so i picked up a copy. Armed with a notebook and pencil to write all the flaws as i found them, i read twilight. By the time i finished the book i'd filled two note book page with random hearts and OMGs. I went to three differant librarys before I found checked in copys of new moon and eclipse, which i finished in time to be a fangirl about the release of breaking dawn.

After seeing the movie i came across the TAP commercial on youtube and decided to check it out. I was sceptical at first but within the first five minutes i was hopelessly dazzled.

And here i am today, hardly able to contain my fangirl screams, embracing the cold weather in texas because it makes me feel like i'm in Forks, and working on my very first fanfic. cheers

sarah your awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:06 am

ummmmmm what have i missed?? i guess my computer didnt like this topic so it blocked it! soooooo ya.... ummmm what brought me to twilight? i have no idea other than being forced to read it by my friends.... it seems the best books are forced upon you! lol! soooo thats my twilight story!
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Two of my friends had read it and, at different times, told me to read it. One of them was more hooked and she basically forced me to read it. Like, against my will. I did not want to read it (I know, dark times) but I did just to shut her up. I was bored one night and it was sitting on my nightstand and I just read. And read. And read. It was May 15, 2008 at 10:17 pm. And it went from there.

Now, about the podcast. Before I converted my other family and friends I needed an outlt for my obsession. So I startedd listening to podcasts. I found a few I liked, but nothing that I LOVED. So I went looking on iTunes and wham! There was Twilighters Anonymous. So I listened and...well, here I am!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:32 pm

DanaBug wrote:
Now, about the podcast. Before I converted my other family and friends I needed an outlt for my obsession. So I startedd listening to podcasts. I found a few I liked, but nothing that I LOVED. So I went looking on iTunes and wham! There was Twilighters Anonymous. So I listened and...well, here I am!

dido.

Oh and I love your icon is very...dazzling!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
Aidan Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Aidan Cullen

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am

My uncle said they were popular.
I liked the name on itunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to Twilight?   What brought you to Twilight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What brought you to Twilight?
Page 1 of 1