Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

[RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Empty
PostSubject: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, it's a rant so you have been warned!
Basically, I'm drowning in college hell right now. My semester has only just begun (literally) and yet, that little black cat has already decided to screw with my life and set me in a constant state of panic.
This isn't anything new, but you'd think by college I might be able to escape the little sucker. No such luck!

Here's the story:
Historically I've had bad luck when it comes to any manner of schooling.
Things don't work, things break, times change, my teacher doesn't like me etc.
This time around I was finally feeling good because I had the proper classes selected and my books had been purchased early to avoid the chaos three days before classes start.
The day finally got here and I trudged into class like everyone else. The first week always looks like a horror movie. Zombies everywhere!
Anyway, it turns out the english class I had selected was turning out to be one of those "do you hate your students?" situations. You know, the professor seems to want to kill us with extra work. I knew this wasn't going to go over well with my other classes being as intense as they are. So, I decided I would switch into another english class with a tame teacher when I got home. (ratemyprofessor.com is a godsend! USE IT!)
I went along to my next class which was fine, packed but fine. Then I had to go to my art class early because I had been kicked off the class roster for some reason (along with five other students). Thankfully the professor seems to be happy to add us but that was yesterday and I still don't appear to be in the class yet. [insert panic part 1 here]. I kept on to my next class where I met an old friend so that calmed me a bit. Plus my professor is from Zimbabwe and he's got an awesome accent. Sounds JUST like Sean Connery, no joke. Being a weakling for accents, it's now my friends job to mop me off the floor after class.
Finally my last class, totally online! I thought it would be nice to be there in person for the first day so of course I went. now things get muddy.
After class of course my mother decides she wants to know how things went.
SHE decided she didn't trust that I could handle my online class because she thinks I won't do the work on time and thus...I have to switch. Normally I'd say something rather unladylike but when it comes to college. My parents own me (and many of you too I'm sure)
I need to stay on their insurance so I need at least 12 credits (4 classes) and my mom can pretty much tell me what she wants me to take. Otherwise I get the guilt trip.

So when I got home I found that not only am I not IN the art class I need, I'm also not able to sign up for the other english class. Don't know why.
[insert panic part 2]
So now I'm basically having to wait and trust my art teacher whom I don't know AND try like hell to get into the other english class. Things move fast in college so I don't want to fall behind. It's an EPIC MESS! Right now it looks like I'm only in three classes and I NEED to find the other english professor to talk to him. Problem is, HE'S NOT ONLINE AT MY SCHOOL! Thus I have to do it tomorrow between my other classes.
I could rip my hair out right about now.
My grants will be on hold until I get into 4 classes and I just don't know what to do anymore.
My whole account might be on hold at this point!

See how that little black cat works?
Things go from perfect to hell in no time.
The fates really must have a personal problem with me. *sigh*
I'm done.

[RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Avatar-Meow[RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Thth47275
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 pm

Ok... Deeeeep breaths, deeeeep breaths! Find your chi! Things are going to be fine! I'm only in 8th grade so I can't give you advice and I doubt you would want it anyway. So just relax and calm down. Deeeep breaths! xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:45 pm

I understand your black cat issues!!! trust me!!!! I think I must've gotten the zombie mutant version because anything good that might come my way that mutant freak jumps right on it like cat nip!
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Yeesh, that is alot of stuff!! I think I would curl up in a ball and never get out of bed if that happened to me. Ya, I'm only in 8th grade to so, no advice. Sorry
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 am

The one thing that I've learned is that eventually things work themselves out. It just takes a little time. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...   [RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[RANT] The little black cat on my shoulder...
Page 1 of 1