Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Empty
PostSubject: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:19 pm

So I know we have a song of the week for the podcast but I thought it might be fun for us to come up with our own playlists for twilight and any of the other books in the series. I liked the official soundtrack (although the score wasn't as awesome as I had hoped) but I didn't imagine the soundtrack to be quite the way it was. It does fit and Stephenie seems to enjoy a lot of that type of music but I always imagined more classical music myself.

Anyway, the point is, I think we can have a good time with this.
Personally I've already started a playlist for major events in the series.
It's composed of songs I felt could have been playing in the background at a given time in the book.

I would like to mention that Nicole inspired this. Yup YOU >D
I was listening to episode 22 and you were talking about music that fits the meadow. I started thinking about music I've got that worked for the meadow and thus this whole thing happened.
BTW-I have a song that has the angelic choir and mysterious ancient melody going.
It's from a video game too. Funky!

DONE AND DONE!
please enjoy the music, read the notes if you get lost, and contribute if you feel like it.
Click below for the link to my playlist.

Folklorn's Twilight Playlist

Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ ThRunninrhinos
Playlist Information~

Key:
Song Title-Musical Artist-Extra Notes
Stars like this (*) are in front of songs I could not find but are still on the list.
WARNING-The last song you can listen to on the playlist (23) is pure metal. I'm telling you so it won't give you a heart attack after all the mellow stuff. Yes, metallica did a performance with an orchestra. It was bad ass too!

1)the holly & the ivy-george winston-I felt this song seemed to express what I imagined to be Edward's happiness
2)friends of night-mogwai-edward watching bella sleep & wanting to touch her
3)take me somewhere nice-mogwai-edwards breakdown after leaving bella (probably in midnight sun at some point, i would expect him to break down like she did)
4)i know you are but what am i? -mogwai-bella & edward encounters early on in the book/fascination
5)dela-johnny clegg & savuka-I chose this song because it would be cute in the background as bella goes about her daily house activities. I always clean and do anything/everything with happy music on. The lyrics also work for both jacob and edwards affection for bella. johnny clegg was my first concert at 3 yrs old =^^= he sang to me near the stage<3
6)cruel,crazy,beautiful world-johnny clegg & savuka-(I could only find a sample)more happy music with lyrics that oddly forshadow new moon o_o
7)with one look-rupert hine-(better off dead soundtrack bby!) this would have been fun at prom. you know everyone likes to dance to good 80's tunes. plus the lyrics fit in a cheesy way.PS~watch the movie if you've never seen it!!!
8 )orchid-alanis morissette-bella is different from other people and she notices that edward is too
9)you learn-alanis morissette-life is complicated (bella's perspective)
10)thank you-alanis morissette-doing things my way (bella's perspective)
11)a dream about you-ATB-do I need to explain? bella's edward dreams...not the scary ones. the good ones we never get to read about for some reason.
12)beautiful worlds-ATB-swallowed by emotions (edward dealing with his emotions for the first time)
13)prologue-masami ueda-it's just REALLY pretty. Go play okmai for ps2 if you haven't already. EPIC game!
14)white unicorn-wolfmother-(come on, ironic much?!) songs 13 through17 are for fun because they either relate to the jokes about robs unicorn hair or I happen to really like them. The songs by woodland are on a CD called twilight, that's their connection.
15)the last unicorn-america-show of hands, anyone else seen this movie? youtube it! THAT is where rob came from and why he's so amazing. He really IS a unicorn. forget the hair. He just hasn't changed back yet. someone get me a maiden!
16)mermaid-woodland-on the twilight CD.beautiful song.
17)rose red-woodland-on the twilight CD. haunting song, very powerful.
18 )longing/love-george winston-love's journey (bella and edward's realization that they care for each other and YES, I do remember that it happens at different times but work with me here!)
19)pachebel's cannon-george winston-days of happiness for bella&edward
20)love song to a ballerina-george winston-this reminds me of alice&jasper. It fits to express the love and devotion he feels for her.
21)carol of the bells-george winston-he left me (bella's feelings when edward left her in NM)
22)like a stone-audioslave-edwards song pre-twilight-it just has that feeling of longing for a purpose and ending.
23)of wolf and man-metallica-jacobs werewolf song. read the lyrics, they're perfect.
*24)night(part I & II) -george winston-part I is edward running away from bella in twilight after their first meeting. part II is his longing to see her.
*25)poli'ah-george winston-edwards conflicting emotions. Thus this would be played all over the place through all of the books. poor emo vampire.
*26)okami image song prototype II-masami ueda-sadly I was only able to find the 3rd version of this song but i put it on the list because at about 1:06 into the song it becomes perfect for the meadow scene. You can easily imagine bella and edward just walking into the meadow and towards the end it changes into something almost otherworldly. I feel like it would fit in just as the sun first hits edward OR in the italy scene of new moon.
27)Edward Cullen- immediate music - I'm almost positive this song isn't really titled "edward cullen" but interestingly enough, it does a pretty good job capturing his conflicting emotions.
28)Twilight- future of forestry- This is another one of those songs that's almost tailor made for Twilight. Not only is the title Twilight but the words and overall mood of the song are pretty spot on with the movie. It might be a little too dreary for the book...

Last edited by Folklorn on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:17 pm

yeah. i love listening and finding new twi-tunes!
definitely a good idea ;]]]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:22 pm

I'm happy you like the idea. I'm composing the list right now on playlist.com. It will be missing a few tracks for obvious reasons. Not all of my music is common or easy to find online so i'll still list the music so users can look them up if they want.

If anyone has a song that works well with a scene or character, go ahead and post it. You don't have to provide a playlist. it's just an option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm soooo close to being finished!
I hate it when you search an artist and find like 10 others songs by them that you never knew about. I keep having to add to my list!

*sharpens pencil*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I think i'm going to start foaming at the mouth. that took FOREVER! I got all but two songs on a playlist and I even added a few songs for chuckles. I'm assuming all of us here on the forum are dedicated podcast listeners so you should be able to make connections with some of the songs and a little on going joke about Rob's hair ;3

I amuse myself way too much for my own good.
*sigh* anyway, I'll be updating the first post with the playlist and (if i don't screw it up) a link to the "actual" playlist so everyone can give it a listen. There will be notes to explain songs and lyrics when needed. At least one band has members who sing much like rob does so if you actually want to know what they're saying, you'll need the lyrics.

LET'S DO IT TO IT! *slapfive*
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:49 am

Wow i love it. Even though i've never heard of any of the songs or artists.
Very fresh, new and awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:19 am

lol i have some for new moon...

-Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy (after you hear it you will understand.) Edward/Bella
-Near to You by A Fine Frenzy Jacob/Bella
-Breathe by Taylor Swift Bella

ome i have another one!!!
-All I Ever Wanted by Chuck Wicks (not to sure on his name..) Edward/Bella
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Sarahlovestwilight wrote:
Wow i love it. Even though i've never heard of any of the songs or artists.
Very fresh, new and awesome
Thank you. I know it's a bit unconventional but I think it serves it's purpose.
I had fun even though I nearly killed my fingers. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
lol i have some for new moon...

-Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy (after you hear it you will understand.) Edward/Bella
-Near to You by A Fine Frenzy Jacob/Bella
-Breathe by Taylor Swift Bella

ome i have another one!!!
-All I Ever Wanted by Chuck Wicks (not to sure on his name..) Edward/Bella
SWEET! I'm going to give these a listen. I need more music to add to my computer and ipod. You can never have too much.
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Folklorn you are brillant and the playlist rocks too...though I've never heard of 3/4 of the artest on it you included some of my favorites. "White Unicorn" great song and LOL!!! And "Of Wolf and Man" was one of the songs I suggested for song of the week Very Happy so I'm glad it's on the list. The lyrics are perfect for the pack. "Shape shift, nose in the air" HELLO! I can't wait to listen to all them on Monday when I have access to High speed internet. cheers

Some additions to the Twilight list:

"Sour Girl" by Stone Temple Pilots- Great Edward trying to avoid/stock Bella in the beginning. Great lyrics.

"Pink Bullets" by The Shins.

"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

"Talking in your Sleep" by The Romantics...lol

"The Boy's are Too Refined" by The Hush Sound

"The Dolphins Cry" (Acoustic version) by Live

"Sleep" by The Dandy Warhols
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Fandom_United wrote:
Folklorn you are brillant and the playlist rocks too...though I've never heard of 3/4 of the artest on it you included some of my favorites. "White Unicorn" great song and LOL!!! And "Of Wolf and Man" was one of the songs I suggested for song of the week Very Happy so I'm glad it's on the list. The lyrics are perfect for the pack. "Shape shift, nose in the air" HELLO! I can't wait to listen to all them on Monday when I have access to High speed internet. cheers

Some additions to the Twilight list:

"Sour Girl" by Stone Temple Pilots- Great Edward trying to avoid/stock Bella in the beginning. Great lyrics.

"Pink Bullets" by The Shins.

"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

"Talking in your Sleep" by The Romantics...lol

"The Boy's are Too Refined" by The Hush Sound

"The Dolphins Cry" (Acoustic version) by Live

"Sleep" by The Dandy Warhols
No freakin way!? You suggested the same song I did. Thats so cool.
I bet you did it before I did though. We must think alike! ^^V

I'm so happy you're enjoying it. I like messing with playlists. You never know what music you'll find.
I'm thinking about doing another playlist thing that everyone can be a part of for...some reason. For fun I guess XD

MORE MUSIC! WOOT!! best part of my day. thanks
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 pm

ome!
folklorn, this is AMAZING!
i loooove it!
Especially the ones by Alanis Morisette!
looooove! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:31 pm

ohmyedward wrote:
ome!
folklorn, this is AMAZING!
i loooove it!
Especially the ones by Alanis Morisette!
looooove! Very Happy
=^^=
Thank ya! I love Alanis Morisette. She was like, the queen of the 90's.
Her music is still really great, it just doesn't get as much attention. I didn't even know she had a song called orchid o_O
How cool is that?! (I love orchids)
Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Whiteem007
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I finally got to listen to the playlist and George Winston is my favorite on there. His music is just so beautiful...Great study and reading music!!!

That version of Wolf and Man is awesome too!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Fandom_United wrote:
I finally got to listen to the playlist and George Winston is my favorite on there. His music is just so beautiful...Great study and reading music!!!

That version of Wolf and Man is awesome too!!! Cool
I know what you mean.
There's just something special about his stuff. To be honest I had only herd a few of his pieces before this little project.
I didn't know playlist.com would have such a great selection. Now I think I might need to buy his CDs.

I just wish they had some steven cravis too. He's got some beautiful stuff but the only place I can find it is his website. Of course, he uses a keyboard I think so maybe people don't take him as seriously.

I wonder if Rob has herd George's stuff?
Wouldn't you just die if he had played something like "holly and ivy" in the movie. *drool*

side note: I almost want to send taylor that version of wolf and man. He should listen to it...but I think he would be freaked out if I sent it to him! XD
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Folklorn wrote:
side note: I almost want to send taylor that version of wolf and man. He should listen to it...but I think he would be freaked out if I sent it to him! XD

hahahaha!
actually, i can TOTALLY see him rocking out to that!
he'd open it & be all, "this is my jam!"
complete with air guitars and everything!
bahaha ;D

i girl can dream :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 pm

ohmyedward wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

hahahaha!
bahaha ;D

That would be so full of win!
OH OH OH! It should be playing in the garage when bella first goes to see jacob! I would shiver in my seat.
epic taylor is epic pirat
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Folklorn wrote:
ohmyedward wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

hahahaha!
bahaha ;D

That would be so full of win!
OH OH OH! It should be playing in the garage when bella first goes to see jacob! I would shiver in my seat.
epic taylor is epic pirat

OH MY GOSH!
Watch that actually show up in the movie!
That would be freaking SWEEEET!
i'd totally run home after and pm you saying, "WE PREDICTED ITTTT!!!"
;DDD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:09 am

Now chris just HAS to put it in the movie.
That way we can be all bad ass about it. ^^

I'm interested in what the score for new moon will be like. I hope it's more creative.
Twilight was good but it was nearly all the same melody with minor changes. Not super cool.
I wanted character themes too but we never got em.
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:21 pm

yeah, i thought the songs on the score sounded the same. lol.
hopefully chris will choose stuff that will really capture the new moon vibe. ;]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({   Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Create your own twilight playlist })first one finished!({
Page 1 of 1