Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EmmettsTeddie
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
EmmettsTeddie

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-20

my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Empty
PostSubject: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Ok so my mom saw New Moon a second time and we were talking about it afterwards and she brought up the fact that Bella isnt affected by Edward's and Aro's powers but Jasper's powers can. She wants to know how thats possible. I thought i could explain it to her but i tried and epically failed! Is there an answer to it?
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:23 pm

I find it kind of like this She blocks many of the things connected to her mind not her heart could that possibly be why it is different. I was also wondering about this question I really hope that you guys have some kind of answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I forgot what book it was in, but it says that Bella can only block powers that have to do with her mind. Anything physical affects her. Like, Alice sees Bella in the future, but she doesn't see the thoughts that motivated that decision. And Jasper actually physically calms a person (slowing and raising heart rate, stuff like that). But stuff like Jane who makes a person think they're in pain and Aro's mind reading are all mental things that Bella blocks. Hope that helps!

Dana Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
PewterWolf13
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Didn't Stephenie explain this? With Edward's, Aro's and Jane's pains, it affects the mind (Hearing thoughts and making you believe you're in pain) and Bella has a block against that.

But, Jasper's and Alice powers don't affect her mind. They effect Bella's body or a decision once it has been made and the outcome of it which, again, is outside Bella's head. It's in the real world.

I think I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read it or heard it somewhere. If I'm wrong, could you let me know?
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm

DanaBug wrote:
I forgot what book it was in, but it says that Bella can only block powers that have to do with her mind. Anything physical affects her. Like, Alice sees Bella in the future, but she doesn't see the thoughts that motivated that decision. And Jasper actually physically calms a person (slowing and raising heart rate, stuff like that). But stuff like Jane who makes a person think they're in pain and Aro's mind reading are all mental things that Bella blocks. Hope that helps!

Dana Smile

Good answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol   my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my mom is just plain confused! and me too kinda!! lol
Page 1 of 1