Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Host is going to be a movie!!

Go down 
+5
teamedwardjacobaddict
KimberLeAnn
Dazzled_By_Edward
QuoteGirl
GlitchInMyBrain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

The Host is going to be a movie!! Empty
PostSubject: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:35 pm

September 23, 2009
Hey guys, great news! The Host is on its way to the big screen:
Variety.com: "Twilight's Meyer..."
I'm so excited to be working with Nick Weschler, and Steve and Paula Mae Schwartz to bring The Host to a visual format. They've all been a dream to work with, so lovely and collaborative, and I feel like we're in a really good place to make a great movie together. And then to have Andrew Niccol writing and directing? Truly awesome. If you've never seen Gattaca, go watch it now. One of my favorite movies of all time. It's such a great example of character driven science fiction, which is ideal for The Host, no? I'm having an absolute blast imagining different dream casts, which I would post if people didn't take my silly blogs so seriously these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the cast lists you come up with in the fansite forums, and if any of them match mine.
So, very exciting. Yay Host!
XO
Steph

directly from stepheniemeyer.com!

so who wil this forum choose as a dream cast? perhaps stephenie will read it!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Awesome news! I guess this means I have to start reading the book now - though I have had it for months. Very Happy
Bad Twilighter, Bad. lol!
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm really excited (I finally read the book literally only a month ago) but I don't really get how it will work as a movie.

- Most of the important dialogue takes place in Wanda/Melanie heads, so being a movie, we would miss out on that. Unless they do a voice-over, which could work. (This same problem is going to occur for the Hunger Games movie)
- How are they going to have their eyes flash? It sounds simple I guess, but I am still not sure how they are going to do it...
- The soul with out a body I am a bit worried about, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Something else to look forward to in the next two years or so!
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:05 pm

QuoteGirl wrote:

- Most of the important dialogue takes place in Wanda/Melanie heads, so being a movie, we would miss out on that. Unless they do a voice-over, which could work. (This same problem is going to occur for the Hunger Games movie)

This was what I was worried about as well. I don't know how much I would like to hear in voice over.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 pm

QuoteGirl wrote:
I'm really excited (I finally read the book literally only a month ago) but I don't really get how it will work as a movie.

- How are they going to have their eyes flash? It sounds simple I guess, but I am still not sure how they are going to do it...
- The soul with out a body I am a bit worried about, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Something else to look forward to in the next two years or so!

what?! a hunger games movie!? this is news to me! where can i get more info on it?
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Um, I googled it.
Back to top Go down
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
KimberLeAnn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:06 am

I love The Host...it might just be my favorite Steph Meyer book....maybe.

And The Hunger Games movie will be out 2011. I am so stocked for that one.

Oh and Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr is going to be a movie as well.
Back to top Go down
teamedwardjacobaddict
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamedwardjacobaddict

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

I can't wait to see how they bring The Host to live. I love this book. I am not sure who I would cast in it yet. I had them all pictured in my head but I am not sure who would be them. I did think of Casey and Ben Affleck because I saw where Stephenie Meyer had said something about them. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us and how they will do Wanda and Melanie.
Back to top Go down
scottishtwilightfan
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
scottishtwilightfan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

the host and hunger games movie!!!!!!!
FTW The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_eek The Host is going to be a movie!! Drunken_smilie The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
ImaFanpire
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ImaFanpire

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm so excited! the Host is one of my favorite books, and to tell you the truth I might even like it more than Twilight... oops. Smile YAY!
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:21 pm

what the french toast i knew the host was going to be a movie but all of a sudden all the books i seem to love are being picked up yay as for dream cast i will have to think about it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:01 pm

The Giver, The Host, Hunger Games, Breaking Dawn, and Deathly Hallows P II?
Seriously 2011 will be year of the movie!
Back to top Go down
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
KimberLeAnn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 am

Sarahlovestwilight wrote:
The Giver, The Host, Hunger Games, Breaking Dawn, and Deathly Hallows P II?
Seriously 2011 will be year of the movie!

What the frickin frack?! The Giver! YES! I loved that book when I was younger! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And honestly I am going to try to audition for Hunger Games...maybe even The Host. Not to mention my soul sister's book Wicked Lovely (I know alot of people here probably don't like it but it's my friend Melissa's book)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Host is going to be a movie!!   The Host is going to be a movie!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Host is going to be a movie!!
Page 1 of 1