Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remake of the Twilight movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eliza B

Remake of the Twilight movie Empty
PostSubject: Remake of the Twilight movie   Remake of the Twilight movie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

I had a dream the other night that I was watching the meadow scene in a Twilight movie, but the actors were not known to me and the scenery was different than the Summit movie. When I woke up, I realized that I had been watching a remade version of the movie where they had actually included all the key scenes in the book and tried to stay true to Stephenie's actual dialog.

I know we have at least 3 more Summit movies to go...but do you think this will ever happen and would you support a remake?

I ask this while thinking of the movies made by A&E for all of Jane Austen's books (i.e. A&E's Pride and Prejudice vs. say, the Keira Knightley version).

When I first read the Twilight series, I actually thought it would make a good TV show or TV miniseries (as long as they didn't try to add extra plot lines for added excitement--can't they ever realize that bestselling books are "bestselling" for a reason!?).

Any thoughts on that idea?

Footnote: I did actually like the Summit Twilight movie for what it was, but even the scenes I like rarely take me back to Stephenie's Forks.
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Remake of the Twilight movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remake of the Twilight movie   Remake of the Twilight movie Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm

I think that in twenty or thirty years from now perhaps. They probably will do that for the Harry Potter movies as well. Since Twilight, and I am using HP as a comparison are the new "classics" I think that in the future we can hopefully count on a new version. But that will be a long time from now. Just like they remade Narnia (the original version was on TV in 1967 [No, I did not know that off the top of my head - I googled it]).

Speaking for someone who did not enjoy the film, I think it would be very interesting to see a remake.
Back to top Go down

Remake of the Twilight movie
Page 1 of 1