Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading) Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading)   Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:44 pm

So this thread serves an interesting purpose. I know a lot of us had ideas about our ideal Edward before the movie cast was decided upon. I'm not talking about what actors we wanted for the parts, I mean many of us likely had some image in our heads of our favorite characters. This obviously lead to the issues when Rob was first cast. Well, I thought it might be fun to show you guys why I personally had no problem with Rob's casting. In particular, because of the person who I had in my head as Edward. It's a little shocking for reasons you'll likely understand in a moment.

First the information-
When I imagined Edward the first thing i pictured was his voice. That's pretty normal for me. anyway, being a huge anime nerd at the time of course my knowledge of voice actors was/is above average. Top that off with the fact that one of my favorite VA's (voice actors) plays the most bad ass vampire EVER! And you understand why he is my rough copy of Edward.

Crispin freeman is his name and by god, he has THE Edward voice. Yes, Rob has a sexy voice but if you've herd this man speak you know what I mean. We're talking melted butter, legs give out, velvet and chocolate people! His epic vampire role is none other than Alucard (look closely at the name) which any anime fan should know of at this point. BTW, the show is NOT for kids so keep that in mind if you get curious. Anyway "Dracula" is brought to life by Crispin amazingly well and so his voice is always what i pictured for Edward (although alucard is a shoe in for Aro even if he's animated). I never actually came up with a face for Edward though. I never do with book characters. It's always as if i know what they look like but my mind never gets a clear image. Don't know why. Anyway, moving on.

Here's an image of Crispin. See why Rob totally didn't bother me as Edward?
Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading) Crispin_freeman

I happen to think he kinda looks like Rob o_O
I have a feeling that's part of the reason I didn't have an issue with Rob to begin with.
Of course Rob is just epic anyway but we already knew that. Interesting no?

And for your hearing pleasure, here's a clip of Crispin talking in alucard's voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N65vYnuMN_A
Hellsing is primarily a british vamp anime ;D
Skip to 2:07 to hear Crispin as Alucard right after he finishes his mickey mouse impression. THEN you get to hear Ralph (brit) right next to him. He plays Walter. That's all of the clip you need to watch unless you want to hear them talk more. Its long but it was the only one I could find on youtube with both VA's in it. Enjoy!
WARNING: IT'S LOUD! Turn down your speakers.
It's safe to say hellsing is the twilight of the anime world...it's just rated R.

See why I love his voice?

Final note: Ralph Lister also has an AWESOME voice but he doesn't look like a character. He's just got a damn sexy british accent.
Back to top Go down

Pre-Twilight movie Edward-showing my nerdy side (it's worth reading)
Page 1 of 1