Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTF? Major Cast Change!

Go down 
+4
QuoteGirl
DanaBug
KimberLeAnn
Dazzled_By_Edward
8 posters
AuthorMessage

WTF? Major Cast Change! Empty
PostSubject: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Just saw this on twilightlexicon.com

This just in from Summit:

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

OMG! What the heck is going on? They are just telling us NOW! - When we are 2 weeks away from shooting! Epic fail Summit.

What do you think about this?

I really like Bryce Dallas Howard - she's an incredible actress, but as Victoria? She is going to have to step up to the plate and completely blow us away. I just hate that they are doing this in the 3rd movie - when we know that Rachelle is perfect for Victoria. Eclipse is Victoria's high point. I'm just wondering how Bryce is going to do this, without all the fans hating her.
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 pm

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!

What about our girl crushes on Rachelle? What about all that she brings to the character? What about the fact that she did the first two movies?

She was so excited for this role. I'm having a hard time believing that she signed on for another movie when all of us knew way in advanced that they would most likely be shooting the movies back to back. I'm devastated. I hate it when they do cast changes, but this is ridiculous.

I haven't watched any of Bryce's movies, so I can't really give my opinion on her other than the fact that she is not Victoria!!!

I'm going to go stare at a wall now....
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Dazzled_By_Edward wrote:

She was so excited for this role. I'm having a hard time believing that she signed on for another movie when all of us knew way in advanced that they would most likely be shooting the movies back to back. I'm devastated. I hate it when they do cast changes, but this is ridiculous.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
KimberLeAnn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:31 am

Rachelle signed to do another movie while Eclipse is filming. I hate that Rachelle isn't going to be in but she's got to do her thing I guess. D: I still respect her as an actress and more importantly as a person but I think that was a stupid move on her and her manager. I do not aprove.
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 am

Oh my God. That is...just...wow. Disappointing. (I got all my rage out a few minutes ago so I could do a coherent reply.) But, I guess there are two sides to every story and I'm sure Rachelle or Summit didn't do this for the hell of it. It was probably something she either signed on to before they knew when Eclipse is being filmed or didn't know Twilight would be such a huge hit. I'll really miss Rachelle and I hope she does well and am looking forward to see what Bryce can bring to the character. (You have no idea how hard it was for me to be diplomatic about this, I am so pissed.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:06 pm

I am super disappointed. I love Rachelle and think she is an amazing actress. Looking at it from a movie-goer-only perspective (meaning they have not read the books and are not crazy fangirls) people will get confused. They are used to seeing Rachelle as the bad vampire chick and will wonder who the heck is this new person?

I hate it when movies lose continuity, especially with actors. You get accustomed to a certain person as that character and when they change it, it loses some of the "magic" and beleivability that that person is indeed that character.

I am extremely sad to see her go, but I respect that she signed on with something else. I just wish they would be able to make it work and that perhaps she would consider Twilight her first priority.
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Rachelle has now responded to the public about the cast change.

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for ‘Eclipse,’” Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

On Tuesday, Summit announced that Bryce Dallas Howard would be taking on the role in “Eclipse,” due in May 2010.

“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,” Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.”

The star concluded her statement with a regretful tone.

“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the ‘Twilight’ audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of ‘Eclipse’ only the very best,” she said.

This really makes me hate Summit even more. IT'S TEN FREAKING DAYS. Rachelle is like the main character in this, and they are like, "Hmm, we should just recast her for TEN FREAKING DAYS!!!"

FML people FML!

How do you guys feel about Summit's stupid a** move?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 am

summit hath responded!

We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio. Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.

• Ms. Lefevre’s representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August.
  • If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.
  • It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June. Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.
  • Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production.
  • Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap. It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story.
  • The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project – which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment – makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

waddya think? does this settle it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm

GlitchInMyBrain wrote:
summit hath responded!

I really don't know who to believe anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 pm

kpattz87 wrote:
GlitchInMyBrain wrote:
summit hath responded!

You could not put it better than that.

I love Rachelle, but if what Summit is saying is true, and if what she is saying is true.... And there could as just easily be made up things on both sides with just a hint of the true story to the public. Why is it so hard to be truthful nowadays?
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:20 pm

kpattz87 wrote:
GlitchInMyBrain wrote:
summit hath responded!

I know right? We can't honestly know who is right and, while we all love Rachelle, it'd be wrong to just assume it's all Summit's fault. I am freakin' pissed that this happened, but I don't really wanna blame Summit, I'm just mad about the situation. If that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:31 am

I've been following this whole thing back and forth. I mean, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! What they're saying is completely contradictory of each other. They can't both be telling the truth. Honestly, I believe Rachelle. I can't believe that they are recasting Victoria. She was so perfect. Okay, so maybe she didn't have the flaming red hair, but if Summit was actually that picky, we would have gotten a better Bella.

I am really really really really #%%#*^!#!^ off at Summit right now. Honestly, for a while, I have been considering not seeing New Moon. I remember telling myself if Talyor wasn't Jacob, I woouldn't, but for a multitude of reasons, I'm just not sure if I even want to see it. I might be happier not seeing it, instead of seeing a horrible version on the screen. I didn't care for Twilight at all. With this piece of news, it might make it easier not seeing New Moon and Eclipse.

D**m you Summit, I really tried hard to like you.
Back to top Go down
Erikalovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Erikalovestwilight

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Right now Summit is definitely looking like the bad guy! But it's all she said, they said and who knows what the heck the truth is and who to believe! I can see both sides. Summit needs all their actors/actresses available when they need them for certain things and this new Director does not seem like he will just wait on one persons schedule and plan everyone else around it. But then I see Rachelle's side to where to probably did tell them what she was doing and it is only 10 days out of their schedule. Victoria is one of the main Characters in Eclipse, just so weird to change to a different actress for this one when Rachelle was so loved by almost all Twilight fans. I do however really like Bryce, she was awesome in Lady in the Water. I think she will do a great job as well. It's so messed up how this all came to be!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erika1975
katie cullen :]
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
katie cullen :]

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:54 pm

i.hate.my.life.
epic fail, summit.

rachelle totally iS victoria. she's exactly how i imagined her. and i DESPiSE cast changes! how could they NOT work around her schedule, SERiOUSLY! i heard it was only like ONE WEEK that overlapped the movies. REALLY, summit? REALLY!?!??!?!
Back to top Go down
sbye

PostSubject: WTF? Major Cast Change   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Ok so as I may not agree with the change I do believe that we need to support both actresses. They are both beautiful and talented. They have both worked very hard to get to where they are, so I say we should give the new Victoria a chance. She may be able to really bring it! As long as she doesnt try to hard to be Rachelle I think that it will be ok. Besides ladies if all else fails just think Summit didnt really want to kill her so they hired someone to stand in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Major Cast Change!   WTF? Major Cast Change! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF? Major Cast Change!
Page 1 of 1