Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Moon Trailer

Go down 
+8
katie cullen :]
Fandom_United
teamedwardjacobaddict
ohmyedward
failariel94
Dazzled_By_Edward
DanaBug
Jacob_imprintedonme
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-12-14

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Post your reaction videos or your general review of the New Moon trailer in this post! SHANKS!
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:21 pm

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMMMMYYYYYYY GGGGOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!! *dies* All right, I recorded myself (I'll put that up later) but I need to get my fangirl out right now!!! THHAT WAS SO FREEAKKIN AWESOME!!!!! I'll do a more coherent thing later. Gotta go!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:22 pm

OME OME OME!!!!!!!

IT WAS AMAZING.

They actually made a wolf. EEEK!!!

I loved Jasper, I was biting a pillow the whole time. I absolutly loved it.

That is my first reaction. I will probably add more the fifth or sixth time I watch it tomorrow. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
failariel94
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
failariel94

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-15

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:33 pm

OH...MY...This blew my mind to so many levels. Jacobs wolf transformation...Jasper attacking Bella...everything was just so dead on. Can not wait for November now.
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-12-21

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:36 pm

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I almost had a heart attack!!!!! THIS LOOKS SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST!!! (no offense catherine.)
likee,,, i loved everything. i liked that they showed a little of him leaving but not the whole thing. (i loved the clip of her curling up in the leaves!)
ANDD....
of course i loved how they ended it with the WEREWOLF!
pretty happy with how the cgi turned out! Very Happy
*runs to mtv to watch it again!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Okay, my first reaction was to be pissed. Not because of the trailer. I'm pissed because the awards were ruined for me by the lexicon posting EVERYTHING before it even aired for me. That kinda spoiled everything which always puts you in a bad mood you know?

Looking at the trailer I have to be honest, I think it looks like it's more professionally done. But some of the atmosphere seems lost. I think that's because i'm used to the dreary muted tones in Twilight. Different directors for sure. However, THANK GOD WE HAVE CGI WOLVES! I was SO worried we were going to see normal wolves blown up on a green screen or something like that.

Not too giddy over the change in location for that particular scene or the fact that the timeline of events seems to have been moved around a bit. But, I can deal. I'm excited but I honestly have NO IDEA how to feel based on what I've seen. I didn't pick up much from the trailer in terms of mood or anything else. I think that's the idea with Chris not wanting to give too much away...

Point blank; I have no idea.
I'm happy but unsure.

I feel like the trailer for Twilight had me feeling like I was looking at an otherworldly event where as this feels more real in a sense. So, i'm hoping that we'll still get the otherworldly feeling in the rest of the film in other scenes.

Good god, I just don't know. I'll keep rambling so I should stop. I want to see fan reactions.
Maybe that will help me make up my mind.
Back to top Go down
teamedwardjacobaddict
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamedwardjacobaddict

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-09

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm

LOVED THE TRAILER!!! Can't wait to see what more. Thank heavens for DVR already watched ten time before it got put on the internet. I am hoping it is already on I-Tunes so I can put it on my Ipod .

Taylor looked hot. When he transformed it look very cool. I like how they did it.

Rob looked hot. Can I say anything else. He always does.

Love the new look of the Cullens.

WOW!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE NEW MOON. Going to watch the trailer again.
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Just watched on line and WOW!!! I loved it. 100% loved it! The Cullens looked great. Their house was quite a bit different but it looks more like what I imagined it to look like in the books. Also, hurray for CGI and bigger budgets. Jacobs transformation was awesome...Great way to end the trailer and introduce people to the warewolves. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-12-22

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:38 pm

OME. my best friend and i were glued to the TV, and by the end with jacob exploding into a werewolf we were bouncing like no other. OMG. it was AMAZiNG!!!!!!!!!! holy crow!! :O im SOOOOO glad they showed the part with him transforming so now we can have some peace of mind! Very Happy yayyayayayayayayay im SOOOOO EXCiTED NOW!!

although i do have to say that the beginning, filled with cheese (KiSS MEEEE) was pretty.....bleh. lol i just shudder everytime i hear kristen say that & see her do that awful eyebrow thing. xD bahaha. well anyways the trailer ROCKED!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:46 pm

My first thought was similar to Amy's acceptance speech. My thoughts were not something that I could share on this forum. They sort of looked like, "HOLY #%&**($%&*#^&%$^&@^^&^@^%$&#%^*#$%^@#^&#$&%@$^!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay, I'm going to try and talk about everything, so this is going to be a veeery long post. Brace yourselves:

First things first, Taylor Lautner is so hot. There isn't a big age difference between us, and he (sorry Rob fans) is so much hotter than Rob, in my humble opinion. That jacket made me want to jump through the television screen and eat him up, vampire style!

Back to the trailer, I have a lot of mixed emotions about it. If any of you have a life, you wouldn't notice, but I've been going on the forums less, and I haven't been at the live chats. (though to be fair, my schedule hasn't let me). My Twilight obsession seems to be slowly dying. I don't love the books any less, but the more time goes by, the less I like the movie. I mean, what you see in your head can never be duplicated on the screen, so whenever I see a book to movie adaptation, I walk out dazed. Seeing what you've only seen in your head is incredible, but it feels different because it looks different and the script is different and the characters are different. Also, with the Taylor Lautner drama (with not coming back) and the replacement of Catherine (I never liked her, but I loved her enthusiasm. I also loved having a female director) my love has not been with New Moon. I hope that that will change, but let's say if Twilight was a lot smaller and I wouldn't be reminded of it everywhere, I might not see the movie at all.

Okay, I'm sorry that was long, but that thought was sort of necessary for my interpretation. (If I seem even more long-winded than usual, blame Stephen King. I just finished his book, On Writing, in which he goes on about a trillion tangents, and when I read something, what I write sounds like that, so I apologize!)

Back to the trailer, again, I found the feel of it rather...I guess the only way to say it would be different. There wasn't the magic. There wasn't the feel of wonder. It immediately went into the story.

I thought they showed way too much. I expect to not see a lot of the stuff they showed (werewolves, Edward leaving, the Jasper attack) for a while and then they just show it all at once. It felt like they were playing poker and just showed everybody all of their cards except for the Volturi, which, I suppose, is their trump card.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm dissapointed with a lot of what they showed. It was Kristen being stone-faced, as usual. There was Rob, who seemed really "out there". It felt like he was walking around on Pluto instead of talking with Kristen.

The Birthday Scene: I did not want to see so much of it. Summit, that was the one scene that I was most looking forward to because of my love for the Cullens, and already, I have seen a large portion. Stupid Summit! I liked the way the house was decorated, though it seemed to look different from the first movie, or maybe that was just me.

I thought that it was really weird that when Bella gets a paper cut, she says something I can't remember, but it just seemed out of place. I think she announces that she has a paper cut or something like that, and it just sounded off. As for Jasper's attack, I hope they change/fix that. That wasn't scary or terrifying. I was more worried that Jackson's hair would change back to its original color, than getting to Bella. The way it was shown in slow motion was a little out of place. I always imagined it happening so quickly that Bella would have to awake and ask Carlisle what the ^&*$^#(^&*%%$ happened. (that would also put a little Carlisle in there, something I would LOVE)

The Leaving Scene: It was obviously just a small piece, but Kristen's face looked exactly the way it usually does. The whole thing we saw seemed wooden.

(As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if anybody on Earth would actually read this ridiculously long, rambling piece of words strung together. If you've made it this far, congratulations, but I'm not done yet!)

Werewolves: I think we all can agree that Taylor is hot, so I think that he (and the rest of the pack) will make any scene they're in, but I didn't like the wolves. I must sound so fussy, but I don't like them at all. I sort of imagined them as real wolves, but I never really had a clear picture in my mind, so I don't think it would be that difficult to please me, but I can say for sure that I did not imagine them like that.

They sort of remind me of Aslan in the Chronicles of Narnia. He looks real, but there's a sense of animation that doesn't leave. I mean, it looks too CGI-ed. It doesn't blend in, like it's actually there. The only thing I'm hoping is that this isn't the final way it's going to look. The fight scene wasn't nearly done when it premiered last year, so I'll pray they don't look so cartoon-ish in the film.

I can't think of anything else that was shown, so here are my closing comments to this post so long I should probably be arrested:

Even though I don't care for a lot of the stuff I saw, it got me excited. I got gymnasts in my stomach that had nothing to do with how hungry I was. I was screaming; I was almost crying, just because I was seeing it. Even though it doesn't really feel like the first one (the magic) it got my heart racing and my eyes eagerly eating up any bones they want to throw at the fans. I don't know how this trailer represents the film, but I hope that it represents the feel of it pretty well.

By the way, did anyone notice the music in it? Was there music? I didn't notice any, but I may have been a teensy bit distracted.

Okay, I'm finally done. I can finally go to bed, get about six hours of sleep, and face my two quizzes I'm not ready for tomorrow.

If you've made it to the end, congratulations. If I had a hat on, I would surely take it off to you.

lol!
Back to top Go down

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:06 pm

Missy Skywalker wrote:
My first thought was similar to Amy's acceptance speech. My thoughts were not something that I could share on this forum. They sort of looked like, "HOLY #%&**($%&*#^&%$^&@^^&^@^%$&#%^*#$%^@#^&#$&%@$^!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay, I'm going to try and talk about everything, so this is going to be a veeery long post. Brace yourselves:

First things first, Taylor Lautner is so hot. There isn't a big age difference between us, and he (sorry Rob fans) is so much hotter than Rob, in my humble opinion. That jacket made me want to jump through the television screen and eat him up, vampire style!

Back to the trailer, I have a lot of mixed emotions about it. If any of you have a life, you wouldn't notice, but I've been going on the forums less, and I haven't been at the live chats. (though to be fair, my schedule hasn't let me).My Twilight obsession seems to be slowly dying. I don't love the books any less, but the more time goes by, the less I like the movie. I mean, what you see in your head can never be duplicated on the screen, so whenever I see a book to movie adaptation, I walk out dazed. Seeing what you've only seen in your head is incredible, but it feels different because it looks different and the script is different and the characters are different. Also, with the Taylor Lautner drama (with not coming back) and the replacement of Catherine (I never liked her, but I loved her enthusiasm. I also loved having a female director) my love has not been with New Moon. I hope that that will change, but let's say if Twilight was a lot smaller and I wouldn't be reminded of it everywhere, I might not see the movie at all.

Okay, I'm sorry that was long, but that thought was sort of necessary for my interpretation. (If I seem even more long-winded than usual, blame Stephen King. I just finished his book, On Writing, in which he goes on about a trillion tangents, and when I read something, what I write sounds like that, so I apologize!)

Back to the trailer, again, I found the feel of it rather...I guess the only way to say it would be different. There wasn't the magic. There wasn't the feel of wonder. It immediately went into the story.

I thought they showed way too much. I expect to not see a lot of the stuff they showed (werewolves, Edward leaving, the Jasper attack) for a while and then they just show it all at once. It felt like they were playing poker and just showed everybody all of their cards except for the Volturi, which, I suppose, is their trump card.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm dissapointed with a lot of what they showed. It was Kristen being stone-faced, as usual. There was Rob, who seemed really "out there". It felt like he was walking around on Pluto instead of talking with Kristen.

The Birthday Scene: I did not want to see so much of it. Summit, that was the one scene that I was most looking forward to because of my love for the Cullens, and already, I have seen a large portion. Stupid Summit! I liked the way the house was decorated, though it seemed to look different from the first movie, or maybe that was just me.

I thought that it was really weird that when Bella gets a paper cut, she says something I can't remember, but it just seemed out of place. I think she announces that she has a paper cut or something like that, and it just sounded off. As for Jasper's attack, I hope they change/fix that. That wasn't scary or terrifying. I was more worried that Jackson's hair would change back to its original color, than getting to Bella. The way it was shown in slow motion was a little out of place. I always imagined it happening so quickly that Bella would have to awake and ask Carlisle what the ^&*$^#(^&*%%$ happened. (that would also put a little Carlisle in there, something I would LOVE)

The Leaving Scene: It was obviously just a small piece, but Kristen's face looked exactly the way it usually does. The whole thing we saw seemed wooden.

(As I'm writing this, I'm wondering if anybody on Earth would actually read this ridiculously long, rambling piece of words strung together. If you've made it this far, congratulations, but I'm not done yet!)

Werewolves: I think we all can agree that Taylor is hot, so I think that he (and the rest of the pack) will make any scene they're in, but I didn't like the wolves. I must sound so fussy, but I don't like them at all. I sort of imagined them as real wolves, but I never really had a clear picture in my mind, so I don't think it would be that difficult to please me, but I can say for sure that I did not imagine them like that.

They sort of remind me of Aslan in the Chronicles of Narnia. He looks real, but there's a sense of animation that doesn't leave. I mean, it looks too CGI-ed. It doesn't blend in, like it's actually there. The only thing I'm hoping is that this isn't the final way it's going to look. The fight scene wasn't nearly done when it premiered last year, so I'll pray they don't look so cartoon-ish in the film.

I can't think of anything else that was shown, so here are my closing comments to this post so long I should probably be arrested:

Even though I don't care for a lot of the stuff I saw, it got me excited. I got gymnasts in my stomach that had nothing to do with how hungry I was. I was screaming; I was almost crying, just because I was seeing it. Even though it doesn't really feel like the first one (the magic) it got my heart racing and my eyes eagerly eating up any bones they want to throw at the fans. I don't know how this trailer represents the film, but I hope that it represents the feel of it pretty well.

By the way, did anyone notice the music in it? Was there music? I didn't notice any, but I may have been a teensy bit distracted.

Okay, I'm finally done. I can finally go to bed, get about six hours of sleep, and face my two quizzes I'm not ready for tomorrow.

If you've made it to the end, congratulations. If I had a hat on, I would surely take it off to you.

lol!
BHAHAHAHAHA my enthusiasm for twilight hasn't dulled in the least but a LOT of the things you pointed out bothered me too. We seem to think alike a LOT.
Not even kidding, nearly everything you brought up was on my mind. That includes THE MAGIC. I felt like something was off too. I'm still going to give it a chance (even if jake was a rather lightly colored wolf) but I don't think this was a finished trailer either. I kinda hope it wasn't.

The music was nearly not there, and the atmosphere wasn't there. I want to say it seemed to be missing the mood lighting of sorts but i don't know the technical terms. I think you know what I mean though. apparently we seem to be the pessimists of the group.

Didn't expect that from myself.
(THE EYEBROW!)

ahem...then again, i don't like this book either so...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Doing what I promised last night, I am giving you guys my views on the trailer, (If anybody wants to read it or cares) so here it goes. My play by play on the MTV Movie Awards New Moon Trailer.

Kissing Scene:
The Good: Rob looks like a very stoic Edward and the Kiss looks better than the last one.
The Bad: The stupid eyebrow arch done by Kristin. Ugh.

The Birthday Scene:
The Good: This is neither good or bad but, the beginning is kind of weird, Edward telling Bella at her party that he only lives for her, but I guess it is just to get the movie rolling, I understand. Esme is very loving like she would be. Alice does go all out for the party. I mean, did you see the cake. I am happy it is not all pink too, I might of had to hurl. lol. Anyway, to continue, Jasper running at Bella was awesome. I don't think in the movie they will make it slow motion, at least I hope not, so I am excited for that. And then Edward slamming Jasper into his piano was crazy. I think that was a good move, just making it a little more crazier for the people who haven't read the books. It was awesome him slamming Bella back too, but I have something to say about that in the bad.
The Bad: The way Bella flings the present when she gets her paper cut, and then her stating, "ow, paper cut" in the most nonchalant way. The way Edward pushes Bella seems like it would knock her through the wall. I would think he would need to give a more gentler looking push to her because of his strength. His whole thing is that she is too fragile, and that push just seemed too hard.

The Leaving Scene:
The Good: Them keeping to the book well. "What happened with Jasper was nothing." The kiss on the forehead, just like Edward. Bella curled into a ball.
The Bad: This isn't really that "bad," but (sorry Rob) Edward's face just looks too pained. The whole time Bella is hearing this, his face should be stoic and hard.

The Laurant and Transformation Scenes:
The Good: Laurant. Epecially his eyes. Kristin seems to play Bella pretty well in this scene too. I liked how they crossed these scenes to make it all look like one. It will throw the people who haven't read the books off to make it look like Bella knows, but she really doesn't. The transformation was pretty amazing, but that is one of the easiest they can do. I want to see them change a member of the pack that is just standing there. I am also impressed that they already made a wolf in cgi. I understand that it is CGI and that it will be a little cartoonish, but I am okay with it. Considering that, it is exactly the way I pictured it, other than Jacob's fur didn't have as much white in it. I pictured him to be all reddish-brown. Hmmm... I just noticed that Jacob's fur color and Edward's hair is kind of the same color. Oops, sorry for getting sidetracked.
The Bad: The "Meadow" is dead grass. It looks stupid. I mean, where is the green that was all over the place in Twilight? Oh yeah, in Portland, not in Vancouver apparently.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the result. I wished they didn't show so much of the birthday scene because I wanted Jasper attacking to be more of a surprise, but I understand they are trying to draw the people that haven't read the books, but saw the first movie, (or I am assuming that's why they did it). I was trying to keep my hopes down just in case the movie isn't all that great, but Summit is making it really hard. And though I do like Edward more, I have to admit Jacob was freakin awesome!!!

Congrats if you made it this far. I am basically out of school and have nothing better to do than give my opinions. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Folklorn wrote:
BHAHAHAHAHA my enthusiasm for twilight hasn't dulled in the least but a LOT of the things you pointed out bothered me too. We seem to think alike a LOT.
Not even kidding, nearly everything you brought up was on my mind. That includes THE MAGIC. I felt like something was off too. I'm still going to give it a chance (even if jake was a rather lightly colored wolf) but I don't think this was a finished trailer either. I kinda hope it wasn't.

The music was nearly not there, and the atmosphere wasn't there. I want to say it seemed to be missing the mood lighting of sorts but i don't know the technical terms. I think you know what I mean though. apparently we seem to be the pessimists of the group.

Didn't expect that from myself.
(THE EYEBROW!)

ahem...then again, i don't like this book either so...yeah.

Go pessimists! (That sounded very un-pessimistic)

I'm glad that there's somebody on this planet who agrees with me. I think a lot of people will fawn over the trailer, no matter what, but I like making sure I know what I'm fawning over before I start fawning.

I'm still hoping for a good movie, even if I'm not sure I love what I see yet. New Moon is my least favorite book too, so I don't know what that will mean. Maybe I'll like it less because I'm not a big fan or maybe I'll like it more because I'm not in love with it as much, so I won't expect much. Twilight is my favorite book, and in the Harry Potter movies, my favorite book, Prisoner of Azkaban, was my favorite movie, so I don't know what will happen.

If they clean up the trailer and change a few of the things in it, I think it looks...I'm tryng to think of the right word. I guess decent is the only thing that comes to mind.

Oh, by the way, I'm glad your enthusiasm hasn't died, Folklorn, I wish I was more excited.

(I'm not sure if that made any sense. If it didn't, please just smile and nod. I'm sort of insane right now. I mean really off my rocker.)
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I still don't feel sane enough to post an actual full out review. Quite frankly, I don't think I can top what's been posted before me *coughMISSYSKYWALKERcough*. BUT, there was something that I noticed from watching it a million and one times that I thought I might point out. Maybe my eyes are just whacked out, but when Bella is talking to Laurent it seems that she has a different outfit on then when Jacob morphs and attacks. When she's talking she has this grayish-greenish jacket and orange backpack on and when she turns to run you see her with a brown jacket and no backpack. Plus, as she's running the grass looks green instead of dead. I know things are taken out of context ALL the time in movies. But if that clip isn't Jacob saving Bella from Laurent (and weren't there more werewolves with him when that happened?), what is he saving her from? Is it the Paul scene? What do you guys think?

Also, I agree with what MissySkywalker said about the wolves looking a bit cartoonish. But, I mean, their werewolves, there aren't many ways for them to look natural. And frankly, I'm glad that they spent time on making them look nice, so I'm not gonna fret too much.
I also liked how they made Laurent paler than in Twilight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
teamedwardjacobaddict
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamedwardjacobaddict

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-09

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:55 pm

DanaBug wrote:
I still don't feel sane enough to post an actual full out review. Quite frankly, I don't think I can top what's been posted before me *coughMISSYSKYWALKERcough*. BUT, there was something that I noticed from watching it a million and one times that I thought I might point out. Maybe my eyes are just whacked out, but when Bella is talking to Laurent it seems that she has a different outfit on then when Jacob morphs and attacks. When she's talking she has this grayish-greenish jacket and orange backpack on and when she turns to run you see her with a brown jacket and no backpack. Plus, as she's running the grass looks green instead of dead. I know things are taken out of context ALL the time in movies. But if that clip isn't Jacob saving Bella from Laurent (and weren't there more werewolves with him when that happened?), what is he saving her from? Is it the Paul scene? What do you guys think?

Also, I agree with what MissySkywalker said about the wolves looking a bit cartoonish. But, I mean, their werewolves, there aren't many ways for them to look natural. And frankly, I'm glad that they spent time on making them look nice, so I'm not gonna fret too much.
I also liked how they made Laurent paler than in Twilight.

I noticed the same thing that Bella is where a different outfit. She doesn't have the backpack anymore either. I just watched a Taylor video after he watch the trailer and he says that the part where he transforms is will Paul is going to attack her. I keep watching it trying to figure that out too. But here is a link to the video that Taylor did.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/396829/taylor-lautner-reacts-to-watching-the-new-moon-trailer.jhtml#id=1612960
Back to top Go down

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:19 pm

WooHoo! Time for Folk-babble!
I'm tackling everything we've been talking about in the trailer, let me know if I miss anything.

So, apparently the editors didn't know just how eagle-eyed fans are. I don't think it's a mistake, or anything along those lines, that bella is in two different outfits. I believe the trailer is made up of a LOT of much smaller pieces of the film. I think it's possible that when bella is being threatened and the scene where jake changes are at two different points in the film. The first being before she knows about his were side, the other being at some point afterwards. I can't pinpoint when the second scene takes place but i'd wager it's in reaction to the wolf brawl bella witnesses for the first time on the rez. I think they moved the scene closer to Jake's house to cut back on plot points that they may have decided to cut.
I can't tell you for sure because I literally haven't read new moon again since the first time.
I don't hate jake but I LOVE Edward so this book hurt me...

moving on.
The wolf color/design.
I can't honestly say why they might have chosen such a bronze (yes, i thought of the parallel between Edward too) color for his coat.
It's possibly that they didn't pay too much attention to the descriptions of each wolf and the got confused. To be fair, steph wasn't very clear AT ALL about who looks like what. We DO know that jake should be a dark brown so I have no idea what the deal is but I expected something like this.
New Moon Trailer 1136193571brownwolf
perhaps a little more red in the fur but you get the idea.

I think the cartoonish look is due to the CGI being unfinished. I think they might have worked on this shot to get it close enough to show but if you look closely at his legs in wolf form you can see that there is very little visible hair on the pale parts of his legs. I don't think they had finished adding in the details yet.

As for the body type, I still always pictured were's with the more traditional body types but again, steph left that up to imagination.
For the record mine are more like the beasts you see at deviantart. Goldenwolf is a good example.
http://www.goldenwolfen.com/artwork/wolfpeople.html

yeah, awesome stuff.

eyebrow...nuff said.

Birthday scene. I imagined more foof and alice doesn't seem as bubbly as I was expecting but I can deal. I think the scenes of the birthday are out of order and that's why we are confused. They seemed to have built the trailer to make sure non fans saw something to draw them in but it's confusing for those of us who know the timeline. XD

The only thing i can gather for the meadow is, they either cut it completely and moved that scene somewhere else...or the meadow "died" when Edward left. You know, to help drive home bella's feelings on the matter. A little corny if that's what they did but as long as I get to see THE REAL MEADOW at some point within the films, i can forgive.

This is snarky but i like how you can totally tell they're not in forks or anywhere near it. <<
In winter foliage does die but in a place like forks, made of evergreens, things don't ever get THAT wiped out. *bee alert*
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh my Edward Cullen.

When they first played the spoof, I was almost in tears because I thought they were kidding and it really was a big prank they made up for the awards. (Compared to other things that night, it did not seem so unlikely). I mean, would they really give us a clip before filming was even over?

I have never been so wrong in my life and I loved every freaking minute of it.

Kissing with a Breaking Dawn Edge: Kristen actually does a pretty good job of sounding desperate, but who knows when this will actually play? I am pretty sure after the Cullens' house, but I can only speculate. The acting and scene seemed okay, but it will come down to how it plays out in the scheme of the movie.

Bella's Not-So-Happy-Birthday: Ashley, with the "It's time!" sounded so perky and unbelievably Alice, I actually felt like it was her. When Elizabeth hugged Kristen, I noticed that they changed her hair. Dramatically. I prefer her style in Twilight, it seemed more Esme-like, but maybe the straightened locks were only for Bella's party. The dialogue seemed good, and the acting was excellent.
(SCREAM!) Jackson and Rob were amazing. I felt the tension and literally stopped breathing when I saw this (The first and ninth times). When Jackson crashed into the piano, it was some of the best special effects I have yet seen in Twilight and the trailer. And Kristen was not too bad with her facial expression at the end.

Chapter Three - The End: Is Kristen wearing her first day at Forks High School outfit? I think so. Rob did an excellent job portraying how I thought Edward would have delivered those lines. I do think though he seemed more in pain than expressionless. In the book, what makes it believable to Bella that Edward does not love her is how he says goodbye. In this clip, he has more emotion. Due to Stephenie's writing, I got the image that he looked like a statue that was speaking. (Maybe I am the only one...)

Cuddling with the Dirt: I thought that Kristen did not seem like her life was over. "Love. Life. Meaning, over." She just looked like she was lying on the ground getting ready to take a nap.

Snack Time - Part Two: Having the meadow looking dead was an interesting twist. I think I got what they were trying to do; make it seem like the meadow died when Edward left. To have the meadow represent Bella's heart. Edi's preformance was not the greatest I have seen from him, but it was okay. Kristen needs to change her facial expressions, though.

Oh. My. Werewolf: (SCREAM!) The first time I saw this, I was in shock. Did Taylor just phase? Oh, my Edward! I actually thought he looked like a chipmunk. (It was late, I was tired and extremely high on adrenilene. I do not need to ride motorcycles or jump off cliffs; I just need Jacob Black turning into a werewolf. Pure awesomeness.) After the third or fifth time I watched it though (I know, I know. Once Sunday, six times Monday, and twice today.) I felt actually like they were doing a good job. Jake did not look how I expected him to, although it was not a chipmunk either. The animation is obviously fake, but Taylor looks really hot as a wolf.

What they gave us was so much more than I expected. Compared to the Half-Blood Prince, which we have seen almost everything in a trailer already, this was MASSIVE. Summit has made me proud to be a Twilighter. It truly was a trailer, although it needs to be cleaned up in some places. I was thinking we were going to get maybe thirty seconds of the party or a minute hanging out with Taylor and Kristen in the garage. I never dreamed (Well, maybe subconsciously) that we would get part of the party, a portion of the goodbye scene, the meadow and never, ever, ever, did I think we would see a werewolf. I assumed they would keep that until November 20th. All in all, I am a bit concerned with how the acting and some effects are going, but I still cannot wait (170 more days!) SCREAM!

I agree that the magic seems lost. In Twilight, we saw this kind of sci-fi-ness that made it seem like it was more out of the ordinary than it already was. With the music and the look on screen, it really felt special.

I hated the Twilight movie. Well, not hate, but no one can even watch it with me anymore. After four times, I still cannot stand it. It seemed ridiculous and too-fast paced, and the acting was off... Every time I watch it I feel like I am watching this interesting movie that I will forget about in a little bit. It is okay to watch, but not something I am in love with. But, it is Twilight. Comparing the book to movie, I do not even feel like I am seeing the pages that I hold so dear. Is this really what I love an obsess over? Is that what Bella really looks like? In my mind, I still see my own version of everything. I am so glad that no matter how many times I have seen it, I still can hold my own pictures in my head. When I think of Bella, I do not see Kristen, and for that I am grateful. Same goes to other characters (emphasis Charlie, Carlisle, Jasper, Eric, Tyler, Angela, Jessica, and Mike).

New Moon is my favorite book in the whole world. I have read it over twelve times and still love it. If they screw up Twilight and Eclipse, and even Breaking Dawn, I will not care as much. New Moon is the one thing I love, and the trailer is slightly killing me. It does not look as I imagined it. The Cullens seem different, when I know in reality (or fiction-ality? book-ality?) they should look completely unchanged. The transformation still hurts, and the meadow nearly killed me. Is this really what I love? My absolute favorite book? The magic cannot be lost, because I know it is in the book and in my heart. (Wow, that sounds corny, huh? Jake is not the only one who can make sentimental statements. "I'm always there for you, Bella. I'll never, ever, hurt you." [Sorry if it is a bit off, I am doing it from memory here.])

New Moon has to come out right. This is the most pivotal novel in the saga. If this cannot come out okay, the rest is screwed. It may have not started off on the best foot, but Chris needs to step it up to create the enchantment that is New Moon.

If you read all of my rambling, wow. Bless your soul and may you find your own Edward or Jacob if you have not already.
Back to top Go down
Erikalovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Erikalovestwilight

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-28

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:58 pm

I thought it was awesome as well but I do have my concerns just like you guys! It didn't have that Twilight feel but I knew to expect it to feel BIG BUDGET and it really did. I'm also thinking they really were not ready to put that clip out and just kinda threw the 3 big scenes to catch all of our attention and get us excited but I'm thinking they are out of sequence, at least I'm hoping. I was waiting for the "as if I never existed" and instead he says "you'll never see me again". I hope that's not really how that part ends. I don't know, this still leaves everything up in the air and I can't wait for another trailer to come out! They definitely needed some music added in but they haven't even added music in yet. So it was totally a teaser! Yada yada yada
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erika1975
teamjacob112410
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamjacob112410

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-12

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:00 pm

I thought the trailer was amazing!!!!
The trailer did spoil a lot like the wolf and the birthday with Jasper.
Despite these things I thought Laurent really closed the deal for me.
Also, I know most of you guys might disagree with this but, I thought K-stew's performance when Edward leaves is pretty amazing and she obviously got to show off her talent very well.

Thanks I love everyone!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by teamjacob112410 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small mistake)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Moon Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Moon Trailer   New Moon Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Moon Trailer
Page 1 of 1