Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some things you thought...

Go down 
+8
jjfudd123
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
jacobsbella2011
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Resisting the wine
SurrepTRIXus
Sarahlovestwilight
ladyandthevamp
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

What are some things you thought... Empty
PostSubject: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:59 pm

What are some things that you thought would happen, but didn't? Do you wish that would have happened?
Back to top Go down
Sarahlovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Sarahlovestwilight

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 pm

Somthing i wish didn't happen is Jacob tricking Bella in to kissing him.
Though the awesome beyond belief stuff, like Jasper's story, evens things out.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:50 am

yeah the whole jake kissing bella was funny but it kinda got me mad at him. I loved how we got some back history on more of the Cullens/ hales
Back to top Go down
SurrepTRIXus
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SurrepTRIXus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:11 am

I didn't like that the proposal was pretty anti-climactic. All of us, I think, are so used to the big, elaborate proposal, and that just didn't happen. It was also hard for me to be excited about the fact that they were getting married for a couple of reasons.

First, Bella wasn't excited. In fact, she was dead set against it! How can we, as readers, be happy or excited about something when our narrator is not?

Also, it's hard to get excited about something happy like that, when Bella was in the middle of trying to get Edward to undress her. I know we all thought it! We were all like "No way! Is it really going to happen now? Are they really going to DO it?" And then we completely switch gears and Edward gets all bizarrely moral.

Stupid, unreliable vampire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4464489/1/<b>Fixing<_b>_<b>Dusk<_b>
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:11 pm

since when did vampires have morals?
Back to top Go down
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:42 pm

You know I actually liked the proposal. To me that was pretty real. It was like how a couple might really discuss getting married. But, I thought the whole Bella not wanting to get married thing was pretty stupid. Even if her mom was very anti-marriage, Bella was willing to become a vampire for Edward. I just didn’t relate to her not wanting to marry him. For me to buy it, I needed a little more explanation. And on the Bella trying to get Edward to undress her, I knew that he was going to say no. While she was doing it, I was cringing with embarrassment, because I knew that was going to happen. What I don’t buy, is that when he changed his mind at the end of the book, that she would stop him. The girl passes out when he kisses her; I don’t think she would have stood a chance.
Back to top Go down
SurrepTRIXus
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SurrepTRIXus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah, I kind of knew it wsn't going to happen, but I was hoping anyway. I understand about her rationality for stopping him at the end of the book, but you're right. If she passes out when he kisses her...

I never understood whe she was so anti-marriage. Being anti-commitment I can understand, but what is marriage besides a committment? If you've already decided to spend the rest of your life existence with someone, why is it a big deal if it's formal and everyone knows about it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4464489/1/<b>Fixing<_b>_<b>Dusk<_b>
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:24 pm

The first time I read eclipse, I really wasn't so keen on the Jacob/Bella kiss. I was screaming at Bella most of the book, actually. "What are you doing?!" "How can you do this to Edward?!" But, the second time I read it, I really enjoyed that part of the story. When she visits Jacob after the fight, that scene just breaks my heart. I think of it as the Jacob and Bella break up scene. That scene makes me more sad than the actual Edward and Bella break up scene. ('cause we know Edward's coming back) Jacob was her human destiny. He was who she would have been with if Edward didn't exist and it would have been a great life. And Jacob is a breath of fresh air. Edward is really moody, especially in this book. I love his intensity, but SM is great a developing that contrast. -Jacob really does seem like the sun.

I need to re-read Eclipse, I'm having a hard time remembering the finer points. I love all the Alice and Jasper stuff. I think Jackson Rathbone is going to do an awesome job. Its funny, Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson seem a little defensive about the movie and their characters. Like Rob is always trying to emphasize Edward's darkness and de-emphasize the sweetness. I think the secondary cast members like their characters a lot more. Like you know Kellan Lutz loves Emmitt. And Taylor really likes Jacob. sorry...off topic... but i'm looking forward to getting to see more of the Cullen's characters in the movie version of Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

I think Eclipse is going to be one of the better Twilight movies. Twilight and New Moon to me are kind of like introductions to the whole story. In Eclipse you get everyone -Vamps and Wolves, where as in Twilight you got Vampires and an intro to wolves. and New Moon you got the wolves and the Volturri. In Eclipse, all of it is brought together. Its hard to explain. I dont know if that made any sense, but thats the best way i could put it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm

(I thought it said 'Destructing Eclipse' i was like what does that mean.... oh well haha!)
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:06 pm

hahaha that's funny XD

well about the whole kissing between jacob and bella, I JUST DIDN'T LIKE IT ! AT ALL ! what the hell was she thinking ! she knew that he knew that she was pretending ! he's not the only one who took advantage of the situation , she did as well. I think that she was trying to figure out how it felt to kiss someone else besides Edward ! I was really mad, litteraly LOL
that and the fact that she didn't want to marry him, I mean come on !! who wouldn't do that ?!! she was ready to give up her soul for god sake , what difference would that make ? and the ring, it belonged to his mother ! she could have been more enthusiastic ! but she didn't, she even gave it back to him in the morning !!
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Mrs_Edward_Cullen wrote:
hahaha that's funny XD

well about the whole kissing between jacob and bella, I JUST DIDN'T LIKE IT ! AT ALL ! what the hell was she thinking ! she knew that he knew that she was pretending ! he's not the only one who took advantage of the situation , she did as well. I think that she was trying to figure out how it felt to kiss someone else besides Edward ! I was really mad, litteraly LOL
that and the fact that she didn't want to marry him, I mean come on !! who wouldn't do that ?!! she was ready to give up her soul for god sake , what difference would that make ? and the ring, it belonged to his mother ! she could have been more enthusiastic ! but she didn't, she even gave it back to him in the morning !!

Seriously! If Edward propse, you just say yes and let the rest fall into place. No second thoughts, no hesitations! I also got mad at Charlie for not getting mad at Jake for kissing Bella. He is a cop and she is his daughter so shouldn't he be a little pissed off. Charlie was all prepared to be mad at Edward when Bella came storming in Twilight pretending to be mad just so dhe can leave to get away from the nomads. But Charlie didnt know any of that and he just assummed that Eddie hurt her. I think that Charlie should have cared more that Jake kissed her without permission.
Back to top Go down
jacobsbella2011
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jacobsbella2011

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:03 pm

When I first read Eclipse i was probably with most people with the (I heard this from a friend) "I want to La Push Jacob off a cliff" I was so pissed about that. But after re-reading it I could really see how much Jacob really loved her. And at the end when she said goodbye to him it was so sad because just thinking about how her life without edward would have been spent with jacob and they went off course just made me feel so bad for him. But him threatening to kill himself so Bella would kiss him is going a little too far in my opinion. I mean she was engaged for cryong out loud!

As for the proposal I thought it was cute how Edward gace her his mothers ring but i really wanted to slap her when she gave it back and thought that marriage is like horrible just because her mother said so. I mean if you plan on spending the rest pf time with him what is the big deal with getting married anyways? But i did love the next day when Alice made Bella give her permission to do her wedding. I thought it was so funny and i love Alice.

Also I Thought the whole Jaspers past thing was really interesting because we got a look into the newest member of the family and can really understand why he chose the new way of life and how he became a vampire. I like how they gave the person who wasn't really mentioned or a big part in the other books a very important part in this one.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:47 pm

jacobsbella2011 wrote:
When I first read Eclipse i was probably with most people with the (I heard this from a friend) "I want to La Push Jacob off a cliff" I was so pissed about that. But after re-reading it I could really see how much Jacob really loved her. And at the end when she said goodbye to him it was so sad because just thinking about how her life without edward would have been spent with jacob and they went off course just made me feel so bad for him. But him threatening to kill himself so Bella would kiss him is going a little too far in my opinion. I mean she was engaged for cryong out loud!

As for the proposal I thought it was cute how Edward gace her his mothers ring but i really wanted to slap her when she gave it back and thought that marriage is like horrible just because her mother said so. I mean if you plan on spending the rest pf time with him what is the big deal with getting married anyways? But i did love the next day when Alice made Bella give her permission to do her wedding. I thought it was so funny and i love Alice.

Also I Thought the whole Jaspers past thing was really interesting because we got a look into the newest member of the family and can really understand why he chose the new way of life and how he became a vampire. I like how they gave the person who wasn't really mentioned or a big part in the other books a very important part in this one.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: I love Jacob and Edward.   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Ya, I agree with the wanting to slap Bella part; but then again, I always want to slap Bella. I really didn't like the proposal bacause it just didn't seem like Edward. I would have thought that he would have brought her into the forest, or gone to do dinner, or something romantic and Edward-y. But ya, the fact that it was his mother's ring was cute. And I loved the part when Jacob and Bella kissed, it was so Jacob!!! But the part where Edward said that they were getting married out loud to hurt Jacob was a low blow. I mean, Edward knows that he's gonna get Bella in the end, does he really need to compete? I'm not saying that I'm team Jacob, because I'm Team Switz. but Eclipse was my favorite Twilight book because of the Jacob-and-Edward-both-being-there-ness. I love them both sooooo much!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 am

Mrs_Emmett_Cullen wrote:
Ya, I agree with the wanting to slap Bella part; but then again, I always want to slap Bella. I really didn't like the proposal bacause it just didn't seem like Edward. I would have thought that he would have brought her into the forest, or gone to do dinner, or something romantic and Edward-y. But ya, the fact that it was his mother's ring was cute. And I loved the part when Jacob and Bella kissed, it was so Jacob!!! But the part where Edward said that they were getting married out loud to hurt Jacob was a low blow. I mean, Edward knows that he's gonna get Bella in the end, does he really need to compete? I'm not saying that I'm team Jacob, because I'm Team Switz. but Eclipse was my favorite Twilight book because of the Jacob-and-Edward-both-being-there-ness. I love them both sooooo much!!!!!

Actually Edward told Jacob that he's not taking anything for granted, that he was going to fight for her, not fair since she already belongs to him, but he was planning to compete, I think it's a normal thing to do b/c Jacob wasn't getting over it :]
Still, I hated the kissing between Bella and Jacob !!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:13 pm

Ya but did Jake ever really have a fair chance? Poor guy, first the girl he loves doesn't choose him, then he gets stuck with her freaky demon baby daughter. Jacob is so troubled.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 am

Mrs_Emmett_Cullen wrote:
Ya but did Jake ever really have a fair chance? Poor guy, first the girl he loves doesn't choose him, then he gets stuck with her freaky demon baby daughter. Jacob is so troubled.

He's just out of luck ^^ Things like that happen !
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Seriously poor Jake. He falls in love with Bella only to get hurt multiple times then imprints on a demon baby.

I actually like the first proposal. I thought it was funny. Cause Bella's like No way, then Edward's like," I just proposed to you and you think its a joke?" It was also funny when Alice spilled the beans about the diamond. Alice is amazing, SM needs to make a series for Alice and Jasper. Sorry...off topic. I thought it was kinda interesting how Bella was sound asleep in the tent yet was able to hear everything Jake and Edward said...although it was very useful then she thinks it was a dream. Silly Bella. It was really low for Edward to talk about their engagement when he knew Jake wa there and Bella didn't . But it was even lower that Jake threatned to kill himself just so the idiotic Bella would kiss him. She's so gullible.

I'm with everyone on the slapping her. I hereby call to order the Slap Some Sense Into Bella Club. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Ya, we are on the same page!! I do reeeaally love Edward, but it just is out of character for him to make such a low blow!! I mean, I expect it from Jacob!! It's just what Jacob does!! That's why I love Jacob so much!!
Back to top Go down
raquel&lt3
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
raquel&lt3

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:31 pm

I kind of feel bad for Jacob in Eclipse. I mean think about it, in New moon Edward left Bella she kind of lost her mind, and the only thing that kept her alive during that time was Jacob. She spent every waking moment with him even though she was thinkig about Edward most of the time. Then Edward comes back and she completely forgets about Jacob, i think thats a huge slap in the face. Personally if i were Jacob i would feel used, but i guess thats just me. I know she didnt completely forget about him, she still wanted to remain friends but during the time Edward was gone i think Jacob believed he and Bella were going to get together sooner or later so to have that taken away from you must really hurt. He obviously fell for her and she knew that, it just bothered me how sometimes she didnt really think or care about his feelings she never really put herself in his shoes. I think she should have been a little more understanding about how hard it was for Jacob to let her go , even thought she did tell him multiple times that Edward was what she wanted, she would have acted the same way Jacob did if Edward decided move on ( which i know would never EVER happen..its just an example lol). I could go on for days about this but my post is already getting to long Laughing .
Back to top Go down
angela's twin
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
angela's twin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 am

i whole-heartedly agree with raquel&lt3. jacob got the short end of the stick until book four.... but this is a eclipse disscussion. if I was in jacob's shoes i would be angry with bella. i stay true to her and almost never let her down, and her "true love" comes back and she abandons me, basically. i am a team switzerland, because of that, really. anyways. i find it funny how sometimes we twilighters completely ignore the other part of the plot, and only focus on the romance. i find myself doning it sometimes. for a while, i forgot about james & the nomads in the first book. our minds can be selective like that sometimes. especially with edward on the brain.
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:19 pm

The thing that bothered me most about Eclipse was Bella.

She has so many mistakes that is is slightly ridiculous. She knows she loves Jacob; in New Moon she was contemplating kissing him. The quote is: "He wouldn't begrudge me this: giving just a small bit of the love he didn't want to my friend Jacob. After all, it wasn't the same love at all... It would be very easy. There would be no need for explanations tonight."

In Eclipse, Bella is pushing away the fact that she loves him. She refuses to face it, and that bothers me more than anything else.

She also gets unbelievably more whiny, and I thought that was not possible at all. She complains about everything (Graduation, party, getting married, supposed college plans, becoming a vampire, Jacob, Edward, her many suitors...).

The whole marriage/proposal thing, I actually enjoyed. I thought it was very Edward-like, and very cheesy. It was exactly like the first one, (New Moon), except for the fact that Bella is trying to take her clothes off. Edward has one of the best proposals I have ever heard. "Isabella Swan, I promise to love you forever. Every single day of forever. Will you marry me?" (Sorry if I messed up a bit, I am doing it from memory.)

I admit the Jacob and Bella kiss(es) bothered me, but not as much as others seem to. If it was necessary for Bella to finally get over herself and face the fact that she is in love with Jake, fine. Their first one, I thought was low of Jake, but Edward was not much better in the whole We're-getting-married thing. In fact, I say Edward's was worse. The second one, I blame on Bella (Yes, I am a Bella-Basher if you have not noticed) because did she honestly believe he was going to kill himself? No. She knew it, but did not want to acknowledge it. Just like she did not want to acknowledge that she loved him. The third one, I thought was sweet and more natural. It is just a friend kissing a friend goodbye. Because they think they will probably never see each other again. Right.

Eclipse is my third favorite book (New Moon first, Twilight second, Eclipse third, Breaking Dawn last) but I still love it, even with all of Bella's and Edward's and a few minor ones of Jake's flaws.
Back to top Go down
angela's twin
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
angela's twin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:40 pm

that makes sense. just about EVERYTHING is bella's fault. but girls around the globe connect with her, and she is a slightly lovable character. the second kiss was totally bella's fault, but the first one was not (your'e talking about the one in new moon, right?). jacob did something slightly uncalled for (bella was kind of asking for it). the proposal thing was cute, but i got mad at bella, once again. edward had done so much for her, and she just couldn't wait until they were married? i understand bella's fear of marriage, though.. its a little hard to explain, though. your opions are great, 'QuoteGirl'.
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:06 pm

angela's twin wrote:
that makes sense. just about EVERYTHING is bella's fault. but girls around the globe connect with her, and she is a slightly lovable character. the second kiss was totally bella's fault, but the first one was not (your'e talking about the one in new moon, right?). jacob did something slightly uncalled for (bella was kind of asking for it). the proposal thing was cute, but i got mad at bella, once again. edward had done so much for her, and she just couldn't wait until they were married? i understand bella's fear of marriage, though.. its a little hard to explain, though. your opions are great, 'QuoteGirl'.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some things you thought...   What are some things you thought... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some things you thought...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next