Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Empty
PostSubject: Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 pm

The Queen of the Universe... aka... Stephenie Meyer has been nominated to be included in Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People of 2008.

This is the blog that Kaleb Nation had on his site (and forwarded on his Twitter) about the nomination and the way YOU can vote for Steph and get her on their list.

http://www.twilightguy.com/2009/03/25/vote-for-stephenie-on-time-magazine/

Go there... VOTE... DO IT!!!

:-) Please
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Shes currently at 25. Come on Twilight Nation VOTE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 pm

HOLLA I voted for the queen of the universe! Unite Twilight Nation!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: voted   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:22 am

Last edited by read_the_book on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Oh, I totally agree there were other people who made more significant contributions to the year, I'm all for voting for whoever you think was important... but I think that the effect of Stephenie's books... and subsequently the movies... on reading in general (re: library traffic up considerably, bookstore sales in the paranormal genre skyrocketting), on parents and children sharing the book experience (re: Twilight Moms, and Twilight Teens), on the media as a whole (re: ComicCon, every entertainment "news show", and countless other interviews and appearances) WAS profound, and was important to the year. Should she be #1... ummm... probably not... but on the list?.. most definitely.

*stepping off my soapbox now, lol*

ps... Mr. King is entitled to his opinion, and that's lovely, but his opinion doesn't have any affect on mine :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW   Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephenie nominated for Time's "Most Influential People of 2008" VOTE NOW
Page 1 of 1