Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpunkRansomLove
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SpunkRansomLove

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-02-07

I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Empty
PostSubject: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 pm

i just would like a list of what is wrong with breaking dawn. i've only read it once and i guess i didn't catch what is turning people off of it... i don't want anyone getting angry, I'm just honestly curious. cuz i have no clue really....
Back to top Go down

I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 pm

hahaha I don't think most of us consider it to be truthfully an "epic fail" even if we say it is. Well, I could be wrong but to be honest it's rather fun to find things about it we don't like. I know one of my personal vendettas against the book is that it's the end...that's just really sad.
I'll list the issues I have with the book and we can see if anyone else has some similar feelings.

Folks issues with Breaking Dawn (I'm trying to keep them in order of events but we'll see):
1-Jacob shows up at the wedding. I know it's sweet to some people but for me it just sort of cast a dark shadow over what should have been one of the biggest highlights of the twilight saga. The wedding could have been a bit more detailed and longer too. It's just such a huge moment.

2-this isn't specific to breaking dawn but as the books progressed the temperature of the vampires changed from being simply cooler than a normal human to being icy by the last book. That bothers me. I can deal with the idea of someone who's temp is cooler than my own but not like an ice cube.
(i'm really picky about consistency)

3-even after three other books there are still points when we have to re-read all the details about each character again. I know most books do that in case you didn't read the first part of the series but for the love of god! It's gets old. I KNOW what Edwards ability is by now.

4-As much as I love the idea of the wedding, I have a hard time believing it would be so easy to get your parents to agree when you're only 18 and, for all they know, your boyfriend is 17. I mean, it happened a little too easy.

5-Bella and Edward get very little time to enjoy their new life together before the drama starts. After all they went through in the previous books I would like to think they get more time to just be together.

6-We got NOTHING of "that night" on the isle. Granted, this isn't lemonade but COME ON!

7-The pregnancy thing was not a choice. I'm well aware that life doesn't work like that but i also have a hard time believing no one did enough research on human/vampire nookie to know a child could result. That goes double for Edward who is normally freakishly careful about EVERYTHING!

8-That leads into my issue with almost all of the characters being somewhat ooc (out of character) through the whole book. A great deal of the time I just don't feel like I was reading about the same people from twilight. That's probably more of a personal issue but it truthfully bothers me.

9-Edward has no input over the child. now, I'm pro choice myself and I do feel that the ultimate choice falls to the mother but in this case he's being forced to accept a child that is, in essence, killing the love of his life when we don't even know if he wanted a child in the first place. ( I believe this is part of the reason people don't like nessie along with the fact that her presence changes the focus of the books from Bella & Edward to "what will happen with nessie")

10-Their first night together is ruined by the bruises etc. I REALLY wanted everything to work out better then expected so poor Edward could build some confidence in his ability to not hurt his wife. Sometimes I feel like Stephenie stopped liking Edward as a character because of all the crap she puts him through.

11-People are going to hate me for this one but I was bugged with Jacobs book. NOT that I don't want to read it but I would rather read a whole new book just from his perspective. It felt out of place in the rest of the story.

(I'm going to hurry this along because I could go through the whole book)

12-The kids name...nuff said.

13-I wish Jacob had ended up with Leah. I think most of us agree that it made little sense for him to be with nessie.

14-We can't relate to Bella as a vampire. As much as i want the two to be together forever, it was also incredibly sad that the did change. There are so many other parts of life I would have loved to see Bella and Edward tackle together with her as a human and him as a vampire. I kept waiting to get some of the sparks from the first book but we never got those back before she was changed. Sadness...

15-No vampire battle at the end...DUDE! >[

16-Stephenie contradicts herself all over the place. Really now, there are serious times when it just feels like you're reading fanfiction. Not the epic stuff either.
I feel like it was too easy to jokingly guess what was going to happen. I mean, we knew the book before it was out.

17-Bella's ability (I have a thread on this in the BD discussion section)

18-Again, It's OVER! *bursts into tears*

18.5- I fear we will never get midnight sun ;^;

aaaand that's about it for me. I'm sure other people will bring up things I missed.
Pardon the wall of text.
Back to top Go down
SpunkRansomLove
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SpunkRansomLove

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 pm

thanks so much for your input!! i guess my mind just skipped past those things cuz i love the series so much... i love hearing people's opinions, it gives me something to think about when i'm bored.
btw about nessie, i really wanted her to have a boy (the name EJ? come on that's amazing) lol!
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Seriously Folks take a deep breath hun XD

no but this whole BD controversy is giving me a hard time, I've already made my opinion about it in the BD discussion, but folks always makes me wanna talk and talk and talk ... LOL
anyways, I sort of agree with you about many things except that I don't think it was an epic fail .. well , sure it wasn't what everybody expected, but as I said this was Stephenie's journey, she's mature now, she's not the same person who wrote the first 3 books, I like to think of the saga as the story of woman, finding true love, fighting and sacrificing everything for it, and of course every girl dreams about the big wedding, and she's a mother, she knows better that having a child is a the most wonderful thing in a woman's life, that's why I kind of understand why she decided to give birth to Nessie.

to solve the whole problem of jacob's POV I think BD should have been in 2 parts, not just that but there were 2 fights in this book, the first one the struggle to save the child, and the second is the battle with the Volturi even if there was no FIGHT which is a little bit disappointing for me.

and Yeah !! I' m not creepy or anything but the night on isle esme, come on guys !! we were waiting for this to happen ! thanks Folks XD

as I said before, I'm not sure about it, but I think BD wasn't only for us , it was something she did for her other fans, the twilight moms.
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm

ummmm yea i think folks pretty much summed it up for all of us XD

But yea mine are
1. The kid's name
2. Jacob imprinting on the friggin demon child WHAT?!
3.ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
4.As folks said what if SM doesn't finish Midnight Sun
5.Which means....IT REALLLY IS OVER!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
SpunkRansomLove
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SpunkRansomLove

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 pm

yeah i understand the whole pov thing with jake, but his chapter titles cracked me up during serious parts lol!
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:27 pm

i thought of some more
1. Jake's titles...yea they were funny but really?
2.The fact that my friend passed out when she read about Jacob seeing Bella drink blood (it was scary!!!)
3.Alice leaves, that really depressed me. Alice is my favorite female character.And the book was empty w/o her just as NM was w/o Edward
4.Its the last one....i might have mentioned this one...several times

all in all i don't hate BD i just don't like how SM tried tp sum up the rest of the saga in one last book. SM is a great an amazing author. I lose sleep reading and re-reading her books. I only got 2 hours today....not good. So, that's my contribution
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

oh i could go on and on and on for days with a lst about hw bd BD was. lol
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm

**list how bad

sry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions   I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm just curious,...don't know if i should post this here or on the discussions
Page 1 of 1