Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You ever notice...?

Go down 
+3
jjfudd123
LoveLifeTwilight
KimberLeAnn
7 posters
AuthorMessage

You ever notice...? Empty
PostSubject: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm

...that people who shout from the rooftops that they HATE twilight have normally read the whole thing OR they own and listen to the audio book? What gives? Are they in denial or something. I'm not saying everyone has to like twilight. Heck, I can find plenty of reasons why people would be turned off real quick. However, I don't understand why you would own/listen to anything related to twilight if you didn't like it even a little bit? Has anyone ever come across a person like this? I'm puzzled. Sadly I see the twi-hate a lot because I surf deviant art regularly. EVERY time I see something anti-twilight it always ends up being the case that the artist has read the whole thing or still listens to it "for laughs" or some bull like that. Are they too full of themselves to admit they like it? Or did they just happen to read breaking dawn first? Cause...you know, that's kinda a deal breaker. Razz

Humans are strange creatures. (Don't you dare call me "just another human". I'm a mammal dammit!)
You ever notice...? Einstein

Folk's song of the moment~ The big bang theory theme by bare naked ladies (EPIC SONG FOR NERDS)
Back to top Go down
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
KimberLeAnn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah the number one person who nags at me for reading the books not only owns the books (he hasn't read them yet) but cried at the movie. He is an idiot. I mean seriously who buys all of the books, doesn't read them, sees the movie (cries at it scratch ) and then yells at me because I have read them more then once.
Back to top Go down
LoveLifeTwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
LoveLifeTwilight

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: .   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 am

True! My guy friends/enemies are always harassing me for my obsession! Like last week, they took my tickey from opening night, at midnight, and ripped in into a million pieces!! :'(
And then they ripped off a corner of my Twilight book!
And threw out my Cullen crest locket.
And trashed my health project about Spanish Influenza.
And ate my granola bar! (That was just a random thing that got me ticked)
And finally......
DESTROYED 5 OF 13 EDWARD ON A STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIFE STINKS!!!!!
Can I please have some comforting words so that I don't go and hurt them!!!!!!!??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/daleak1
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 pm

LoveLifeTwilight wrote:
True! My guy friends/enemies are always harassing me for my obsession! Like last week, they took my tickey from opening night, at midnight, and ripped in into a million pieces!! :'(
And then they ripped off a corner of my Twilight book!
And threw out my Cullen crest locket.
And trashed my health project about Spanish Influenza.
And ate my granola bar! (That was just a random thing that got me ticked)
And finally......
DESTROYED 5 OF 13 EDWARD ON A STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIFE STINKS!!!!!
Can I please have some comforting words so that I don't go and hurt them!!!!!!!??
comforting words?! COMFORTING WORDS?! Hell, I'll aid you in hurting them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:28 pm

My younger sister's boyfriend is the same way. I recently turned her on to the books and she saw the movie with me in November and now she want's her boyfriend to read them so he can go see the movie. He's still on Twilight and he won't stop groaning and mumbling about reading a book from a girl's perspective and how it's not manly (I'm just like shut up, you're 17, you're not manly yet). I tried to explain to him that in later books (like New Moon and Eclipse NOT BD) that it gets better, more action and all that. He whines some more and then tells my sister he's going to go read the book. I keep telling him to make up his mind, either read the book and stop complaining or don't read the book, that simple. I think he's slightly afraid my sister may castrate him though if he doesn't read the book (I think she's secretly hoping he'll turn into Edward or something haha).

And while I'm kind of on the topic of New Moon and my sister, I had a very interesting conversation with her last night about Jacob. She just finished New Moon last night and she came down, sat next to me on the couch and turns to look at me. She said me (while creepily staring at me at the same time) "I don't like Jacob" To which I asked her why and she said, "He's so mean to Bella." I was a crossroads (do I get mad at her or do I stay calm and explain?). I did eventually explain to her after getting mad at her. I mean come on, how can you hate jacob? He's adorable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm with Chloe! I'm sorry but there's teasing about something and then there's harassment.
I would be pissed beyond belief. People should NOT be allowed to touch your stuff without your permission. You shouldn't let them off the hook for that.
I'm uber possessive of everything in my room.

Poor AJ. I don't know what you should do. I suppose you might have to end up waiting for midnight sun before he's going to shut up and read it. With his "lovely" personality I hope your friend isn't banking on him turning into Edward. It' hard enough to come to terms with the fact that none of us will ever find a real Edward, so even fathoming the chances of a guy turning into him is faaaar out there. Somewhere over by Pluto.
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Okay, first things first,

GO HIT THEM WITH BREAKING DAWN, LOVELIFETWILIGHT! I think I'll go with you and help you. We can bring the Twilight mob and bring pitchforks and lots and lots of sharp objects!

Back to the topic, I certainly agree that haters of Twilight should read them. You have to give something a chance before loathing it and condemning it (saying it is the work of the devil *coughHarryPotterhaterscough*) However, reading it and not giving it a tiniest chance, is also negative. If you're reading something to hate it, then you're going to hate it, no matter what.

I think that people shouldn't gossip about how horrendous Twilight is without giving it a fighting chance. To be honest, I'm very lucky I read Twilight when I did. If I had heard it was a mushy, teenage love story, there is no way I would have read it. I would dismiss it for the Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers fans and for conceited, air-headed teenage girls.

I'm glad I read it and I fell head-over-heels in love with it. I think that many Twi-haters either hate that they themselves like it or haven't given it a chance. If they have and they still don't like it, then they can say that they don't like it in a fair and realistic way.
Back to top Go down
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:28 pm

totally agreed. i read twilight before it became really known where i live, and only a couple of people heard about it. now theres ton of haters and its SOOOOOO annoying. i have like 3 friends that were so against twilight and like would get so mad if i said that something reminded me of twilight (which is VERY often lol) and finally i legit forced them to read it. each of them read twilight and ended up loving it, reading all the books within 2 weeks. haha and about a week ago i went to one of their houses and saw a twilight poster in their room!!!!!! i was like just "so whatever happened to you passionately HATING twilight?!?!?!" ugh. people just never give it a chance but once they do the simply cant hide it.
Back to top Go down
LoveLifeTwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
LoveLifeTwilight

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:14 am

Missy Skywalker wrote:
Okay, first things first,

GO HIT THEM WITH BREAKING DAWN, LOVELIFETWILIGHT! I think I'll go with you and help you. We can bring the Twilight mob and bring pitchforks and lots and lots of sharp objects!
DONE!!! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/daleak1
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:42 am

Done and done!!!! True story yo!
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:47 am

If you want, you can help me!!!!!

*cue evil laughter*
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:32 am

i will soo help out with that!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You ever notice...?   You ever notice...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You ever notice...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: