Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!

Go down 
+4
jjfudd123
Jacob_imprintedonme
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
MrsMcVampy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Empty
PostSubject: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 pm

At least that's the news flying around his golden eyes right now. It's still WAY too early to know if that's for real but for the love of Edward, I sure hope not! I'm one of the fans out there that is POSITIVE there's no way they could do an appropriate version of the book with their current screenwriter. Hell, I just don't want to see Rob chewing on kstews uterus! XP
There are just SOOOO many things wrong with them attempting to make that into a movie. It would have to be a two parter which we know summit wont do, and again, their current screenwriter doesn't have the chops to turn that one into a film. I'm sorry but i'm really not a fan of hers.
We're doomed...
Back to top Go down
MrsMcVampy
Mod
Mod
MrsMcVampy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 am

There is no telling yet if this true or not, but if New Moon is a success, I think we have to resign ourselves to the idea of them doing all 4 books. I have no idea how they will tackle Breaking Dawn, but I don't think it would be very satisfying to end the movies after Eclipse, with no resolution about Edward, Jacob and Bella.
We all know that I am a Breaking Dawn supporter, I loved the book. I do agree that making it a movie will be difficult, but it think it can be done. I just don't know if it can be done well with the current screenwriter and, dare it say it, K-Stew....
Any who.... those are just my thoughts on the subject... feel free to feel otherwise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tapodcast.com

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:00 am

MrsMcVampy wrote:
There is no telling yet if this true or not, but if New Moon is a success, I think we have to resign ourselves to the idea of them doing all 4 books. I have no idea how they will tackle Breaking Dawn, but I don't think it would be very satisfying to end the movies after Eclipse, with no resolution about Edward, Jacob and Bella.
We all know that I am a Breaking Dawn supporter, I loved the book. I do agree that making it a movie will be difficult, but it think it can be done. I just don't know if it can be done well with the current screenwriter and, dare it say it, K-Stew....
Any who.... those are just my thoughts on the subject... feel free to feel otherwise. Very Happy
hahaha you are so optimistic. Okay, if i'm being truthful, I do/did want to see breaking dawn but like you said, I don't think they can do it with kstew and melissa whats her face.
Maybe if they got a new screenwriter like the chick who did pride and prejudice. I bet she's expensive though.

I hope rob reads that one soon. I bet you anything he has yet to read BD.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:23 am

Well I liked BD and I would like to see it become a movie but I totally agree with you it's going to be difficult.
I am sure about one thing though, New moon is going to be a huge success !! and so are Eclipse and BD ! too many people are waiting for this, whether the result is good or not , I'm sure everybody is going to see that movie 5 times at least.
to be honest, I thought Twilight is going to be a disaster, but it wasn't so..
maybe we should be more optimistic ^^ and just wait, I mean they changed the director ( even if I wasn't okay with that ) I'm sure they're going to make a lot of changes in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:04 am

well they said a while back that if they do making Breaking Dawn that it would be in 2 parts
Back to top Go down
Jacob_imprintedonme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Jacob_imprintedonme

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

*gasp*
Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Qovptj

<.< ... >.> ... o.O

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! 23tfce0
Back to top Go down
http://tapodast.com
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Nicole, what is that?! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Jacob_imprintedonme wrote:
*gasp*
Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Qovptj

<.< ... >.> ... o.O

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! 23tfce0

Nicole you find goofy things! lol
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Nicole...those are awesome!!! Perfect reactions. LOL
Back to top Go down
IPunchWerewolves
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
IPunchWerewolves

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Eyebrows

I don't think BD would need to be two parts. I think BD would, however, be heavily edited for a better flow and would probably end up being better than the book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/randomaccess
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:55 pm

The thing is if they make Breaking Dawn into a movie they would have to cut a lot of stuff out just because Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon and she can't see R rated movies (and there's a few R rated scenes in Breaking Dawn) and she pretty much approves everything that goes into the movies so just keep that in mind.
My friend has a theory that they're going to kind of combine Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. She thinks that Edward and Bella are going to get married and then it's going to show them on the beach on Isle Esme and basically end it there in Eclipse instead of making Breaking Dawn into a full movie. She's friends with Kate who played the waitress in Twilight the movie (the freaky girl with the black hair, yeah that's kate) and she knows a few other people from production so she pretty much knows about everything before it happens. She also knows KStew's brother Cameron. So yeah, if I ever want to get clarification on a rumor I go to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 am

IPunchWerewolves wrote:
Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Eyebrows

I don't think BD would need to be two parts. I think BD would, however, be heavily edited for a better flow and would probably end up being better than the book.

i am sorry but that is an awesome video! lol.... But they are going to do BD as two parts lol... cuz if SM wants it that way... we must respect!
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 am

AJALLIGATOR wrote:
The thing is if they make Breaking Dawn into a movie they would have to cut a lot of stuff out just because Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon and she can't see R rated movies (and there's a few R rated scenes in Breaking Dawn) and she pretty much approves everything that goes into the movies so just keep that in mind.
My friend has a theory that they're going to kind of combine Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. She thinks that Edward and Bella are going to get married and then it's going to show them on the beach on Isle Esme and basically end it there in Eclipse instead of making Breaking Dawn into a full movie. She's friends with Kate who played the waitress in Twilight the movie (the freaky girl with the black hair, yeah that's kate) and she knows a few other people from production so she pretty much knows about everything before it happens. She also knows KStew's brother Cameron. So yeah, if I ever want to get clarification on a rumor I go to her.

I am sure the fans won't approve that !! combine Eclipse and BD !
FAIL !!!
Back to top Go down
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 am

You guys have to keep in mind Stephenie Meyer approves everything and if she can't see Breaking Dawn then either it's not going to get made or it's going to be a completely different version than the book. They would have to cut a lot of stuff out and it just wouldn't be cohesive. Because really guys, you can't show Edward ripping apart Bella's uterus with his teeth and make that PG-13. It would be like Bella's pregnant then cuts to her being a vampire. People who haven't read the book (like my sister) and don't plan on reading it (like my sister) are going to be totally confused.
P.S. the only reason my sister isn't reading BD is because I told her I hated it and it completely ruined the series for me (which is true, I can't read Twilight, New Moon, or Eclipse without thinking about that awful ending).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 pm

hmmmm this is yes and no type of thing. Steph get's to see things and give them a thumbs up or down but she isn't the final factor in the movies. They won't do something "just" because she wants it. Thinking back, i love Steph but her whole pg-13 thing might have taken away from dramatic moments in the last movie. I know she's mormon but I'll be REALLY pissed if the edit things to a childlike state just to keep one person happy. that's where all the twilight runts came from. If they keep it darker and don't edit a much we might actually have more of the intended fans out there next time. Personally, I think BD would have to be at least borderline R to feel right. Maybe not quite there but it should feel really close.
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 pm

NOOOOOO!!!!!
I don't want BD to be R.
I WONT BE ABLE TO SEE IT!!!!
Damn my young age...
But folklorn's rightt it probably would have to be R to be right
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm

jjfudd123 wrote:
NOOOOOO!!!!!
I don't want BD to be R.
I WONT BE ABLE TO SEE IT!!!!
Damn my young age...
But folklorn's right it probably would have to be R to be right
Oh don't worry, I think it will be close but i bet it won't be rated R. I mean, the last batman movie wasn't R and for the love of cookies, I sure thought it should have been rated R! There was some messed up stuff in that last one. It rocked...but it was intense.
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 pm

oh my goshhh.
this whole week my computer's been on the fritz, & i come back to find out that BD might. be. a. movie...

NOOOO!
please. i'm sorry. but this is not movie compatable.
last i remember Bella gusts blood, breaks bones, & has her baby tear its way out of her.

to see this on the big screen.... i would probably puke.
lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 pm

haha i would get an editted verison aka... half of the movie not there lol
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 am

I don't know, it's gonna be something like grey's anatomy like .. i don't know rob's head between kristen's legs ??! LOL

I'm sure they're not going to show everything, maybe The cullens BEFORE and AFTER nessie's birth, but no details, just a fuzzy flashback, to make everyone confused : D
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 am

haha. yeah, i dunno.
i just hope that either Rosenberg steps up her game, or they pick somebody else to write it..
:/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!   Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh good gods...they have the rights to breaking dawn!
Page 1 of 1