Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I have an idea, but I need some opinions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Empty
PostSubject: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 pm

If you don't read fanfiction, then you probably shouldn't continue past this point.

So, I've been playing around with an idea for a possible fanfiction. In my women's studies class we're reading a book called The Belles of New England and it's kind of where I got this idea from. It's obviously going to be an AU.

The gist of the story is (since I don't have it all planned out quite yet) that Bella is from a small farming town in Maine in the 1920's and she moves to Lowell to work in a textile factory and perhaps have a chance at a better life. Here she meets Edward Cullen a reclusive musician (still haven't decided if he's a vampire or not). There will of course be problems with their relationship it won't be all fluff, blah, blah, blah.
I'm thinking of giving the Cullens (depending on where it goes) a larger part of the story though. It will obviously be romance and the main focus will be Edward and Bella but I'd like to give the rest of the Cullen's some of the spotlight.

It's an idea I'm playing around with. I'm going to try to be as historically acurate as possible. But if you've ever read anything about the factory-girls of New England it's a very interesting subject. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what you guys think. If it would be anything you're interested in (or if you'd like to beta or something) just send me an e-mail or a PM. I'll respond as promptly as possible.

Thanks.

A.J.
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:34 am

as Sammi and the TA girls would say....DO IT!!
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:52 pm

I personally don't read all human stories, but it sounds like a rather neat idea.

You should try it! What's the worst that could happen?

DO IT!
Back to top Go down
MrsMcVampy
Mod
Mod
MrsMcVampy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 am

I really like historical fiction, so I think you should go for it! And if you want or need a beta, i would love to help you out! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tapodcast.com
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 am

Awesome I'd love to have you as a beta Rache. I'm still researching the topic so not a lot of writing has been done yet. And the date is wrong on there, by the way, it's 1820's. haha. Just a little typo on my part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have an idea, but I need some opinions.   I have an idea, but I need some opinions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have an idea, but I need some opinions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: