Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's SNOWING!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-01-19

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:50 am

Yes, folks it's snowing here in that lovely state we call Maine. It's a fairly small storm (they're predicting 6-8 inches of snow) but my college campus is closing early so I'm happy. It's currently in the single digits, we're very anxious for friday to come because it will FINALLY get back up to about 32 degrees farenheit (does anyone know how to spell that? I don't have dictionary handy). We reached a record low last week at about negative twenty-eight degrees in the down-eastern area and a negative fifty degrees up north. We're ready for some warm. Pretty sad when warm is 32 degrees, don't ya think? I was talking to a woman from my Women's Studies class yesterday and I told her that the temperature was finally going to get back up into the double digits, she laughed and said "A heat wave, finally!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Anyway Lars is here with me at work, since I'm leaving in about 15 minutes and my boss (for once in her life) doesn't have paperwork for me to alphabatize and file or CRF forms for me to fill out (from the devil I tell you!). Lars didn't have to go to work today, you see Lars has a nice cushy job at a local small-time recording studio (he plays producer by day musician by night) and since he didn't have any clients today he didn't have to go in. I'm so jealous. It's a good thing my boss really really adores him, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten to hang out with me for the past 2 1/2 hours.

Anyway the whole point of this post is, we're killing time until I get to leave. haha. If you've made it this far without gauging your eyes out with a dull rusty spoon, I applaud you. Very Happy

Much love Twilighters,
A.J. and Lars
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 pm

I understand snow! I live in Ohio and I had to work at 7...I went outside this morning and it was nothing but ice. I called my boss to check and see if we had work...(*growls*) we did. I got a ride with a friend of mine and we had just finished up lunch (11-11:30) when my boss tells us that we have been at a level 2 snow emergency for a few hours and that he is sending us home and we get paid for the rest of the day. I am soo sick of snow right now, I would love to have a heat wave and sunshine...not ice and snow and icky weather. Oh well, at least I am at home now and it is PJ time! (yay!)
Back to top Go down
silverbulletsdont_scareme
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
silverbulletsdont_scareme

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-11

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:09 pm

if theres snow you should SO make a snow Edward. XD
Back to top Go down
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm

silverbulletsdont_scareme wrote:
if theres snow you should SO make a snow Edward. XD

That's a brilliant idea! Except I have no artistic ability when it comes to sculpting things (maybe I'll get A.J. to try she's better at that). haha. I'll try though and maybe you guys will get to see pictures. Very Happy

-Lars
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 pm

snow edwards that's brillant!!!!! well the snow is cold and sparkles. mwahahaha
my co-worker tony asked me what I was going to do when I got home, if I was going to make snow angels. I said no...i was going to make my winter-wonderland. gum drops and unicorns. LOL!!!!! ooooh
Back to top Go down
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 pm

It's 10:33 and it's STILL snowing. I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I have a test in Abnormal Psychology that's going to eat me alive, I need more study time.

I'll try to make a snow Edward tomorrow, we'll see if it turns out okay. I'll keep you posted.

-A.J.
Back to top Go down
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 am

GRRR!!! This week has made me despisesnow with a passion. I have nothing to do in my house. I live in Cincinnati Oh. We had a level 3 snow emergency. Meaning I WAS TRAPPED!!!!

I actually prayed to go to school but God played with my emotions. It was cruel. Yesterday the news thingie said two-hour delay, half an hour later school was closed. Then last night the school called to say we would have a 2 hour delay today. Seeing as I'm online at...9:53 AM....that didn'ty happen either. I've been bored as heck all week. I wouldn't mind not being in school for a week if it was, you know, WARMER. Then I could actually walk places without freezing my unmentionables off...so yea that was my amazing week!!!

Exclamation Caution that last line was soaked with sarcasm Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Well, Snow Edward has yet to be created (just because I don't feel up to wading through snow that reaches my knees right now). Plus, I was uber (yes I just said uber) busy yesterday. I'm at work, on break right now. I just spent the last two hours filling out short order CRF forms. Anyone who knows the hell those are, props to you. haha. We're supposed to get more snow on Tuesday but it's too soon to tell if it's going to be a nor'easter or not. The difference being a nor'easter means lots and lots of snow a regular snow storm usually means it ends in rain.
But like the weatherman said it's 32 degrees and sunny right now. I kind of wish I could go outside, it seems a lot warmer out there than it does in this stuffy office. I get to make my escape in an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: I HATE SNOW!!!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Exclamation For the love of all that is holy!!!! I hate the snow!!!!! I was going to pick up my best friend from college and guess what? I got stuck trying to turn around to get to her apartment. *sobs* You would think that the city would actually clear the streets and parking lots( they must not get paid extra for that) which is ridiculous. I finally got out and got to her house. On my way home, i got stuck at a traffic light (grrr argh) while trying to cross the street. the light turned red and i hate to wait for 5 minutes with no traffic. I even thought about going through the red light but knowing my luck i soo would've gotten pigged by the cops, so I waited. I wish I was still in high school...i miss snow days. my job is like you have to show up even if there is a tornado or such. i thought about making a snow edward but i would've taken one step outside my house and fell flat on my face (ahhh i fogot to mention we got ice too!)
Back to top Go down
AJALLIGATOR
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear you hate the snow. Personally, I love it. I lived in Florida before I moved here and it just doesn't compare. I know, A.J. says I'm crazy. Who would want to live in a po-dunk town like this that makes Deliverence look fun? I don't know, but I like it. It's peaceful. I'm excited for the snow on Tuesday, we've been getting a lot of sun and it's just not right when Maine is sunny.

We still have snow days at our college but we have to be getting a ridiculous amount of snow (well ridiculous to anyone who doesn't live in the northern Maine area). A.J. heard someone talking about how his son is staying down in New Jersey with his mom (this guy's ex wife) and they just got two inches of snow and CANCELLED school. She was like "two inches? that's child's play." haha. Love that girl.

-and if you haven't figured it out yet, it's Lars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's SNOWING! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's SNOWING!   It's SNOWING! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's SNOWING!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: