Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Empty
PostSubject: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:32 pm

So, as much as new moon is painful for me due to my Edward love, I wanted to talk about something you gals brought up in the podcast. In chapter two you went over Bella's behavior the night after the birthday fiasco.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you guys were going on about how stupid her behavior was when she was asking him to stay that same night. Yes, it is somewhat stupid of her to ask and the way she chose to bring up the subject was immature but I do have a minor defense for the whole "let's make out" thing.
At first glance (keep in mind I don't like Bella but I get this move) it looks like she's possibly just trying to lure him to stay or simply thinking of herself and the desire to make out (can't blame her) but I think subconsciously she's trying to use a more primitive form of communication. I mean, I don't think of men as primitive by any means but it IS true that you can connect on a more basic level through touch and instinct. I'm sure this non-verbal communication is even stronger when you're dealing with a vampire because their instincts are so much closer to the surface. It's my opinion that she was trying to calm Edward and use physical communication to get her feelings across while possibly looking for understanding and forgiveness from the bronze vamp. We all know how that turns out but I can see the motivation for her behavior even if I can't stand Bella by this point. I function this way myself. not to sound weird but seriously, physical communication works better for me.

I also want to throw in that I feel like summit is going to get a big head over twilight and all the kudos they've been getting. I'm glad they made the movie but THEY didn't make it a success...fans and the actors did. without either of those components summit would still be wallowing in the shadows. I'm not pleased with them and their behavior to say the least. That also goes for Hollywood's inability to see where the talent in this formula came from. XP

I'm done.
Opinions?
In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) WerewolfHPicon

Last edited by Folklorn on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 pm

I agree. Almost one hundred percent. Except I don't hate Bella. I really like her character. I haven't listened to this episode yet so I'll probably have more stuff to stay once I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I feel like I need to be more clear with my Bella issue. essentially, we are the same person. In almost every way most of my thoughts are similar to Bella but I don't think that's coincidence. I think her character is supposed to feel like someone we can all relate to. However, I don't like her character as much after twilight. Twilight Bella is all good with me but I get upset at how thoughtless she can get through the rest of the series. I think that's actually a hiccup on Stephenie's part. I think she went over board with the angst at times and didn't fully recover the characters. So, I can't really say I fully hate Bella, but I don't like the fact that she can't seem to emotionally step up to the plate when other people need her to. She always has to be guided and she can't seem to trust anyone even when she has every reason to. Sure, it's annoying to have people hide stuff (Edward) but I believe he plans to tell her things later at a better time. If you fully trust someone you should be able to accept something like that at least once in a while.

Oh and I pray to GOD that courtney love NEVER has a chance to try ans set Rob up with her daughter. THAT is f-ing creepy territory. RUN ROB! Stay on your side of the fracking pond!!!
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I totally understand. I agree. I got pretty annoyed with Bella during Eclipse. I've been slacking so I haven't it in a while so don't expect this to be exact. The thing is, I kind of forced myself into liking her during Breaking Dawn when she decided to keep Renesmee. I came off Eclipse thinking was the most selfish person EVER but also not because I don't think she purposely does it. When she decided to keep Renesmee, I couldn't hate her for keeping Renesmee because she's trying to save one life, but also making Jacob and Edward miserable. I don't really think if you're hurting more people than you are saving it cancels out the selfless part and makes you selfish. I kinda forced myself into liking her. That probably makes no sense at all... I'm sorry, I haven't been thinking very clearly today.

Ciao bellas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 pm

DanaBug wrote:
I totally understand. I agree. I got pretty annoyed with Bella during Eclipse. I've been slacking so I haven't it in a while so don't expect this to be exact. The thing is, I kind of forced myself into liking her during Breaking Dawn when she decided to keep Renesmee. I came off Eclipse thinking was the most selfish person EVER but also not because I don't think she purposely does it. When she decided to keep Renesmee, I couldn't hate her for keeping Renesmee because she's trying to save one life, but also making Jacob and Edward miserable. I don't really think if you're hurting more people than you are saving it cancels out the selfless part and makes you selfish. I kinda forced myself into liking her. That probably makes no sense at all... I'm sorry, I haven't been thinking very clearly today.

Ciao bellas!
I'm pretty sure I get where you're coming from. we're talking sparkling vampires and werewolves so it's not like you even have to make "perfect" sense. Just talking about twilight can sometimes make you question your realm of reality. ;D
Woo!

But seriously, I'm glad you took the time to give me your opinion. I like to hear what others think and it's not uncommon for people to pick up on something I missed so thanks!
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Not a problem! I love giving my opinion! I'm gonna listen to the podcast when I go to sleep tonight so maybe I'll become enlightened and add something else!

Ciao bellas!
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 pm

I agree with you to a point. When I first read the Twilight series, I really like Bella. Yes, she made some bad decisions, but we all have lapses in judgement. The second time around, however, I like her less. I noticed how she would do things I would never do. I think the main difference between Bella and me is that when she makes a decision, she says she'll stick with it. That's one of the few character traits that Bella has, and it's one that completely separates her from me. When I make a decision, I suddenly see the positives of the opposing argument.

This is a seemingly innocent quality, but this is the trait that gives her the determination to all of the crazy, yet brave, things she does. We first see this in Twilight, when she goes off to save her mother from James. She makes a decision and sticks to it. Once she talks to James, she never really wavers. She has made her decision and has accepted her fate, to an extent. This is also the first time I really disagree with her decision. I don't think I could've have done something like that. I would have spoken to Jasper and Alice because the truth is that the Cullens have 7 members and the other coven has only 2 members fighting. Yes, her mother was supposedly in the middle of all of the this, but Bella should have known that the hungry, human-munching vampire would not have let her go anyway.

The end of Twilight seemed to spark something in Bella that carrried through the rest of the series. When Edward leaves, I felt annoyed at Bella for being so distraught over a boy. Sure, this is an immortal, perfect, wonderful boy, but he's a guy, nonetheless. If she thinks he doesn't want her, then she shouldn't go into a comatose state, not that she can control it. However, back on topic, when Bella decides to something, she does it, plain and simple. This is a difference because she'll decide on a rash idea and become fixated on it. She latches herself onto an idea that may or may not make any sense, like having Edward with her at the battle. In retrospect, it was a very good thing, but she wanted him there for selfish reasons, not for the protection.

In Breaking Dawn, I felt like she was closer to the original Twilight Bella that I came to love. Disagreeing with Edward about Nessie separated herself from Edward. Bella stood up for what she believed in and showed everyone that she wasn't that lovesick girl who gave into everything. She had her own desires that may not directly depend on Edward's. She showed the independent streak that we saw a tad of in Twilight that never really resurfaced.

In Breaking Dawn, I connected with Bella more than in any other book because she was dislodging herself from everything that Edward wanted. She did go against him on the Jacob issue, but in the end, they saw each other less than before and eventually having Jacob run away. I didn't like the Bella of New Moon and Eclipse, the rash girl who clung to a guy to exist. I connected to the Bella of Twlight who fell head over heels for a guy but went against what he wanted, by being with him in Twlight.

Wow, that was a really long response! I can't believe I just wrote that. Let me just some up-

Bella isn't a character I disslike, per se, just one that I can have trouble connecting to because she makes decisions that I disagree with. It isn't a slight on her character, just a difference, whether good or bad, I can't say.

I hope that answered the question- I can't even remember it now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Missy Skywalker wrote:
I agree with you to a point. When I first read the Twilight series, I really like Bella. Yes, she made some bad decisions, but we all have lapses in judgement. The second time around, however, I like her less. I noticed how she would do things I would never do. I think the main difference between Bella and me is that when she makes a decision, she says she'll stick with it. That's one of the few character traits that Bella has, and it's one that completely separates her from me. When I make a decision, I suddenly see the positives of the opposing argument.

This is a seemingly innocent quality, but this is the trait that gives her the determination to all of the crazy, yet brave, things she does. We first see this in Twilight, when she goes off to save her mother from James. She makes a decision and sticks to it. Once she talks to James, she never really wavers. She has made her decision and has accepted her fate, to an extent. This is also the first time I really disagree with her decision. I don't think I could've have done something like that. I would have spoken to Jasper and Alice because the truth is that the Cullens have 7 members and the other coven has only 2 members fighting. Yes, her mother was supposedly in the middle of all of the this, but Bella should have known that the hungry, human-munching vampire would not have let her go anyway.

The end of Twilight seemed to spark something in Bella that carrried through the rest of the series. When Edward leaves, I felt annoyed at Bella for being so distraught over a boy. Sure, this is an immortal, perfect, wonderful boy, but he's a guy, nonetheless. If she thinks he doesn't want her, then she shouldn't go into a comatose state, not that she can control it. However, back on topic, when Bella decides to something, she does it, plain and simple. This is a difference because she'll decide on a rash idea and become fixated on it. She latches herself onto an idea that may or may not make any sense, like having Edward with her at the battle. In retrospect, it was a very good thing, but she wanted him there for selfish reasons, not for the protection.

In Breaking Dawn, I felt like she was closer to the original Twilight Bella that I came to love. Disagreeing with Edward about Nessie separated herself from Edward. Bella stood up for what she believed in and showed everyone that she wasn't that lovesick girl who gave into everything. She had her own desires that may not directly depend on Edward's. She showed the independent streak that we saw a tad of in Twilight that never really resurfaced.

In Breaking Dawn, I connected with Bella more than in any other book because she was dislodging herself from everything that Edward wanted. She did go against him on the Jacob issue, but in the end, they saw each other less than before and eventually having Jacob run away. I didn't like the Bella of New Moon and Eclipse, the rash girl who clung to a guy to exist. I connected to the Bella of Twlight who fell head over heels for a guy but went against what he wanted, by being with him in Twlight.

Wow, that was a really long response! I can't believe I just wrote that. Let me just some up-

Bella isn't a character I disslike, per se, just one that I can have trouble connecting to because she makes decisions that I disagree with. It isn't a slight on her character, just a difference, whether good or bad, I can't say.

I hope that answered the question- I can't even remember it now!
All I can really say is THAT WAS BRILLIANT! Beautifully done. I mean it.
You did a fantastic job making your point.
You even explained some things I was trying to convey a little bit. However, you shined when it came to landing on the point and parking the freaking spaceship! (that's a good thing)
Bravo. I hope others will read this.

In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) 27
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Gosh, you made me blush worse than Bella.

I'm glad I could help explaining what you meant. (Though can I say that I'm so much a loser that the nice comment you wrote made my whole day)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)   In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In relation to the podcast (distant edward, stupid bella)
Page 1 of 1