Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

weird pondering

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

weird pondering Empty
PostSubject: weird pondering   weird pondering Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok my question is Do you believe that Edward and Bella are really in love?

Here is my thoughts, Edward explains that everyting about him draws Bella in. When Edward leaves she acts as if she is coming down from a high. When she is with Jacob I feel that it is more of her choice not just something that makes her feel she has to be with him in a way. She works her way to loving Jacob to the point she started with Edward. Do you think that she is with him because of the draw or because she really cares about him.
I think that after she is a vampire she starts to fall for edward. Am I really just crazy or has anyone else thought this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Dazzled_By_Edward

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

weird pondering Empty
PostSubject: Re: weird pondering   weird pondering Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:30 pm

I think it goes back to the drug vs. oxygen thing again.

I had to go dig this up, but Jacob says it great in Eclipse, Chapter 26, page 599.

Quote :
He's like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can't live without him now. It's too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.

With a drug, it gets into your system and you feel like you do not need it, but the air and sun are the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I'm team Edward all the way, but Jacob is healthier for Bella until BD. That's when Bella can really see what his life it like and can relate to him and be with him without anything holding her back. I think it was more that Bella couldn't love him enough before she becomes a vampire, at least not to the extent of Edward. From what we get from BD, it was like a whole new world, a new body. She was able to let Jacob go as well at that part (thanks to the demon baby).

Edward on the other hand is a little harder to analyze because we don't get much of his POV than the little bit from MS. I'm also a little biased on that front to. Edward I can believe is in love with Bella. Although I don't agree with him that he did it, I completely understood where he was coming from in New Moon and why he felt he had to leave. He didn't want to lose Bella's soul, it's his belief that vampires don't have one. Vampires have much more room to love another, so he cares for Bella in an extreme way, something our minds can not comprehend.

Those are my long and drawn out thoughts. I can analyze Twilight better than any school reading for sure. I never write that much.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion

weird pondering
Page 1 of 1