Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bellas character in the books.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kassie

Bellas character in the books. Empty
PostSubject: Bellas character in the books.   Bellas character in the books. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Is Bella really annoying ? I know men who don't think she was when reading the books. And I was only annoyed of her once in the books.
Is it a female things only ?
But I did listen to when you compared her to Sookie. But you have to remember that Bella is a 17 year old teenager and Sookie is a grown woman and not everyone was like Bella growing up but I HAVE SURE MET ALOT OF TEENS LIKE HER. Bella will grow up not physically but emotionally she will. And I find the character to be real because women/girls are annoying most of the time and maybe that's why guys found her to be real haha ...
Sookie is strong but honestly not all women would react THE SAME to everything she would do. There's strong woman out there and everyone would love to stand up to everything they think but that's UNREALISTIC. We all question ourselves and are naive at times and I appreciate that about Bellas character.

So my question is:
What is the REAL REASON WOMAN GET ANNOYED OF BELLA ? Minus me and others who think she's normal.
Back to top Go down
teamjacob112410
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamjacob112410

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Bellas character in the books.   Bellas character in the books. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:19 pm

Okay, I actually really like Bella and don't think she's annoying.

My reason for liking Bella is that I just feel for her the entire time in every book.

Yes she might have annoying traits to her personality but I am bothered by it very, very rarlly in the books.

I think Bella is a really strong character and honestly when you think about it the people who actually think Bella is "whiney" are usually the people who are jeliouse of her so therefor they only like to think of her bad traits. I think Bella has much more good traits than bad traits.

And I'm not jeliouse of a fictional character, no offence.
Back to top Go down
Ellie
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Bellas character in the books.   Bellas character in the books. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 pm

I personally don't think Bella is annoying...any more so than Edward...but from the points of view I see around me...

I think people mistakenly fault her for not being able to keep up with her superhuman companions. She is trying to live a normal human life and at the same time trying to fit in with her superhuman family and friends. She is a teenage girl dealing with vampires and werewolves (shapeshifters)--I think if you truly try to put yourself in her shoes, you can see how above-average this average girl is.

I also think people react to the fact that, because this is a first person narrative, her thoughts are broadcast to us in real time and uncensored. Imagine all the times during the day you obsess to yourself about various topics--that cute boy you like, your own insecurities, the things that don't go your way, etc. I think Stephenie's writing in this area is so realistic and people aren't used to being able to see a character's every thought.
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Bellas character in the books.   Bellas character in the books. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 pm

I am pretty Switzerland on most things, and this can be one of them.

I do find Bella whiny and annoying. But I also find her to be a strong-willed, determined, intelligent and perceptive young woman. No one is perfect, not even Edward Cullen, but sometimes all the things I can see about Bella are her bad traits. I find myself to be a lot like Isabella Swan. I have most of her good traits, and almost all of her bad ones.

The first time I read through the books, I was not bothered with her at all. I was like, "Wow! She is just like me!" And then I started re-reading and re-reading again. You have to admit, even if you are Bella's number one fan, that she complains and often just sits there when she could be making a difference. Sometimes she is too afraid of herself and all the what-ifs that she clams up and does nothing. Perhaps if instead of letting Edward wallow in misery after her party, she could have talked to him and convinced him to stay. Or if she really looked inside of herself and admitted she loved Jake she could have saved the lot of them all the trouble and heartache. Instead, she ignores things and hopes for the best.

On the other hand, Bella is extremely caring and puts others' happiness before her own. That is what starts the whole saga off, she moves in with Charlie so Renee could travel with Phil. She lets Alice plan her wedding because she knows how happy Alice will be. She goes to Port Angeles with Jess so Charlie thinks she is not lifeless, not that he is fooled, but still.

Bella has her share of bad and good things, but sometimes, it is easy to overlook the good things about her and focus on the negative. I Bella-Bash myself, all the time. But I know her redeeming qualities, and so do I think most bashers.

(And for the record, I think Bella can be whiny and I am not jealous of her. I do not usually tend to get jealous of fictional characters, you know what I mean?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellas character in the books.   Bellas character in the books. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bellas character in the books.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Podcast Features :: Fan Questions-
Jump to: