Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Are You Reading... Book Thread

Go down 
+18
Dazzled_By_Edward
GlitchInMyBrain
multifandomfreak
Resisting the wine
nomadgirl
marci.hearts.edward
VamptasticVeronica
Fandom_United
Jacob_imprintedonme
ladyandthevamp
Sarahlovestwilight
StupidLamb_1981
DazzledDaily
Tao
TeamSwissCheese
therapycasecullen
MariForEmmett
Happy Twilighter
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 pm

uggh you guys arent helping! I already have 32 books in my list of books to buy! Stop it! I Cant afford all of these books! (on the inside i am thanking you)
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Tao wrote:
But I really want to find Cassandra Clare's old fan fiction, since she wrote a long time ago a fan fiction for HP that was really popular, and now I can't find it.

NO FREAKIN WAY!!! I bet it got pulled when she signed her book deal. A lot of publishers don't want independent work floating around, they figure they can make money off it when the author becomes famous... I would love to find that myself, though. If you DO happen to find it out there somewhere, you'll have to let me know!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Well that s different. I never thought of authors writing fan fic, but yes tao if you find it, make sure you give me the link!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
uggh you guys arent helping! I already have 32 books in my list of books to buy! Stop it! I Cant afford all of these books! (on the inside i am thanking you)
Oh I know how you feel my parents thought when I was kid I was bad with movies either VHS or DVDs since I own I can say almost every single disney movie ever. Now they are notice that I doing the same thing but with books. So I might have to spend a couple of months without book buying ( wait not next month the new Luxe book is going to come out?!)
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 pm

LOL ok well at least i am not alone! my friends all think i am a freak for not spending my money on clothes and make up or whatever and its always nice to know that i am not a freak!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:51 pm

Okay I got this on Wiki about Cassandra Clare's fan fiction history.
"Prior to the publishing of City of Bones, Clare was known for writing fan fiction under the similar pseudonym Cassandra Claire. Her main works were The Draco Trilogy (Harry Potter) and The Very Secret Diaries (The Lord of the Rings). Claire was considered a Big Name Fan[2] and was covered in several newspaper articles about fan fiction: The Draco Trilogy was described by The Times as a "gem of such superlative quality that it enhances one's appreciation of the [Harry Potter series]"[3] and The Daily Telegraph called The Very Secret Diaries a "cult classic" "
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 pm

well now i just want toread it even more. thats awesome!
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Tao wrote:
Okay I got this on Wiki about Cassandra Clare's fan fiction history.
"Prior to the publishing of City of Bones, Clare was known for writing fan fiction under the similar pseudonym Cassandra Claire. Her main works were The Draco Trilogy (Harry Potter) and The Very Secret Diaries (The Lord of the Rings). Claire was considered a Big Name Fan[2] and was covered in several newspaper articles about fan fiction: The Draco Trilogy was described by The Times as a "gem of such superlative quality that it enhances one's appreciation of the [Harry Potter series]"[3] and The Daily Telegraph called The Very Secret Diaries a "cult classic" "

OOOHHHHH I want to read those!!!!!!! There should really be a self help, 12 step program for how much I LOVE the Lord of the Rings books. I can't imagine what her take on that would be!!!

I'll pay money to whoever can find those, lol!!! Nice, shiney, pretty quarter... come on people, we can do this, lol
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:55 pm

well everyone could always use a nice shiney quarter!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 pm

I pay money to read her fan fiction, she just so good. I sadly don't like the LOTR series, I read them in middle school, and didn't like them for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Tao wrote:
I sadly don't like the LOTR series, I read them in middle school, and didn't like them for some reason.

GASP!!!! It's ok, hun... I still love ya anyway, lol... we've still got Vampires to keep us together, lol...
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:00 am

Found a summary of some sort of the fiction, and it sound awesome. I always have a thing for Draco and Hermione I love you
"The Draco Trilogy was a Draco-centric epic[1] that consisted of three novel-length stories written by Cassandra Claire. The series began with an accident in potion class where Harry and Draco bodyswapped after drinking a botched Polyjuice potion. The need to keep this a secret, the even greater need to find an antidote, and a love triangle where both Draco and Harry were interested in Hermione, powered the plot of the first novel, Draco Dormiens. By the end of the series, the resolution of the romantic entanglements confirmed the pairings Draco/Ginny and Harry/Hermione. Although the Draco Trilogy started as het, it was unusual in that it included plenty of intentional Harry/Draco subtext that straddled the divide between slash and het in the last part, Draco Veritas, even if the story never crossed that line."
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:02 am

that sounds really really good!

and i never really considered the LOTR series! is it good?
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:07 am

ladyandthevamp wrote:
that sounds really really good!

and i never really considered the LOTR series! is it good?

OH
MY
LORD

I love love love love love love love these books.

The Hobbit, The Trilogy, The Silmarillion, and all the extra Middle Earth books, they're freaking amazing. I mean not only did JRR Tolkien create a story, but he created an entire WORLD and a couple of entire LANGUAGES! I mean, FREAKIN LANGUAGES! That are complete, you can actually learn all three kinds of Elvish! (and yes, I'm enough of a Lord of the Rings geek to know all three versions... Tengwar, Sindarin, and Quenya... hahaha)

The stories are literally EPIC and the characters are just amazing!
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 am

books or movies first?
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:07 am

the movies are spectacular... they did an incredible job.. but the books are still better
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:49 pm

ok well i will try to read the books but i have at least 6 others i have to read before those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:35 pm

ome i am reading harry potter for the first time.... i hope its good.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:

do you think you would be reading HP if you didnt read twilight?
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 pm

The Potter series is one of two that have really captured me and wont let me go.

Good Choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
DazzledDaily
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DazzledDaily

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:30 am

Fandom_United wrote:

The Potter series is one of two that have really captured me and wont let me go.

Good Choice.
I totally agree there Harry potter is one of those books that influence your life forever =]
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:23 am

ladyandthevamp wrote:

do you think you would be reading HP if you didnt read twilight?

ummmm i might've read it but ummmm i guess the ummmm podcast helps lol!
Back to top Go down
Tao
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Got two new books from the library, The Picture Of Dorain Gray and East Of Eden. Still reading 2666, I actually was reading it today, but again I fell asleep, since I still had my cold, even if I almost 70% better than I was in the last couple of days. But this book relax me too much...
Back to top Go down
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:11 am

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!!!

I just finished Shadow Kiss (the third in the Vampire Academy series) and I WANT THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
VamptasticVeronica
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
VamptasticVeronica

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:56 pm

I love books muches. The bring me joy

Books I just finished this year and LOVED
-Vampire Academy, Frostbite, & Shadow Kiss
-Hunger Games [AMAZING]
-City of Bones & City of Ashes
-Wicked Lovely
-Blue is for Nightmares series
-Song of the Sparrow
-Speak
-The Scarlet Pimpernel
-The Host

Books in order in which I love them Smile
1) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
2) Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins
3) The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I'm sorry. Twilight is not in my top three Sad
I love it though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading... Book Thread   What Are You Reading... Book Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading... Book Thread
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next