Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ATS-American Tribal Style }i{Bellydance}i{ Yes, it's cool!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

ATS-American Tribal Style }i{Bellydance}i{ Yes, it's cool! Empty
PostSubject: ATS-American Tribal Style }i{Bellydance}i{ Yes, it's cool!   ATS-American Tribal Style }i{Bellydance}i{ Yes, it's cool! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Cool ATS or Tribal Bellydance (there are many names for this style of dance) has been one of my favorites arts for a long time. Sadly I don't have the time to invest in taking lessons myself but I do know some simple moves from just watching the dancers.
Anyway, I wanted to share a little bit about Tribal Fusion (see, another name) because it's really an awesome form of dance and very estrogen driven A.K.A. chicks rule the roost.

If I can ever fit it into my schedule I plan to go to one of the Tribal Fest's in south cal someday. It's just my brand of alternative without the creepy factor.

To give you guys some good examples of ATS I'm going to post the url's to a solo performer and a "tribe". Yes, group dance is normally referred to as dancing with your tribe. It's very much like any other dance troop except there are stronger bonds here beyond just "I teach you because you pay me".

So let's expand our horizons for fun and check out some AWESOME bellydancing.
Like a Star @ heaven (keep the word alternative in mind because this isn't your grandmothers bellydancing!)
I LOVE the costumes ><

Also note that there are often close ups of a dancers hips/belly because...that's the focal point of bellydancing. It can throw some people off for a second but no, this wasn't taped by a pervy dude.
They just want you to be able to see a dancers muscle control. The tattoos are pretty awesome too.

Rachel Brice-some slower paced (EPIC) dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJsaqykhLo

Black Sheep Bellydance-fast pace party time bby! So fun...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFJybQBHD8

ENJOY! ^^v
Back to top Go down

ATS-American Tribal Style }i{Bellydance}i{ Yes, it's cool!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: