Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ADVICE NEEDED!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:11 pm

All right, this can't really be answered on the podcast and I didn't really know where to post this so I'm posting it here. I'm going to a Twilight convention on Sunday and I'm getting pictures with Jackson and Ashley and I have NO idea what to wear. You guys obviously don't know what clothes I have but if you have any general ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!
(Oh, and I'm gonna try to get Jackson to hold up a shirt during the picture about the podcast.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

Number of posts : 542
Registration date : 2009-01-17

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:54 pm

make a twilight podcast t-shirt and wear it...if you don't already have one
Back to top Go down

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Well I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about dressing to the nines. I mean, if it's a convention then you're going to see cosplay over the river and all the way to grandma's house. And everyone else will probably be wearing twilight merch. I'd say if you want to stand out, pick a nice pear of jeans (you NEED to be comfortable at conventions, they go on forever) and maybe a shirt you think looks nice but not too nice. Nice like you don't look as if you just threw on the first shirt you found, but not too nice so if you get anything on it or something random happens you won't be upset. Personally i like layers because you can do fun stuff with that kind of an outfit but if it's warm you'll want to avoid that. Maybe a shirt with a clever quote or something to catch people's eyes. (in my case they're always smart ass quotes but whatever works).

Dude, don't even fret about shoes. I don't know if you would but you've got to pick a good pear of walking shoes. Some people actually decide to wear fancy footwear and they're the ones crawling back to the hotel at the end of the day. Conventions are nuts. Bring a camera!
Mine was an anime convention years ago but I'm pretty sure it applies to all cons.

*eats her thin mints*

damn girl scouts get me every time!
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanks! I decided that I didn't want to wear a Twilight outfit...I do it so much every day I wanted to switch it up and wear something a little nicer than usual.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:38 pm

as the sister of a photographer, my advise would be to wear solid colors... the reason i say that is you mentioned getting pics with the actors... who knows what they'll be wearing, but chances are if you're wearing some kind of print or pattern, it's gonna clash with what they're wearing (both in design and in style)... wearing a solid color will blend better, even if the colors don't exactly go together... other than that... like Folk said... be comfortable... nice jeans, good shoes... and you're own cameral... all good ideas

have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Folklorn wrote:
Well I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about dressing to the nines. I mean, if it's a convention then you're going to see cosplay over the river and all the way to grandma's house. And everyone else will probably be wearing twilight merch. I'd say if you want to stand out, pick a nice pear of jeans (you NEED to be comfortable at conventions, they go on forever) and maybe a shirt you think looks nice but not too nice. Nice like you don't look as if you just threw on the first shirt you found, but not too nice so if you get anything on it or something random happens you won't be upset. Personally i like layers because you can do fun stuff with that kind of an outfit but if it's warm you'll want to avoid that. Maybe a shirt with a clever quote or something to catch people's eyes. (in my case they're always smart ass quotes but whatever works).

Dude, don't even fret about shoes. I don't know if you would but you've got to pick a good pear of walking shoes. Some people actually decide to wear fancy footwear and they're the ones crawling back to the hotel at the end of the day. Conventions are nuts. Bring a camera!
Mine was an anime convention years ago but I'm pretty sure it applies to all cons.

*eats her thin mints*

I just ordered like 2 boxes of thin mints....they are sooo frickin addicting....they are evil but soo yummy
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2008-12-17

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 pm

I think you would look good in dark blue jeans and a black blouse.
Back to top Go down

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 pm

sparklingpixie1987 wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

*eats her thin mints*

I just ordered like 2 boxes of thin mints....they are sooo frickin addicting....they are evil but soo yummy
You too?! I swear they're some kind of superpower. Forget political partys. The girlscouts could take over the world with those freakin things. I always go through them like a tree chipper too. I've already eaten an entire sleeve of them ;^;
WHAT DO THEY PUT IN THOSE COOKIES?!
(I don't really wanna know)

Actually, I do know they put real wax in them but that's not too bad for ya.
I'll bet there's a ton of butter. My poor heart.
Well, it'll last longer than Rob's lungs at this point.
oh...I just made myself sad. *eats more cookies*
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 am

i like the peanut butter ones!!!!!

PEATUT BUTTUR!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:00 am

lol...just bought some Thin Mints this morning. I have three *pops one into my mouth*...make that two left.

About the clothes. Just wear what you are comfortable in. Just be your self and smile real big you lucky lucky girl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
sparklingpixie1987
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
sparklingpixie1987

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:40 am

Folklorn wrote:
sparklingpixie1987 wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

*eats her thin mints*

You too?! I swear they're some kind of superpower. Forget political partys. The girlscouts could take over the world with those freakin things. I always go through them like a tree chipper too. I've already eaten an entire sleeve of them ;^;
WHAT DO THEY PUT IN THOSE COOKIES?!
(I don't really wanna know)

Actually, I do know they put real wax in them but that's not too bad for ya.
I'll bet there's a ton of butter. My poor heart.
Well, it'll last longer than Rob's lungs at this point.
oh...I just made myself sad. *eats more cookies*

We'll just have to send Rob lots and lots of girl scout Thin mints that way he can become addicted to them and we can easily swipe his death sticks away from him and he will never think about them again because the will way too infatuated(hehe) with the yummyness that is thin mints. They will take over the world starting with Rob.....mmmmmm...thin mints and Rob......and Jackson rathbone.....mmmmmmmm*drools* oh sorry about that
Back to top Go down
Pixiepale
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Pixiepale

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm

we should just make twilighters anonymous cookies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADVICE NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADVICE NEEDED!   ADVICE NEEDED! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADVICE NEEDED!
Page 1 of 1