Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Empty
PostSubject: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:08 pm

So, if you're here, you know what happens in BD.
Now, obviously I didn't write the book but just the same, something has been bothering me about Bella's ability.
In a way it makes sense for her to be able to block out others from her mind but as I was reading I felt like I would have expected her to be the only vampire capable of having children. Now, there's a reason for this.
As I was reading I remembered Steph talking about how a persons body is stuck in the form/place in time they are in when they are changed. I tend to think that, because Bella was changed technically while she was pregnant, her body might still have the ability to become pregnant again. specifically because Steph said that a woman's body (while they're a vamp) could not change to accommodate a child. Well, Bella's body should be able to do this because she changed before her body would have gone "back to normal". It takes a while for a woman's body to get back to it's normal state after birth (even with c sections).

I think, had this been possible, the whole plot of the last book would have been totally different.
Thoughts?

Now, I know there's a weak spot in this theory.
Any child she could have would likely be of the "forbidden" type so that opens up a whole new Pandora's Box. However, I have a solution! (well, it's crackpot but it works)
The only thing I could come up with to counter that problem is a play on math actually. It's rather ridiculous but if I was in Stephs place I would use logic (and I use that term loosely) along the lines of "two negatives equal a positive." As in, two vampires counter each other genetically and create a human. o-O bazaar yes?
I hate math with a passion too, who knew it could be so helpful.
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:46 pm

That is very interesting I need to think and come back to this why must people make me think LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 am

lizthetwilightfrog wrote:
That is very interesting I need to think and come back to this why must people make me think LOL
hehehe sorry >.<
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Actually, that's a good one !! but as you said this could have taken the book another direction, I mean without Bella's ability the Volturi would have killed them ALL !! So I think Bella's ability was necessary to end the saga.
BUT who said vampires have ONE ability LOL
It could've been nice if Bella was able to have more children, even if many people don't like Nessie AT ALL !! and I don't see why btw ^^
what I know is that Renesmee's human side makes her grow, which reminds me of something completely illogical, why is she going to stop growing at some point ? it doesn't make sense even if it's cool XD
I thought Edward was going to change her completely when she turns 17 or 18, but apparently he doesn't have to !
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Emmett_Cullen

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 am

Ya, personally, I thought that Bella's power was laaame. I mean its good for her because she doesnt like to fight or be active or anything; but for me I would want something waaaay sicker! Like Ben's power. . .yaaa. Or Kate's, or Jane's. But ya, for Bella, being a sheild works. And for the whole "2 negatives equal a positive" thing, its kinda far out there. I mean I didnt like the fact that Edward could get Bella pregers in the first place, I thought that was pushing the limit; but if Bella and Edward could have a human child, that would be a little too unrealistic for me. Because werewolves and vamps are totally realistic in the first place. . .lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Mrs_Edward_Cullen wrote:
Actually, that's a good one !! but as you said this could have taken the book another direction, I mean without Bella's ability the Volturi would have killed them ALL !! So I think Bella's ability was necessary to end the saga.
BUT who said vampires have ONE ability LOL
It could've been nice if Bella was able to have more children, even if many people don't like Nessie AT ALL !! and I don't see why btw ^^
what I know is that Renesmee's human side makes her grow, which reminds me of something completely illogical, why is she going to stop growing at some point ? it doesn't make sense even if it's cool XD
I thought Edward was going to change her completely when she turns 17 or 18, but apparently he doesn't have to !
I've always wondered about that too. Why are the late teens like a magic number?! Why on earth should she stop growing at that point? GAH! So many questions for that guidebook should Steph ever decide to finish the damn thing. i'm getting kinda done with her starting books and then putting them off until later. It's not cool to do that to your readers. Maybe I just really want midnight sun. >.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Mrs_Emmett_Cullen wrote:
Ya, personally, I thought that Bella's power was laaame. I mean its good for her because she doesnt like to fight or be active or anything; but for me I would want something waaaay sicker! Like Ben's power. . .yaaa. Or Kate's, or Jane's. But ya, for Bella, being a sheild works. And for the whole "2 negatives equal a positive" thing, its kinda far out there. I mean I didnt like the fact that Edward could get Bella pregers in the first place, I thought that was pushing the limit; but if Bella and Edward could have a human child, that would be a little too unrealistic for me. Because werewolves and vamps are totally realistic in the first place. . .lol
I feel like it was definitely one of those cases of things ending up waaaay too perfect. That's not to say that i want a harry potter ending with everyone and their mother dying but I could have done with an epic battle and some sacrifice. Even though i have that whole other theory for Bella's ability, I'm still not super fond of the idea of them having children just because they're so young and it really wasn't Edwards choice. I think Steph messed up with the way she had the whole thing happen. If Bella had the ability to have children then they could have waited and it would have been both of their choices.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am

Many readers didn't like this book because of Stephenie's choices,but let's not forget that she,as an author,became mature, this experience was like a journey for her, she learned new things, she's not the same person who wrote the three other books.
To explain the fact that she choosed this ability for Bella, I'm just going to say that she, as a mother, knows better how it feels like to have a child, when a woman becomes a mother, the only thing she cares about is protecting her child.I know many of us don't like Nessie, but I think this was kind of Stephenie's gift to the Twilight moms, I mean .. most of us are teenagers, we have our own fantaisiesand dreams about finding true love, and we all think of ourselves as Bella,but with Breaking Dawn,it was their turn to think of themselves as her.
I don't like to think of it as a strategy to create a new fandom,but as a proof that Stephenie isa great writer.
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
jjfudd123
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
jjfudd123

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Mrs_Edward_Cullen wrote:
Many readers didn't like this book because of Stephenie's choices,but let's not forget that she,as an author,became mature, this experience was like a journey for her, she learned new things, she's not the same person who wrote the three other books.
To explain the fact that she choosed this ability for Bella, I'm just going to say that she, as a mother, knows better how it feels like to have a child, when a woman becomes a mother, the only thing she cares about is protecting her child.I know many of us don't like Nessie, but I think this was kind of Stephenie's gift to the Twilight moms, I mean .. most of us are teenagers, we have our own fantaisiesand dreams about finding true love, and we all think of ourselves as Bella,but with Breaking Dawn,it was their turn to think of themselves as her.
I don't like to think of it as a strategy to create a new fandom,but as a proof that Stephenie isa great writer.
i agree completely
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chipmunks4lyfe
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:52 pm

I do not think so.

She was not technically still pregnant when her daughter was born. Her body may not have gone back to normal yet, but she was not carrying a child at the time of her transformation.

I also do not think that if she would be able to have another baby, it would be human. When you add to alike things, you get another alike thing. I see where you are going with it, but it would not be genetically possible. How would the baby have human genes if what created it had chromosomes from two vampires? It would create another vampire.

Your ideas are interesting, but I do not think them likely. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Ok brain hurts thinking to much but I love how all of this can go hmmm I think I will have a meeting with miss stephenie meyer and have her explain her evil plans Muhahaha lol oh the possibilities of fan fictions I love how we all think
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...   Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bella's REAL ability-could have taken the book another direction...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Breaking Dawn :: Discussions-
Jump to: