Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Setting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:21 am

So if Twilight took place in a different place, where do you think it would be? how does the setting affect the story.

example: if Twilight took place in cali, the vamps would either never be seen or umm they would just dazzle everyone and that would be a problem
Back to top Go down

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:29 am

I can totally see why Steph chose the setting she did but I think, if it were up to me, I'd like to move them over to the easter coast. I think if that happened and they were near the great lakes, the story could have been changed a little bit. Here's how I see it.

Instead of trying to act normal, maybe the plot would have been for the cullens to keep to the forests (lots of it around that area) and sort of shadow society...while still being vegan.
I think it would have been cool to have Bella stumble on their house when the cullens weren't there or something else along those lines. Maybe she turns it into a place to go when she wants to be alone, only to have the vampire family return from [insert place here] a while later. Maybe they watch her from the shadows and slowly edward develops feelings for her much the same way he did in Twilight. All through chance meetings and watching Bella.
It could be much more mystery oriented because, in this case, Bella would be the only one who's ever seen the cullens and everyone in town would think she's just making up stories.

I could go on and on but I think you get the jist of it...
that might make for a good fanfic actually. o.0
Back to top Go down

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 am

ladyandthevamp wrote:
example: if Twilight took place in cali, the vamps would either never be seen or umm they would just dazzle everyone and that would be a problem

Haha i doubt Cali is a choice.....

OME I have got it and your going to flip!!! ALASKA!!!!!!! think about it Bella moves up there but this time she is confronted by more vamps. Tanya hitting on Edward so much. Think about how their realtionship would be. Instead of just Rosalie wanting to kill bella Tanya does too.

OME I am going to write that as a fanfic... NO taking! I CALL IT!

"Copyright"

No touchy! haha
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Folklorn wrote:
I can totally see why Steph chose the setting she did but I think, if it were up to me, I'd like to move them over to the easter coast. I think if that happened and they were near the great lakes, the story could have been changed a little bit. Here's how I see it.

Instead of trying to act normal, maybe the plot would have been for the cullens to keep to the forests (lots of it around that area) and sort of shadow society...while still being vegan.
I think it would have been cool to have Bella stumble on their house when the cullens weren't there or something else along those lines. Maybe she turns it into a place to go when she wants to be alone, only to have the vampire family return from [insert place here] a while later. Maybe they watch her from the shadows and slowly edward develops feelings for her much the same way he did in Twilight. All through chance meetings and watching Bella.
It could be much more mystery oriented because, in this case, Bella would be the only one who's ever seen the cullens and everyone in town would think she's just making up stories.

I love that idea! Seriously you are a genius!
Back to top Go down

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:

OME I have got it and your going to flip!!! ALASKA!!!!!!! think about it Bella moves up there but this time she is confronted by more vamps. Tanya hitting on Edward so much. Think about how their realtionship would be. Instead of just Rosalie wanting to kill bella Tanya does too.

"Copyright"

No touchy! haha
Oh fine! You've got dibs XP
Back to top Go down

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:54 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

Embarassed Why thank you. I'm happy you like the idea. I've never written a fanfic before but I want to give it a shot. I have a feeling this would be a long one though.
Maybe I need to make myself a playlist! XD
Back to top Go down

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Folklorn wrote:
Ms.Do-Anything-I-Want wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:

"Copyright"

No touchy! haha
Oh fine! You've got dibs XP

Why when i have a good idea i call dibs!!! But I think that someone should do one with the Cullens being nomads and edward changing himself for bella.
Another idea is the Cullens being part of the Volturi and Bella is brought to them as a possible person to be changed but then Edward hids her and takes her far away from them and ya you get the picture.

So those are two i dont call dibs on just because i am writing the Denali one and another one that has nothing to do with Twilight.... I actually had a dream that now i cant stop thinking about. SO there are some choices for fanfic writers... as long as i get mentioned some where in there or you thank me! haha Wink
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Folklorn wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

Embarassed Why thank you. I'm happy you like the idea. I've never written a fanfic before but I want to give it a shot. I have a feeling this would be a long one though.

You WILL write this story. I am in love with the idea. in fact i think that i like that idea as much as i like how Twilight already is!
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:28 pm

ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

You WILL write this story. I am in love with the idea. in fact i think that i like that idea as much as i like how Twilight already is!

That sounds like an awesome FF idea...I will totally read it when you get it up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:43 pm

Fandom_United wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:
ladyandthevamp wrote:
Folklorn wrote:

That sounds like an awesome FF idea...I will totally read it when you get it up!
Oh lord, what have I gotten myself into? I better start sketching out an outline. I think I might actually end up re-writing twilight. Jesus...
Twilight; the untold story XD

Edit: Okay, may I just say the internet sucks!
I'm TRYING to do some research on small towns on the east coast to keep things as realistic as possible and there's zilch to work with. It's like Forks must be the only small town to have any information online (for obvious reasons).
Even when I find a place it turns out to be some town only uber rich people live in...not QUITE what I was looking for XP
This is going to piss me off.
I moved over to Maine in hopes of better luck but it's not working. Deer isle is pretty close but it still seems like an exclusive place from what i've been able to find online. How the heck did Stephenie do this! Twilight seems so spontaneous but there had to be a lot of planning to dig up so much information before forks was famous. I might need to keep it in forks and just change the plot >[
*chew on her stuffed animals*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Setting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Setting...   The Setting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Setting...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Podcast Features :: Fan Questions-
Jump to: