Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views Empty
PostSubject: RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views   RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm

As you all know, each book in the Twilight Saga was influenced by a literary classic (Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, The Merchant of Venice, Taming of the Shrew...).

I was in the book store the other day, and startled to see a novel that resembled New Moon so closely, except in size and the color was a bit off. It said in a bubble near the top, "Bella and Edward's favorite book". It was Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

If they were alive today, how do you think that Emily, Jane and William feel? Doyou think they would be okay with their works being known due to something else? Or would they be horrified that their works of art were
being marked for some pop culture sensation?

Recently, I was on the lexicon and it had an article about teachers using Twilight to get their students to read more mature literature, such as Wuthering Heights. Article here: http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2009/12/16/the-twilight-saga-meets-bronte-and-more/

Doyou think this is a good idea or a bad one?

UPDATE:
Apparently they are also marketing versions of Romeo and Juliet and Pride and Prejudice as this. (I saw it today at the store).
Back to top Go down
beendazzled4life
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
beendazzled4life

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-12-10

RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views Empty
PostSubject: Re: RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views   RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

stay tuned for ep. 87 for the answer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tapodcast.com

RESUBMITTED Emily Bronte, Jane Austen and William Shakespeare's Views
Page 1 of 1