Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Half Blood Prince!..

Go down 
+7
KimberLeAnn
CarlisleGirl2009
QuoteGirl
#1twilighter08
DanaBug
Missy Skywalker
ohmyedward
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Half Blood Prince!.. Empty
PostSubject: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:40 pm

okay, i know this is a twi-forum but i also know we have HP lovers!
SOOO!
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
I saw it last night at midnight and...

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!
freaking HILARIOUS!
but, you know.. sad too.

idk, WHAT DID YALL THINK? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theresa1025

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:56 pm

OMG!!!! it was AMAZING!! and can i say...Draco...very smexy!! lol
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:43 pm

lol yesssss!
i have just recently grown a HUGE crush on the sexy Tom Smile))
i really liked the movie but it kinda mad me sad all the stuff they had to leave out of the movie :/
and it seemed like it was so funny that at some serious parts i just couldn't get in the mood.
oh well!
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:37 pm

WOW! I saw it last night at midnight (my first midnight movie) and I love it!

I could go on for hours about what I liked and what I didn't, but I won't do that right here. I'll just say that I really enjoyed it and liked it so much more than OotP and PoA, which are my least favorite movies.

Oh, and I see you're talking about my man (aka Tom Felton). I remember in the first two movies when he had all the grease in his hair, and I had a HUGE crush on him. I thought it had gone away, but it is back in full force now. *swoon*
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Missy Skywalker wrote:

Oh, and I see you're talking about my man (aka Tom Felton). I remember in the first two movies when he had all the grease in his hair, and I had a HUGE crush on him. I thought it had gone away, but it is back in full force now. *swoon*

Hands off!! He's mine! JK! Haha! I lurve him too! All my friends thought I was crazy during the first movies and now they all have a crush on him too! Heehee! Ya I just got back from it and between Dan, Tom, the death, and the hilarity, I was swooning, crying, and laughing all over the place! It was awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:03 pm

DanaBug wrote:
Hands off!! He's mine! JK! Haha! I lurve him too! All my friends thought I was crazy during the first movies and now they all have a crush on him too! Heehee! Ya I just got back from it and between Dan, Tom, the death, and the hilarity, I was swooning, crying, and laughing all over the place! It was awesome!

I don't mind. We can share him. (Of course, he gets absolutely no say in this)

lol!
Back to top Go down
#1twilighter08
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
#1twilighter08

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:57 pm

ha ha! i havent seen it yet but will do so really soon!! and tom felton-i know wat u guys mean! i mean have u seen the guy!! totally drool worthy! cheers drunken intoxicated by his presence-in movies! lol!
Back to top Go down
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Missy Skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Do you want a piece of him too?

(I love how I'm dividing him up like he's a pie!)
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 pm

i want a piece! :]
& i'll go ahead and call a piece for Randi too..
lol
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 pm

"So did you and Ginny do it?" (Ron)
"What?" (Harry)
"Hide the book." (Ron)
"Oh. Yeah." (Harry)

Those lines (Not exactly sure if those are word-for-word, I saw it at midnight) were pure genius. And Dan's facial expression was perfect. I think that was one of my favorite lines ever spoken in a Potter film.

All of the actors were incredible, looking back (I watched PoA last night) they really grew up and are so much better than when they started. The special effects in this film was at the best I have seen and visually, it looked great.

Another disappointment was Harry and Ginny's kiss. Really? In the Room of Requirement? How romantic. They portrayed the pair and falling in love pretty well, even if it was different from the book. I loved when Harry rose from the table when she walked into Slughorn's. The look on Hermione's face was perfect. She did a terrific job in this film.

One of the best actors I think was actually Tom Felton. He captured Malfoy so perfectly and did great with the screen time alotted to him. He was in more this time than all of the previous movies combined and he did an awesome job. The angsty, depressed, scared and boastful young man that Malfoy is really showed up in his presence and you could feel it.

Things Disappointing:
- Tonks and Lupin's relationship
- Harry's Non-Existant Obsession With Malfoy
- Down-sizing of Neville, Tonks, Lupin, Snape, Hagrid and the Weasley's (save Ron and Ginny) roles
- Dumbledore's funeral
- The addition of the Burrow on fire (Was it necessary?)
- Only showing Harry two memories instead of the four in the book
- How no classes were shown save Potions
- Lack of house-elves
- The Room of Requirement

Things Approved
- Inferi
- Cormac McLaggen
- Malfoy's increased screen-time
- The Score
- Ginny and Harry's relationship
- The ending
- The jokes and humor
- Ron and Hermione's relationship
- Fred and George's shop (Can it be real?)
- Slughorn and Potions class
- Sectumsempra scene
- Lavender Brown

Last edited by QuoteGirl on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ohmyedward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ohmyedward

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:17 pm

^
yeah-- agree with ya completely!!!
another character they downsized was Hagrid. He got jipped! lol
loved the pinchers part though!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
#1twilighter08
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
#1twilighter08

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:06 pm

YES!!! if u wudn't mind cutting him up any smaller than he is already! lol! i watched it on saturday and was busting to cum on here to tell u guys!!!! OMG! it was AWSUM!!!!! yea the lines i like the most are

"So did u and Ginny do it?"
"What?"
"Hide the book I mean."
"Oh, yeah." LOL! everyone was laughing!

"What do you think he sees in Ginny? Dean I mean."
"Well she has nice skin..."
"well you know Hermione has nice skin. As far as skin goes that is..." LOL!!!!

"Isn't it beautiful! The moon."
"Um... yeah it is..." these may not be word for word so yeah...
"I think I'm in love with her! Do you think that she even thinks I exist?"
"Well I hope so! I mean she's been snogging you for the past month!"
"Snogging? Who are you talking about?"
"Who are you talking about?"
"Grimelda. Grimelda Vain" cant spell.
"Ok really funny."
"It's no joke!"

LOL!!!! Rupert did the best facial expressions in this bit!!!! lol!! there are others but then this post wud be so verry long! lol!
Back to top Go down
CarlisleGirl2009
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
CarlisleGirl2009

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

I have never read the HP books but I have always loved the movies. But this last movie to me seemed to go no where. I was good don't get me wrong but the relationships looked like forced acting. IDK but I think this movie was more of a "get ready for the next movie" its not one of my favorite movies. What was with the "vanishing cabinet" it had no purpose in the movie. I really didn't like those wasted scenes with the cabinet.
But this was definately the funniest HP movie I loved it for that. I could not stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:55 pm

CarlisleGirl2009 wrote:
I have never read the HP books but I have always loved the movies. But this last movie to me seemed to go no where. I was good don't get me wrong but the relationships looked like forced acting. IDK but I think this movie was more of a "get ready for the next movie" its not one of my favorite movies. What was with the "vanishing cabinet" it had no purpose in the movie. I really didn't like those wasted scenes with the cabinet.
But this was definately the funniest HP movie I loved it for that. I could not stop laughing.

Hmmm, I guess I can see what you mean. The vanishing cabinet was how they got the Death Eaters into Hogwarts. This movie wasn't one of the clearest if you haven't read the books so I can how it can be confusing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:57 pm

#1twilighter08 wrote:
YES!!! if u wudn't mind cutting him up any smaller than he is already! lol! i watched it on saturday and was busting to cum on here to tell u guys!!!! OMG! it was AWSUM!!!!! yea the lines i like the most are

"So did u and Ginny do it?"
"What?"
"Hide the book I mean."
"Oh, yeah." LOL! everyone was laughing!

"What do you think he sees in Ginny? Dean I mean."
"Well she has nice skin..."
"well you know Hermione has nice skin. As far as skin goes that is..." LOL!!!!

"Isn't it beautiful! The moon."
"Um... yeah it is..." these may not be word for word so yeah...
"I think I'm in love with her! Do you think that she even thinks I exist?"
"Well I hope so! I mean she's been snogging you for the past month!"
"Snogging? Who are you talking about?"
"Who are you talking about?"
"Grimelda. Grimelda Vain" cant spell.
"Ok really funny."
"It's no joke!"

LOL!!!! Rupert did the best facial expressions in this bit!!!! lol!! there are others but then this post wud be so verry long! lol!

I completely agree. I loved the skin one too as well. Dan/Harry looked a bit frightened when Rupert/Ron kept talking about how nice Emma/Hermione's skin was. I love it!

I am so excited! I am pretty sure I am going to see it in Imax either Sunday or Monday. My brother has not seen it yet. And I will go a thousand more times if I could. Smile

And, it is Romilda Vane just to let you know. I could see how it could be confusing.... As for if you never read the book, this movie will probably not make much sense because they cut out a few (or a lot) of things.
Back to top Go down
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
KimberLeAnn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Okay so I saw it a t midnigh too. My best story wasn't from the film. Remember when Ginny bends down and ties Harry's shoe......yeah well in the moment of silence that follows while she is down the girl sitting behind me says really loudly "Yeah while your down there..." I'll let you fill in the rest. It was the dirtiest and funniest thing ever.

As for the actual movie I liked it but I had a few problems. I didn't like the end. Harry wouldn't just sit around and do nothing while Snape goes up and kills Dumbledore. It was sat him dieing. When McGonigal started crying that's when I lost it.
Back to top Go down
Fandom_United
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Fandom_United

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:32 am

I've got one word for ya'll: PINCERS! lol!

The comedy in this one was top notch. I don't think I've heard a crowd laugh so much in a HP movie, but then again I watched it with 600 other die hard HP fans at a HP con. I absolutely loved Lavender and how they really played up her obsessive tendencies...lol. The entire Felix Felicis sequence was well done also along with Ron's chocolate cauldron incident. I also really loved the Quidditch in this movie. Is it just me or does the Quidditch look better and better every time?

The one issue I had with the movie though was Harry/Ginny! They made her like his mother. Feeding him, tying his show! Gah where is the romance!

One last thing. I was laughing so hard during the part where Draco was talking about how much he hates Hogwarts on the train that I forgot to yell "I wanna go to Pigfarts!" A Very Potter Musical FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Fandom_United
SmellsLikeEdwardSpirit
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SmellsLikeEdwardSpirit

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 am

OMG! It was awsome! Tom Felton stole the show. I was at the midnight showing and soo i was really pumped up and i stayed pumped the whole movie. GREATNESS!!!
Back to top Go down
Erikalovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Erikalovestwilight

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm

I finally got to see it on Saturday and I thought it was awesome! The comedy in it was hilarious but it was sad at the end. Can't wait to see the next two!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/erika1975
#1twilighter08
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
#1twilighter08

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 am

well yea. this was the first book i read and b4 this one i had vowed never to read the books! lol !well i guess that plan didn't work!! i wonder wat the actors are going to do now that the series is almost over? i mean i don't think that i can see them as anyone else other than the charaters that they played! well maybe Emma Watson cud do a different movie... but hey watever it's up to them!
Back to top Go down
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 10:03 am

okay this is sort of random but i noticed that in the hbp they didn't punish harry or do anything for performing sectum sempra on draco, i can't remember if they did anything in the book
Back to top Go down
#1twilighter08
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
#1twilighter08

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 am

i guess eh? cause it almost killed draco and if it weren't for Snape then draco wud have died...
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:39 pm

When I was watching it for my third time, I noticed something a little peculiar during the Lavender/Ron kiss after the Quidditch game.

Did anyone else notice that when it flashed from Lavender/Ron to Harry/Hermione, Ginny and Dean behind them, that Dean was wearing a pink sweater over his Gryffindor shirt? The same sweater that Hermione wears later in the film? I thought it was pretty funny but I am not sure if it was intentional, like maybe they left some lines out that he lost a bet or something or if they wanted him in a pink sweater.
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 pm

GlitchInMyBrain wrote:
okay this is sort of random but i noticed that in the hbp they didn't punish harry or do anything for performing sectum sempra on draco, i can't remember if they did anything in the book

Snape gave him a months worth of weekend detentions copying down old files of Hogwarts old wrong-doers (Mostly James, Sirius, Lupin and Wormtail) and Harry misses the last Quidditch game of the year, which leads to him getting together with Ginny, and he hides his book in the room of requirement when Snape reads his mind and tells him to bring his schoolbag to him. Harry knows he'll get in trouble for it, so he borrows Ron's book (which has Roonil Wazlib on the cover, Harry claims it's his new nickname) and hides the potions book, alone, in the Room of Requirement. He puts it under a bust of a warlock with a tiara on it's head so he can later find it if he ever wishes. And that tiara comes in handy during DH......
Back to top Go down
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
GlitchInMyBrain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:51 pm

QuoteGirl wrote:
GlitchInMyBrain wrote:

Snape gave him a months worth of weekend detentions copying down old files of Hogwarts old wrong-doers (Mostly James, Sirius, Lupin and Wormtail) and Harry misses the last Quidditch game of the year, which leads to him getting together with Ginny, and he hides his book in the room of requirement when Snape reads his mind and tells him to bring his schoolbag to him. Harry knows he'll get in trouble for it, so he borrows Ron's book (which has Roonil Wazlib on the cover, Harry claims it's his new nickname) and hides the potions book, alone, in the Room of Requirement. He puts it under a bust of a warlock with a tiara on it's head so he can later find it if he ever wishes. And that tiara comes in handy during DH......

oh yeah... thanks for refreshing my memory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Blood Prince!..   Half Blood Prince!.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Half Blood Prince!..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: