Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
taycob16

2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Empty
PostSubject: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 pm

So I always feel fustrated when I come to the point in one of the books when Bella tells Edward that she's "heavier than your adverage backpack" even though she apparently is only 110 lbs. Recently, I've been wondering if the story and/or movie would change if Bella was depicted as a little more 'adverage' size such as 150lbs (or even heavy?). I was wondering if any of you girls would think that would affect how people saw Bella?

Also, just as an aside, is there a point in any of the four books when you are really annoyed or angry with Edward (besides his leaving in NM)?

love the podcast,

Allie <3
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 am

I think I might like Bella more. It annoys me how in almost every book all the female characters are described as thin. Think about it - can you remember a book where the main character is not? Many females today are not super-skinny and I would love to see a book with a character who has more weight. The only ones I have read are about heavy people and their struggle to fit in with their weight. How you look does not define you. So if Bella was like 150 lbs, I would like the story more because then it proves that you do not have to be a stick to fall in love and make new friends and live a happy (well, reasonably happy some of the time) life.
Back to top Go down
taycob16

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:22 pm

^---I agree! and it would make the whole "heavier than your adverage backpack" a little more authentic as well. thank you for sharing that Smile
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Sure.

I loved your question because it bothers me that in today's world, most people are not 110 lbs (Some are of course, but most are a bit heavier) but everything in our culture is thin. Book characters, actors, celebrities, models. There are always the occasional outlier, but usually it is the same thing. If Bella was heavier, I would like her just a bit more.
Back to top Go down
taycob16

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for agreeing with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)   2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 questions i really hope make it onto the podcast :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Podcast Features :: Fan Questions-
Jump to: