Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Native Americans?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arianna
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Arianna

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Native Americans? Empty
PostSubject: Native Americans?   Native Americans? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 pm

What do you like (or dislike) about the way Stephenie wrote about the Quileutes?

I really like how she made them seem like people, rather than crazy mystical indian cratures, yknow? I like how she didn't make them all perfect and amazing. (or the other way around) They're all different with unique personalities, because that's what people are like. Smile

Thanks. Smile

Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Native Americans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Native Americans?   Native Americans? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm

I agree.

Sometimes, when people think of Native Americans, they make them sound like they make their own clothes, have no electricity and are really old-fashioned. That is not true at all. Most books though, do portray Native Americans that way because it is historical fiction. It is nice to see that they are just like someone who lives in a city or some one who has perhaps Irish or Mexican or Italian or whatever else heritage. The wolves are all so normal (Well, aside from the fact that they are wolves) that it is awesome.

Clearly Stephenie Meyer is not a prejudiced woman, and perhaps through her work, other people will become less prejudiced.
Back to top Go down

Native Americans?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Podcast Features :: Fan Questions-
Jump to: