Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you switch Teams if....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
teamedwardjacobaddict
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
teamedwardjacobaddict

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Would you switch Teams if.... Empty
PostSubject: Would you switch Teams if....   Would you switch Teams if.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Last night I was thinking. If in the Twilight series, Bella feel in love with Jacob first and then with Edward instand of how the books are Edward then Jacob. Would you changed which team you are on? For example, I feel since Edward is the one I feel in love with first and then Jacob like Bella I am more Team Edward but still love Jacob. I am Team Edward Jacob. But if it was Jacob who I feel in love with first. I think I would be more Team Jacob. So which team are you on and if you can't make a choice who do you like the best of the two? And then, if it was reverse would you changed teams or who you liked the best?
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Would you switch Teams if....   Would you switch Teams if.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 pm

I think that part of the reason that a lot of people are team Edward, is because of the way that Stephenie portrays Bella's love for him. You don't get that feeling of unconditional love with Bella and Jacob. When Stephenie wrote Bella and Edward, she wrote with more of the forbidden feel to it, and when she wrote Bella and Jake, she wrote with the "you-are-my-best-friend-its-ok-to-love-you" feel to it.

Does that make any sense....? Now to answer the question...
If Stephenie had written Bella and Jake with the same intensity, probably. If Jake had been the one she was forbidden to love, probably. If Edward was the fall back, like Jake was, probably. If the intense, forbidden, desperate feeling was not there, I would be Team Edward.
Back to top Go down
musicc4evr
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
musicc4evr

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Would you switch Teams if....   Would you switch Teams if.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 am

i think i would be a little more Team Edward because the "forbidden love" is there, even if Bella fell in love with Jacob first.

(and i think more people are apt to like the character that the protagonist shouldn't love, but does. that's why "forbidden love" is the best kind of story!!!)
Back to top Go down
DanaBug
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
DanaBug

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Would you switch Teams if....   Would you switch Teams if.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Well, one of my friends (the girl responsible for me reading Twilight) read New Moon first. She was on the waiting list for the books at the library and New Moon was avaliable first. She is DIE HARD Team Jacob. Like, almost to point where it's just stupid. Everytime I try to 'debate', so to speak, with her, it always comes back to that stubborn 'Jacob's just better'. While she doesn't like some of Edward's qualities, I think the fact that she met Jacob first certainly contributed to her view. Personally, if it was Jacob first and then Edward, I think the story might have been kind of boring in the beginning. I mean, I love Jacob, but Bella just never loved him with that burning, almost irrational intesity with which she loves Edward. It would've been just another normal teenage romance. Like ladyandthevamp said, their relationship doesn't seem so unconditional love, just kinda buddy-buddy love. And if Jacob left her and Edward came, I think I would be the same as I am today, Team Swiss Cheese Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buggigurl713
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you switch Teams if....   Would you switch Teams if.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you switch Teams if....
Page 1 of 1