Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

considering...

Go down 
+8
Tesorito718
StupidLamb_1981
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Aidan Cullen
TeamSwissCheese
SurrepTRIXus
Resisting the wine
ladyandthevamp
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2008-12-10

considering... Empty
PostSubject: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Considering that this book is the first of a series, what are your thoughts on the pace, introducing characters, etc...?
Back to top Go down
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-14

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 pm

I think the pace of Twilight is perfect. SM is an amazing story teller. I love how you always have something to look forward to. You know Bella's schedule and when she sees Edward. I love how you look forward to lunch and Biology. I think you see Edward at like page 20. I think the book moves super fast. Also, I had remembered Edward being gone for a really long time after he freaks out the first day in Biology. Its only like 7 pages. SM draws you so deep into Bella's world, you get restless just because Bella is, but really the reader is only waiting like seven pages.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 pm

yeah you get so sucked in that when ever bellas heart is racing so is yours and when Edward shows up you feel happy and surprised! Its amazing how SM or any writer for that matter can do that!
Back to top Go down

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:52 pm

I am lost what are we talking about? Stephanie Meyer and....
Back to top Go down
SurrepTRIXus
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
SurrepTRIXus

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-12-15

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:04 am

The amazing part of the book, is that I was able to read over 100 pages before I realized that absolutely NOTHING had happened, and yet, I didn't care! The way SM wrote about Bella's pull toward Edward kept me turning the pages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4464489/1/<b>Fixing<_b>_<b>Dusk<_b>
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:10 pm

yes and in the beginning of twilight i felt akward and in the end of the book i was in love! Just like BELLA
Back to top Go down
Resisting the wine
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Resisting the wine

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-12-14

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Another thing I like about the series is how the problems of everyday life are completely taken out of the equation and replaced with other more interesting problems. For example, the Cullens don't have to worry about money, or getting sick, or even death or getting old. Its a complete fantasy, but that is what I like about it. Sometimes the trials of everyday can be portrayed beautifully in books and movies, but I like how SM takes them all away. SM says, "For a few hours you will focus on this problem: you love a vampire that wants to kill you." Very different from the trials of everyday life.
Back to top Go down
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:52 pm

i know!! and she just makes the reader realize how much that you, well like bella, cant have edward and hes like that one impossibility in your life, but at the same time hes utterly perfect for you, again i mean bella lol. i love stephenie's writing style and i totally agree with the page turning.. i read like 5 chapters and then i realize like "wow i just read like 70 pages" study Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aidan Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Aidan Cullen

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-28

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:38 pm

I thought it was very well paced, you got the picture of everyone, everytime I re-read it I get the same excitment.
Back to top Go down
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Resisting the wine wrote:
Another thing I like about the series is how the problems of everyday life are completely taken out of the equation and replaced with other more interesting problems. For example, the Cullens don't have to worry about money, or getting sick, or even death or getting old. Its a complete fantasy, but that is what I like about it. Sometimes the trials of everyday can be portrayed beautifully in books and movies, but I like how SM takes them all away. SM says, "For a few hours you will focus on this problem: you love a vampire that wants to kill you." Very different from the trials of everyday life.

it things like that tha remind you that the books are totally fantasy and I like that all of the obstacles in the book are all tied round one big problem : A vampire and a human are in love.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Mrs_Edward_Cullen

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:48 pm

well the first book is my favourite, I really don't know why, i feel like an addict, I mean for real I was like not eating just to stay in my room and keep reading, the night is the most difficult part, dreaming about it and whatnot, it's creepy! I know, but I just can't help it :s I think it's because of Edward character, because when I was reading New moon I felt kinda bored, i was waiting for him to show up again , ( sorry, team jacob ^^ )
Back to top Go down
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
ladyandthevamp
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
ladyandthevamp

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:19 pm

Mrs_Edward_Cullen wrote:
well the first book is my favourite, I really don't know why, i feel like an addict, I mean for real I was like not eating just to stay in my room and keep reading, the night is the most difficult part, dreaming about it and whatnot, it's creepy! I know, but I just can't help it :s I think it's because of Edward character, because when I was reading New moon I felt kinda bored, i was waiting for him to show up again , ( sorry, team jacob ^^ )

yeah new moon was kinda boring but i got through it so fast cuz edward had to come back. And i didnt do anything but read for weeks cuz i kept rereading the books. I had finished Eclipse for the first time on Aug. 1 so i was able to go to the midnight release party and read breaking dawn right away. We are all addicts! LOL
Back to top Go down
StupidLamb_1981
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
StupidLamb_1981

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-12-09

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

The very first time i read it i was hooked. the preface is what got me. it made me curious to continue the story and find out what was happening with this girl. i think the pace of the book is wonderful and the end of every chapter always leaves you hungering for more Surprised . her introductions to the charactures are wonderful as well. she describes them in just enough detail that it is not over kill but she gives you enough to form an adequate picture of them in your head *until you see the movie of course* study
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/butterflyprincess7981
Tesorito718
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Tesorito718

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-23

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 am

Mrs_Edward_Cullen wrote:

I agree, I didn't eat or sleep while reading Twilight actually all the books. During New Moon I was just fighting the temptation of skimming through the book to see when Edward showed up, but I never did! I'm totally TEAM EDWARD!
Back to top Go down
lizthetwilightfrog
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
lizthetwilightfrog

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-08

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 am

I have to be honest it took me two weeks to get into twilight. That first 20 pages was like oh my goodness I am never goning to get into this book then the Cullens make an entrance and I was never mind I was wrong I can get into this book. After that point it took me about 9 hrs to finish the book. I just dont see how anyone who is into vampires and stuff cant like this book. I am still upset about what Mr. King said I am not a fan of his books and I think he over writes things so I am going to stick to the good stuff. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/beinggreenisnteasy
PacificNW_Guy
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
PacificNW_Guy

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-10

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Twilight characters...   considering... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 am

so wtf was up with that one asian kid, on the Twilight movie? was he on drugs or something, or did he just have ADD really bad? what a fuckin tweaker! rofl j/w
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thegiftedprogram
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 am

Eric's just a little over excitable, lol, that's all. :-) LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter
TeamSwissCheese
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
TeamSwissCheese

Number of posts : 114

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:44 am

lol i loveeeeeee him!!! my favorite is when he and bella are walking into bio and mike comes in and interupts him and hes like "you gotta let a playa play!!" hahahha
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
QuoteGirl

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 am

That's a very good question.

I remember vividly sitting in my father's car outside of the library staring down at the cover. I had this weird feeling in my fingertips, yet I was hesitant to open the book. I first read the back and then the inside slipcover. When I could prolong the moment no more, I remember my eyes taking in the first page. After that, the rest of the day was a complete blur. It kills me not to remember the exact day I read Twilight for the first time. I know it was in July '08, yet I can't remember if it was before the 4th or after, if it was the second week or first. I know it was at least two weeks before Breaking Dawn came out, by that point I had already read the series three times and was waiting like any other fangirl for the book to come out. I almost cried when I realized I was going to be at sleep-away camp during the midnight release of the book. August 2nd, 11:24 am (I think that was the time) I was racing through the final installment.

What I loved about Twilight was that it was addicting. When you first saw the Cullens, you literally felt that, "Who are they?" In your mind. When you are in the Biology room, your fingers are turning the pages so fast because you want, no need, to know what is going on with that boy. It's obvious Edward and the Cullens are not normal, but you don't know why. When you meet Jake and listen to the legends, it clicks. The Cullens are vampires. You already know, perhaps Bella even admits it to herself, that she is in love with Edward. So you know it will not matter what he is. You fall in love with Edward too. When Bella races off to find James, you are thinking, "Would I do that for someone I loved?" Those final tense pages, you are cheering on for Edward to save her and hoping with all your might, it won't be too late. How sad it would be to leave the star-crossed lovers behind? You are already, conciously or subconciously, planning on reading the next book.

The words are powerful, the characters are strong and the story is excellent. What's not to love?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

considering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: considering...   considering... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

considering...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Book Discussions :: Twilight Talk-
Jump to: