Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Black Dagger Brotherhood - Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Happy Twilighter
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic
Happy Twilighter

Number of posts : 831
Registration date : 2008-12-08

The Black Dagger Brotherhood - Dark Lover by J.R. Ward Empty
PostSubject: The Black Dagger Brotherhood - Dark Lover by J.R. Ward   The Black Dagger Brotherhood - Dark Lover by J.R. Ward Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:58 pm

OK... despite the fact that the write-up sounds like a cheesy romance novel on steroids... these are spec-freakin-tacular books... and, yeah, they kinda read like romance novels with a MASSIVE vampire twist and TONS of action (these are vampire warriors, after all), but they're really, really good. And the storyline is a LOT different than a lot of other series' i've read. Lots of detail in the makeup of their society, lots of detail in how they interact and what the conflicts in each story are... and each book has it's main focus on a different member of The Brotherhood, but they're all involved in the story, AND, the narration switches points of views multiple times... you get to see all angles of situations and hear multiple people's thoughts and ideas on things... VERY, VERY well done... there are 6 books available now, 7th coming out soon (the author plans on 9 to complete the series)... i'm about halfway through the 6th book now... GOOD STUFF... not for the kiddies...

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed- orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead…

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both…

AND... as a bonus... J.R. Ward is one of the MOST interactive authors I've ever seen... she spends hours each week on her fan forum, answering questions and commenting on posts... she does mock "interviews" with the characters from her books, and does chats and video messages too... she's really into her fans and it shows... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HappyTwilighter

The Black Dagger Brotherhood - Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
Page 1 of 1